Are microcells still down around the country?

Contributor

Are microcells still down around the country?

My microcell still just blinks at the bottom light.  I know days ago there were reports all over the US of this happening.  Is this still the case?

Message 1 of 45 (3,826 Views)
Guru

Re: Are microcells still down around the country?

Yet another case of AT&T's left had not knowing what the right was doing. Unbelievable incompetence.

Message 16 of 45 (2,542 Views)
Contributor

I live in Western North Carolina very near the Tennesse border.  I've had my microcell for about 2 years(yes I was in one of the orignal test regions) now and it has worked perfectly up until the past 2-3 months.  Now it seems to go down for days (currently been down for 5 days) at a time with full GPS lock and internet connection.  I've reset and reconfigured how it's setup every way you can think of and just because it's never done this before I am led to believe it is on AT&Ts end.  I'm highly disappointed as where I live is a complete dead zone about a mile in every direction of my house.  Without the microcell I am cutoff pretty much.  I hope the issues are resolved quickly as I have grown too acustomed to having signal at my house and feel helpless without it.

Message 17 of 45 (2,534 Views)
Contributor

I just got one yesterday, I have been trying to get it installed since, and nothing! After 3 calls to AT&T I finally got someone to tell me that their system is down and they have no idea of how long it will be before is up and running again. I have a call back set up for monday.

I just recently moved, and got the Microcell for free from AT&T since I have no tower coverage at my house, but its kinda useless if this system is so unrelaible as it seems. But the worse of all is the lack of response from AT&T, There is nothing worse than be left out in the rain with no information at all in what is going on.

I guess I just have to get a CDMA phone from CellSouth Ugghhhh

Message 18 of 45 (2,507 Views)
Contributor

Got mine 16 days ago.  Website was down for registration for the first 2 days.  Finally got the darn think registered last night.  Then I got 38 text messages between 12:15 am and 7:30 am at regular intervals, all telling me that the Microcell activation had failed.  Had ZERO sleep as a result (I'm on call so couldn't turn the phone off). 

AT&T tell me this morning that they have had a total system failure and have no idea when it wil be resolved.  I have naturally told them that I will be moving my 2 iPhones, 1 Blackberry and 2 iPad accounts to a different provider.  I will also go out and buy a commercial cell-signal booster rather than deal with this crap...

Message 19 of 45 (2,498 Views)
Contributor

I'm in Alabama and it's down for me. I just endured my second service call...the first guy had me deactivate and reactivate the Microcell, to no avail, and the lady I talked to this morning actually admitted an outage and deactivated it from her side. I'm going on vacation, so I'll reactivate when I get home. Hopefully the problem will be solved then. I'm very close to switching to the *other* iPhone carrier.

Message 20 of 45 (2,491 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

NE Ohio has been down since I turned my phone on today, Monday, June 27, 2011, at 5:15 am EST. I was able to successfully reacquire service through the power down reboot process. All is ok for now (2:12 PM EST, 6-27-11).

Message 21 of 45 (2,574 Views)
Scholar

One other thing to note...I had a power outage a few months ago...after the power was restored the 3g light on my MCell (which had been working fine until then) was blinking and nothing seemed to fix it.  As it turned out, the power outage fried the MCell.  A warranty replacement unit came up immediately and has been working fine since then.  It's worth trying to replace the Mcell if you've had a power outage and the MCell 3g light blinks and nothing seems to get it back up again.

Message 22 of 45 (2,535 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]
Moved 2 weeks ago, worked fine first week after changing location. Then late last week all I get is a blinking network, blinking computer & blinking 3G light. GPS is solid. Location is NW PA. EDIT: I keep bugging my college buddy who works at the local AT&T store for info or to exchange my M-Cell. He either apparently doesn't know of any network outage or isn't saying anything; and said the manager won't exchange my M-Cell since its over 30 days since I got it.
Message 23 of 45 (2,509 Views)
ACE - Master

Firewurx wrote:
Moved 2 weeks ago, worked fine first week after changing location. Then late last week all I get is a blinking network, blinking computer & blinking 3G light. GPS is solid. Location is NW PA. EDIT: I keep bugging my college buddy who works at the local AT&T store for info or to exchange my M-Cell. He either apparently doesn't know of any network outage or isn't saying anything; and said the manager won't exchange my M-Cell since its over 30 days since I got it.

Unfortunately it sounds like you'll have to call support, jump thru the hoops, and open a ticket. Support will be of little help but if you have a "documented" problem that the local corporate store can verify, then they will replace it becuase it's under warranty. I had mine replaced twice under warrany after I had it for 5 months.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 24 of 45 (2,503 Views)
Tutor

I've tried everything I can think of shy of calling them because they'll just tell me to do what I've already done. I've deactivated, reactivated, I've got a DSL and Cable line in my house and it does the same on both. Even straight from the modem with no router between yields the same results. I'm leaning on my issue being a AT&T network issue on the AT&T side. I'll give my M-Cell to someone else tomorrow who I know has a working cell and hook it up there and see what we get.
Message 25 of 45 (2,495 Views)
Tutor

Same issue here in L.A. 90210 area. I started experience this 3G blinking light problem since May 16 (somewhere around there). Multiple frustrating calls with AT&T 3G MicroCell tech support and nothing's fixed. I told them it had been working for 3 months until something happened to the 3G MicroCell. They are still trying to pin that on my network. I went through hoops to get it working the originally. It stayed working (mostly) for 3 months. Then all in a sudden, 3G light will not stop blinking. I went through the normal hoops to power cycle and what not...to no avail. Went through the pain to call AT&T Tech Support...all I got was insults and frustration. Any other company would have been folded. I guess I can't wait till my AT&T iPhone plan is up and go with Verizon. Anyhow, my config is as follow and it had been working for 3 months until mid May 2011: Time Warner (Roadrunner) cable->Motorola SBG900 cable modem with WIFI -> D-Link DGS-1008G (8-port Gigabit Switch) -> 3G MicroCell MTU = 1492 Ports open on SGB900 cable modem router firewall: + 443 TCP + 123 UDP + 500 UDP + 4500 UDP NAT enabled only on the SGB900 cable modem router DHCP enable on SGB900 cable modem router I went so far to deactivate and reactivate. No luck. I even open up 3G MicroCell to bypass the firewall. No luck. I even do the priority mode set up...no luck. Any help (other than dumping AT&T) will be appreciated.
Message 26 of 45 (2,486 Views)
Contributor

Purchased iPhone4 in March, picked up perfect signal for 2 months. On June 3rd phone started saying No Service. Have not had a signal since then. Been working with At&t on the problem, case opened and they say resolved but not on my end. Phone worked perfectly when taken into stronger signal area so it wasn't the phone. Finally At&t gave me a Microcell but after 3 days still not able to get it activated. We have no other carrier in our area so I'm extremely frustrated. My husband has a Blackberry Curve and picks up 3 bars without any problem. My 2 neighbors were able to activate their Microcell without any issues last week. I just wish At&t would give us the true story. So much for their commercials talking about their upgrades to 4G around the country.

Message 27 of 45 (2,475 Views)
Tutor

4G?! I need 3G first for a couple years whenever they get around to bringing it online between Erie and Pittsburgh. I wouldn't dare imagine how frustrated I'd be dealing without 4G.
Message 28 of 45 (2,382 Views)
Contributor

When I bought mine yesterday, it would have been nice to know the system in my area (NW Indiana) is not functioning. When I called the local ATT store and requested a MicroCell they informed me they had none in stock. After I mentioned I was going to BUY one they mysteriously had one in stock. It has been 24 hours of frustration and I am thinking about the 'other' provider....I guess being a customer since 1994 doesn't get me any consideration...

Message 29 of 45 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]

My MicroCell in Newport News, VA is down with the same blinking light noted by other members.  Recycling the device failed to remedy the problem.  I also reset the cable modem and router with no success. 

We returned from vacation earlier this week on June 28 to find we could not make a cell phone call from our home.  Another gift from our friends at AT&T.Smiley Sad

Any other Virginians having the same problem?

Message 30 of 45 (2,305 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.