Are microcells still down around the country?

Contributor

Are microcells still down around the country?

My microcell still just blinks at the bottom light.  I know days ago there were reports all over the US of this happening.  Is this still the case?

Message 1 of 45 (3,827 Views)
Scholar

Re: Are microcells still down around the country?

mwarchut wrote:

My microcell still just blinks at the bottom light.  I know days ago there were reports all over the US of this happening.  Is this still the case?

My MCell has been working fine and is online as I type this.  I'm located in the central Texas area.  I assume your MCell shows as registered on the management page, and that you've tried rebooting it.  If those don't get you running, it might be time for a call to support.

Message 2 of 45 (3,806 Views)
ACE - Master

mwarchut wrote:

All is well here in San Jose, CA.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 45 (3,763 Views)
Contributor

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with AT&T this morning.  He finally came clean that there is still a major problem and no estimate as to when it will be fixed.  They added me to an existing ticket they have.   So yes they are still down all over the country.

Message 4 of 45 (3,753 Views)
ACE - Master

mwarchut wrote:

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with AT&T this morning.  He finally came clean that there is still a major problem and no estimate as to when it will be fixed.  They added me to an existing ticket they have.   So yes they are still down all over the country.

Keep in mind, and this is from experience, AT&T support will tell you anything to get you off of the phone. Especially when they really don't know what is going on or how to fix it. However, to be fair, with all of the severe weather that's been happening in the Central and Eastern US, it's just possible that this time they could be telling the truth.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 45 (3,749 Views)
Contributor

Mine is mysteriously down as well.  Was working fine up until 2 days ago.

Message 6 of 45 (3,741 Views)
Contributor

Mine is down too here in Los Angeles. Was working yesterday. Multiple resets and nothing but blinking lights.

Would be nice if they sent out an email acknowledging the problem.

Message 7 of 45 (3,726 Views)
ACE - Master

eShanks wrote:

Mine is down too here in Los Angeles. Was working yesterday. Multiple resets and nothing but blinking lights.

Would be nice if they sent out an email acknowledging the problem.

There are a lot of things that would be nice if AT&T would do it but we all know that's not going to happen.Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 45 (3,692 Views)
Teacher

UPDATE NEEDED - Are microcells still down around the country?

I am writing this on June 22, 2011 - I am trying to set up a new Microcell with no luck -

kind of hard with a full outage.  Are others across the country still down and if so, how

long has it been?

I am not bothering to call AT&T at this point.

Message 9 of 45 (3,613 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: UPDATE NEEDED - Are microcells still down around the country?

smr2112 wrote:

I am writing this on June 22, 2011 - I am trying to set up a new Microcell with no luck -

kind of hard with a full outage.  Are others across the country still down and if so, how

long has it been?

I am not bothering to call AT&T at this point.

By full outage if you mean your MicroCell service then it depends on where you are and if that area is reporting problems. Not all areas across the country are having MicroCell issues (my area for one). Setting up a MicroCell should be an easy task, and it is for some, but for others it has been a monumental pain in the a$$.

Message 10 of 45 (3,597 Views)
Contributor

Have you had a power outage recently?  Every time we do, I have to unplug microcell (router connection, not power) and wait about 10 minutes for it to reboot and then everything is fine.

Message 11 of 45 (2,604 Views)
Tutor

All the lights are solid on mine, have been for days now however my phone isn't connecting to it at all so it is effectively down for me, extremely annoying, i've power cycled it many times. This is in SoCal with an iphone 4.
Message 12 of 45 (2,600 Views)
ACE - Master

bleomycin wrote:
All the lights are solid on mine, have been for days now however my phone isn't connecting to it at all so it is effectively down for me, extremely annoying, i've power cycled it many times. This is in SoCal with an iphone 4.

I like your name. I wonder how many folks know what bleomycin is Smiley Wink Did your iPhone 4 ever work? Seem like most of the iPhone connection problems are with the 4 and not the 3GS. We have 3GSs with no issues here in NoCal.

Message 13 of 45 (2,581 Views)
Contributor

We got ours a week ago, and it's never worked. First support told us our DSL package wasn't fast enough, so we upgraded. LOL.

Then, we were told it must be our router... LOL.

Still, bottom light flashes, with no idea of a fix in sight. I wish someone had a clue.

Columbia, SC area.

Message 14 of 45 (2,577 Views)
Contributor

Microcell has been down in south Florida for the past month. I purchased mine from AT&T store about two weeks before it went down. Worked great, then all of a sudden nothing.  I get 1 bar in my house, which is a real issue as I work from home. With the Mircocell, had full 3G and full service bars.

Tech led me through 15 minutes of troubleshooting, repeating what I had really already done.  Then said he "just got" an email saying that there was a Microcell outage in the south Florida area with no ETA for repair.

Really disappointed in AT&T on this. Makes me wonder why the store have me $50 off the regular $299 price.

Message 15 of 45 (2,549 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.