Are microcells still down around the country?

Contributor

Are microcells still down around the country?

My microcell still just blinks at the bottom light.  I know days ago there were reports all over the US of this happening.  Is this still the case?

Message 1 of 45
Tutor

Re: Are microcells still down around the country?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has tallied up the zipcodes that AT&T 3G MicroCell are down.

Just curious...anyone at 90210 zipcode is lucky enough to have 3G MicroCell working? Perhaps this is more widespread than we know and AT&T is not saying anything.

Message 31 of 45
Tutor

I have been having the same problem for the last few days in the Tampa Bay area. Still down here.

Message 32 of 45
Tutor

Also having the same issue here in Cleveland, OH tally it up. Has any official statement been released from ATT?
Message 33 of 45
Guru

There is never any official statement. In fact, you'll get a different explanation from every AT&T employee you talk to. They can't keep the story straight internally, let alone with customers. It's absolutely inexcusable.
Message 34 of 45
Contributor

Yes, I am in Virginia.  I work in Newport News, but live in Williamsburg.  My micro cell is doing the exact same thing yours is....it's very frustrating because I have basically zero service in my apartment.  I also noticed that even when I do have full 3G service sometimes my internet will not work, It won't update my mail or facebook, i have the iphone4

Let's hope it gets fixed soon!

Message 35 of 45
ACE - Master

Our MicroCell has been working just fine here in the SF Bay Area since March so it's got to be some sort of regional/service area server thing. Nsayer is correct, you won't hear anything official from AT&T because that's just how they roll.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 45
Contributor

It's July 7th and my Microcell is still blinking after being reset locally and remotely. I'm in north Alabama. 

Message 37 of 45
Tutor

No luck with mine still since late June. Took it to my friends who has one up and running 25 miles away and mine still failed to connect on his network after being registered. I know it's the device now. I'll be taking no bull from AT&T that I have the issue. I'll keep all updated.
Message 38 of 45

Re: It's Back Up!!!! Are microcells still down around the country?

Out of the Blue - This morning my MicroCell is up and working.  No, I didn't do anything beyond powering the unit down a few times two weeks ago.  I have not touched anything for two weeks.  Go figure.  Classic AT&T.

Anyone else back up?

Message 39 of 45
Contributor

Re: It's Back Up!!!! Are microcells still down around the country?

can't wait to get home and see if mine is working.  All this time I thought is was just me.  Glad I just found this post.

Message 40 of 45

Re: My MicrocCell has been up for over 24 hours after 2 weeks of being down!!!!

My MicroCell came back up sometime yesterday and is still working as of 10:20 am EDST.

How about you?

Message 41 of 45

Re: My MicrocCell went down [AGAIN] after the earthquake yestetday

I came hoem yesterday, after the earthquake in Mineral, VA, to find my Microell is down again.  It's still down at 8:40 am EDST.  Talk about an unreliable product!

Message 42 of 45
Tutor

Finally got mine replaced by AT&T. Up and running with a new microcell finally.
Message 43 of 45

My MicroCell just came back online.  Go figure!!

Message 44 of 45
Highlighted
Contributor

Mine is still down in Glen Ellyn IL (outside Chicago). hours of phone support before anyone notices that the ATT system is at issue. Get an error message when trying to add a location from their site. same error message for days. A few days ago, tech support had me disconnect in an effort to re-connect. And their website gives error messages when clicking on the "Add a site" link. -- "ERROR THAT SERVICE IS TEMPRORARALLY UNAVAILABLE. WE APPOLOGIZE FOR ..." 

EDIT: Just noticed this thread ios one year old. My issue is now -- 2012.

Message 45 of 45
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support