Are calls to voice mail charged???

Contributor

Are calls to voice mail charged???

I have A-list and other services. When I look at my account on-line it says VM call dialed to my own number, when in fact it actually dialed another number that automatically dials to the voice mail center. My major question is: Are these calls to voicemail billed as minute calls, Mobile-to-Mobile calls, or just free calls? (if they are billed, could I set up my VM number in my A-List and it work???)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (211 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Are calls to voice mail charged???

Calls to voicemail are charged as minute calls. I am sure that they can be added to a-list.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)
Professor

Re: Are calls to voice mail charged???

fabianf wrote:

I have A-list and other services. When I look at my account on-line it says VM call dialed to my own number, when in fact it actually dialed another number that automatically dials to the voice mail center. My major question is: Are these calls to voicemail billed as minute calls, Mobile-to-Mobile calls, or just free calls? (if they are billed, could I set up my VM number in my A-List and it work???)

Thanks!

Hi fabianf, very good question.  I got a family member (not on my plan) and she asked the same question. I told her that , yep, she gets charged when accessing voicemail.  Id like to know your results so maybe can suggest the same to her.

Any follow-up on your inquiry?

Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.