Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

Explorer

Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

I'm trying to upgrade to the 4S through Premier and I see no option for Applecare+.

I used the live chat while checking out and they told me it is under accessories but nothing.

Anyone having the same issue?

I don't want to buy the phone and then find out that Applecare+ can't be applied to it.

 

Thanks in advance.

495 Views
Message 1 of 13
Mentor

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

You can purchase the applecare from apple on their support website.  I had the ATT salesman when I ordered the phone from ATT tell me I had to purchase the applecare at the same time i ordered the phone.  That is not the case.

Message 2 of 13

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order


dsconst321 wrote:

You can purchase the applecare from apple on their support website.  I had the ATT salesman when I ordered the phone from ATT tell me I had to purchase the applecare at the same time i ordered the phone.  That is not the case.


Normal Applecare does not have to be purchased with the phone.  However Applecare+ does.  The Apple store will not allow you to add Applecare+ to your cart unless you already have an iPhone in your cart.

 

That being said, I pre-ordered my iPhone and did not order Applecare+ with it.  When I went in to the AT&T store to have them switch the phone from the number I ordered it on to my number, they offered me Applecare+.  Of course that was release day, so they knew that I had just received the phone.

Message 3 of 13
Professor

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

Apple had a deal where you could buy AppleCare+ after buying the phone, but that expired on 11/14. Now you have to buy it with the phone.
Message 4 of 13
Professor

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

You can still buy it after the fact, but it has to be within 30 days of purchasing the phone, and you have to go to an Apple store to make the purchase. It requires a Genius Bar appointment so they can inspect the phone. You can also call to make the purchase. http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575

Message 5 of 13

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order


Max69 wrote:

You can still buy it after the fact, but it has to be within 30 days of purchasing the phone, and you have to go to an Apple store to make the purchase. It requires a Genius Bar appointment so they can inspect the phone. You can also call to make the purchase. http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575


Good to know about the policy change, thanks!

Message 6 of 13
Explorer

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

I prefer calling Applecare than having to go to the store to have the phone inspected etc..

Now it's a question whether to get it from AT&T Premier or Apple.com

Message 7 of 13

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

If you haven't already purchased the phone then I would order through Apple so you can add AppleCare+. When the phone is delivered your AppleCare is already registered. The AppleCare agreement will come in the mail several days later.
Message 8 of 13

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order


brainwaver wrote:
If you haven't already purchased the phone then I would order through Apple so you can add AppleCare+. When the phone is delivered your AppleCare is already registered. The AppleCare agreement will come in the mail several days later.

You can buy AppleCare+ from AT&T as well. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
Explorer

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

I already ordered it from Premier so I will try to call Apple when it comes.

Message 10 of 13
Explorer

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

I would think so too,but it wasn't available when I was trying to place the order
Message 11 of 13

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order


pikas wrote:
I would think so too,but it wasn't available when I was trying to place the order

I purchased it in store after my phone shipped to me and I went into the store to get the phone switched to my number.  So if you go physically into an AT&T store with the phone the day you receive it they should be able to hook you up.

Message 12 of 13
Master

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

You can take your 4S into an Apple store when you get it along with a receipt they will add add AppleCare Plus for you. This is what a friend of mine did when he got his a week ago.
Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support