Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2011
6:20:04 AM
View profile
Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

I'm trying to upgrade to the 4S through Premier and I see no option for Applecare+.

I used the live chat while checking out and they told me it is under accessories but nothing.

Anyone having the same issue?

I don't want to buy the phone and then find out that Applecare+ can't be applied to it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to upgrade to the 4S through Premier and I see no option for Applecare+.

I used the live chat while checking out and they told me it is under accessories but nothing.

Anyone having the same issue?

I don't want to buy the phone and then find out that Applecare+ can't be applied to it.

Thanks in advance.

Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 8:47:58 AM
(0)
Mentor

You can purchase the applecare from apple on their support website.  I had the ATT salesman when I ordered the phone from ATT tell me I had to purchase the applecare at the same time i ordered the phone.  That is not the case.

You can purchase the applecare from apple on their support website.  I had the ATT salesman when I ordered the phone from ATT tell me I had to purchase the applecare at the same time i ordered the phone.  That is not the case.

Re: Applecare+ and iPhone 4S order

2 of 13 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 8:55:52 AM
(0)
Guru

dsconst321 wrote:

Normal Applecare does not have to be purchased with the phone.  However Applecare+ does.  The Apple store will not allow you to add Applecare+ to your cart unless you already have an iPhone in your cart.

That being said, I pre-ordered my iPhone and did not order Applecare+ with it.  When I went in to the AT&T store to have them switch the phone from the number I ordered it on to my number, they offered me Applecare+.  Of course that was release day, so they knew that I had just received the phone.

dsconst321 wrote:

Normal Applecare does not have to be purchased with the phone.  However Applecare+ does.  The Apple store will not allow you to add Applecare+ to your cart unless you already have an iPhone in your cart.

That being said, I pre-ordered my iPhone and did not order Applecare+ with it.  When I went in to the AT&T store to have them switch the phone from the number I ordered it on to my number, they offered me Applecare+.  Of course that was release day, so they knew that I had just received the phone.

3 of 13 (425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 10:55:59 AM
(0)
Professor
Apple had a deal where you could buy AppleCare+ after buying the phone, but that expired on 11/14. Now you have to buy it with the phone.
Apple had a deal where you could buy AppleCare+ after buying the phone, but that expired on 11/14. Now you have to buy it with the phone.

4 of 13 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 11:49:29 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:53:27 AM

You can still buy it after the fact, but it has to be within 30 days of purchasing the phone, and you have to go to an Apple store to make the purchase. It requires a Genius Bar appointment so they can inspect the phone. You can also call to make the purchase. http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575

You can still buy it after the fact, but it has to be within 30 days of purchasing the phone, and you have to go to an Apple store to make the purchase. It requires a Genius Bar appointment so they can inspect the phone. You can also call to make the purchase. http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575

[ Edited ]
5 of 13 (402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2011 1:22:43 PM
(0)
Guru

Max69 wrote:

Good to know about the policy change, thanks!

Max69 wrote:

Good to know about the policy change, thanks!

6 of 13 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 8:27:49 AM
(0)
Explorer

I prefer calling Applecare than having to go to the store to have the phone inspected etc..

Now it's a question whether to get it from AT&T Premier or Apple.com

I prefer calling Applecare than having to go to the store to have the phone inspected etc..

Now it's a question whether to get it from AT&T Premier or Apple.com

7 of 13 (358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 9:57:05 AM
(0)
Guru
If you haven't already purchased the phone then I would order through Apple so you can add AppleCare+. When the phone is delivered your AppleCare is already registered. The AppleCare agreement will come in the mail several days later.
If you haven't already purchased the phone then I would order through Apple so you can add AppleCare+. When the phone is delivered your AppleCare is already registered. The AppleCare agreement will come in the mail several days later.

8 of 13 (350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 11:24:15 AM
(0)
Guru

brainwaver wrote:

You can buy AppleCare+ from AT&T as well. Smiley Happy

brainwaver wrote:

You can buy AppleCare+ from AT&T as well. Smiley Happy

9 of 13 (346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 12:24:50 PM
(0)
Explorer

I already ordered it from Premier so I will try to call Apple when it comes.

I already ordered it from Premier so I will try to call Apple when it comes.

10 of 13 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 12:25:16 PM
(0)
Explorer
I would think so too,but it wasn't available when I was trying to place the order
I would think so too,but it wasn't available when I was trying to place the order

11 of 13 (277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 1:34:11 PM
(0)
Guru

pikas wrote:

I purchased it in store after my phone shipped to me and I went into the store to get the phone switched to my number.  So if you go physically into an AT&T store with the phone the day you receive it they should be able to hook you up.

pikas wrote:

I purchased it in store after my phone shipped to me and I went into the store to get the phone switched to my number.  So if you go physically into an AT&T store with the phone the day you receive it they should be able to hook you up.

12 of 13 (271 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2011 1:06:08 PM
(0)
Master
You can take your 4S into an Apple store when you get it along with a receipt they will add add AppleCare Plus for you. This is what a friend of mine did when he got his a week ago.
You can take your 4S into an Apple store when you get it along with a receipt they will add add AppleCare Plus for you. This is what a friend of mine did when he got his a week ago.

13 of 13 (255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments