Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2009
4:13:00 AM
AppleCare for the iPhone???
Does anyone have a recommendation on the purchase of the AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPhone?  Is it worth it? 
Does anyone have a recommendation on the purchase of the AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPhone?  Is it worth it? 

AppleCare for the iPhone???

34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 4:35:29 AM
(0)
Professor
it's added protection. It adds another year to your warranty. Also gives you 2 years of phone support instead of 90 days. I have them for both my 3G and 3GS.
it's added protection. It adds another year to your warranty. Also gives you 2 years of phone support instead of 90 days. I have them for both my 3G and 3GS.

Re: AppleCare for the iPhone???

2 of 35 (5,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:21:01 AM
(0)
Master
I think it's worth it for the added year of warranty coverage, but keep in mind what it doesn't cover - loss, theft, or any kind of accidental damage (incl. water damage).
I think it's worth it for the added year of warranty coverage, but keep in mind what it doesn't cover - loss, theft, or any kind of accidental damage (incl. water damage).

3 of 35 (5,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:30:32 AM
(0)
Master

Add it around months 9 or 10 of your contract.  At that point, you will know if you going to try to get the new model or keep your iPhone for a second year.  If you are going to keep it, get the coverage from Amazon. (Usually cheaper)  If you need the phone support, than you will need to purchase the Applecare sooner as you only get 90 days from original purchase.

Battery coverage alone can be worth it.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Add it around months 9 or 10 of your contract.  At that point, you will know if you going to try to get the new model or keep your iPhone for a second year.  If you are going to keep it, get the coverage from Amazon. (Usually cheaper)  If you need the phone support, than you will need to purchase the Applecare sooner as you only get 90 days from original purchase.

Battery coverage alone can be worth it.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 35 (5,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:33:40 AM
(0)
Professor
Amazon, huh? How much do they charge for the coverage?
Amazon, huh? How much do they charge for the coverage?

5 of 35 (5,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 7:35:56 AM
(0)
Master
A quick and easy search conducted within the last 30 seconds shows a price of $49.51 with free shipping.  Retail $59.99.

A quick and easy search conducted within the last 30 seconds shows a price of $49.51 with free shipping.  Retail $59.99.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 35 (5,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 8:14:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

youngjm wrote:

That one looks to be for an ipod. Will it work for the iphone?

http://www.amazon.com/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-touch-classic/dp/B000JXXDUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=ele...

youngjm wrote:

That one looks to be for an ipod. Will it work for the iphone?

http://www.amazon.com/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-touch-classic/dp/B000JXXDUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246893122&sr=8-1

7 of 35 (5,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 8:20:00 AM
(0)
Teacher

You can get this on ebay for around 45 with free shipping.

Also look at squaretrade.com

You can get this on ebay for around 45 with free shipping.

Also look at squaretrade.com

8 of 35 (5,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2009 8:20:17 AM
(0)
Mentor

My wife and I both purchased AppleCare for our iPhone 3Gs on day one.  Since we plan on keeping the phone as long (if not longer) than the 2yr contract, it makes sense to have hardware coverage.

It's no more expensive or cheaper than the plans offered by AT&T or VZW for hardware coverage (~$4.00/mo) but has the added benefit of advanced exchange at no charge....

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/

My wife and I both purchased AppleCare for our iPhone 3Gs on day one.  Since we plan on keeping the phone as long (if not longer) than the 2yr contract, it makes sense to have hardware coverage.

It's no more expensive or cheaper than the plans offered by AT&T or VZW for hardware coverage (~$4.00/mo) but has the added benefit of advanced exchange at no charge....

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

9 of 35 (5,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2009 4:28:09 AM
(0)
Mentor
has anyone bought the AppleCare off eBay?  the eBay buyer feedback looks solid but it'd be nice to hear firsthand experience.  thanks!
has anyone bought the AppleCare off eBay?  the eBay buyer feedback looks solid but it'd be nice to hear firsthand experience.  thanks!

10 of 35 (5,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2009 4:41:57 AM
(0)
Professor
Personally never buy Giftcards, or Applecare from Ebay. I'd rather buy from source when it comes to those. At times you are fueling someone that has stolen those things. One of the new scams is to use someone elses credit card purchase them and then sell them on ebay.
Personally never buy Giftcards, or Applecare from Ebay. I'd rather buy from source when it comes to those. At times you are fueling someone that has stolen those things. One of the new scams is to use someone elses credit card purchase them and then sell them on ebay.

11 of 35 (2,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2009 5:50:59 AM
(0)
Professor
Good points. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably eschew the few dollars savngs and opt for peace of mind.
Good points. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably eschew the few dollars savngs and opt for peace of mind.

12 of 35 (2,882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 7:43:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

Buy from a authorized reseller. Language in the applecare agreement can cause the the void the warranty if you cannot product a receipt from an authorized reseller, serial number and activation code

Also consider squaretrade.com

Buy from a authorized reseller. Language in the applecare agreement can cause the the void the warranty if you cannot product a receipt from an authorized reseller, serial number and activation code

Also consider squaretrade.com

13 of 35 (2,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 9:34:31 AM
(0)
Scholar
Best bet in this order.
through Apple or at an Apple store -if you have one close to you.
AT&T Corp. location.
Best Buy
WalMart
Authorized Apple reseller
Best bet in this order.
through Apple or at an Apple store -if you have one close to you.
AT&T Corp. location.
Best Buy
WalMart
Authorized Apple reseller

14 of 35 (2,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 10:06:53 AM
(0)
Scholar
The local AT&T corporate store has a special where they throw in a car charger if you buy Applecare from them. It is a nice charger with an extra USB port where you can plug in a second device..
The local AT&T corporate store has a special where they throw in a car charger if you buy Applecare from them. It is a nice charger with an extra USB port where you can plug in a second device..

15 of 35 (2,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 11:49:17 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by josephz2va on Jul 11, 2009 at 11:50:12 AM

I wouldn't buy the Applecare for an extended year if you plan on doing two things:

* Buying the next iPhone 3G product (4G network if it exists in the next few years and Apple joins in)

* Moving off the iPhone to a different phone product if it entices you more (like Windows Mobile if they get their acts together).

Message Edited by josephz2va on 07-11-2009 02:50:12 PM

I wouldn't buy the Applecare for an extended year if you plan on doing two things:

* Buying the next iPhone 3G product (4G network if it exists in the next few years and Apple joins in)

* Moving off the iPhone to a different phone product if it entices you more (like Windows Mobile if they get their acts together).

Message Edited by josephz2va on 07-11-2009 02:50:12 PM

[ Edited ]
16 of 35 (2,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 5:58:15 PM
(0)
Mentor
Applecare is huge waste of money imho. It gives you a year extra coverage of manufacturer defect...nothing for accidental damage. Stats show out of all the smart phones, the iphone has the LEAST amount of manufacturing defects. However, it is the HIGHEST for accidental damage claims. I paid $96 for a square trade warranty that covers both manufacturer's defects and accidental damage ($50 deductable) for 2 years. Yes, it is a 5 day turn around for repairs but I talked an ATT guy at the ATT store and they said I could just swap my SIM card into a temp phone while I get it fixed.
Applecare is huge waste of money imho. It gives you a year extra coverage of manufacturer defect...nothing for accidental damage. Stats show out of all the smart phones, the iphone has the LEAST amount of manufacturing defects. However, it is the HIGHEST for accidental damage claims. I paid $96 for a square trade warranty that covers both manufacturer's defects and accidental damage ($50 deductable) for 2 years. Yes, it is a 5 day turn around for repairs but I talked an ATT guy at the ATT store and they said I could just swap my SIM card into a temp phone while I get it fixed.

17 of 35 (2,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 6:51:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

smakdown61 wrote:
I paid $96 for a square trade warranty that covers both manufacturer's defects and accidental damage ($50 deductable) for 2 years. Yes, it is a 5 day turn around for repairs but I talked an ATT guy at the ATT store and they said I could just swap my SIM card into a temp phone while I get it fixed.

Who is that warranty through? I may opt for that when I finally get my iPhone

smakdown61 wrote:
I paid $96 for a square trade warranty that covers both manufacturer's defects and accidental damage ($50 deductable) for 2 years. Yes, it is a 5 day turn around for repairs but I talked an ATT guy at the ATT store and they said I could just swap my SIM card into a temp phone while I get it fixed.

Who is that warranty through? I may opt for that when I finally get my iPhone

18 of 35 (2,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2009 6:54:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
I bought AppleCare because it covers battery replacement. AppleCare= $69. Battery replacement = $79 + s&h. Seemed like a no-brainer as I've never had a cell phone battery that lasted even one year. But this one is still good after more than 18 months.

There is the unlimited telephone support from Apple. Other components can fail during two years, so I still think it made sense to get this coverage. If my phone doesn't have any defects, I still have gotten plenty of help over the phone.

I bought AppleCare because it covers battery replacement. AppleCare= $69. Battery replacement = $79 + s&h. Seemed like a no-brainer as I've never had a cell phone battery that lasted even one year. But this one is still good after more than 18 months.

There is the unlimited telephone support from Apple. Other components can fail during two years, so I still think it made sense to get this coverage. If my phone doesn't have any defects, I still have gotten plenty of help over the phone.

19 of 35 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 6:05:22 AM
(0)
Mentor
It's through squaretrade. They have an A+ under the BBB. It also covers the battery as well.
It's through squaretrade. They have an A+ under the BBB. It also covers the battery as well.

20 of 35 (2,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 7:55:01 AM
(0)
Guru

Myrtlemaye wrote:

Apple is notorious for having huge battery problems so I opted for the Applecare as well.  I figure it will pay for itself.  The silence switch broke off my iphone, I walked into an Apple store and walked out with a new iphone in less then 10 minutes. They just swapped out the phone.  That beats waiting for 5 days. 5 days is a long time without my iphone!  I bought the otterbox defender to help prevent other types of damage such as dropping it and I am very careful where I put my phone.  After nearly 20 years of having cell phones, I have NEVER lost/misplaced/dropped my phone, except in my house.

Myrtlemaye wrote:

Apple is notorious for having huge battery problems so I opted for the Applecare as well.  I figure it will pay for itself.  The silence switch broke off my iphone, I walked into an Apple store and walked out with a new iphone in less then 10 minutes. They just swapped out the phone.  That beats waiting for 5 days. 5 days is a long time without my iphone!  I bought the otterbox defender to help prevent other types of damage such as dropping it and I am very careful where I put my phone.  After nearly 20 years of having cell phones, I have NEVER lost/misplaced/dropped my phone, except in my house.

21 of 35 (2,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 7:58:53 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Facci on Jul 12, 2009 at 7:59:51 AM

smakdown61 wrote:

So you basically have to pay $100 initially and then $50 for each instance.  So, when the silence switch broke off my phone, I would have to send in my iphone, pay $50 and wait 5 days when I can go into the Apple store, pay nothing and walk out in 10 minutes with a new one. Talk about a huge waste of money.  But to each their own.

Message Edited by Facci on 07-12-2009 09:59:51 AM

smakdown61 wrote:

So you basically have to pay $100 initially and then $50 for each instance.  So, when the silence switch broke off my phone, I would have to send in my iphone, pay $50 and wait 5 days when I can go into the Apple store, pay nothing and walk out in 10 minutes with a new one. Talk about a huge waste of money.  But to each their own.

Message Edited by Facci on 07-12-2009 09:59:51 AM

[ Edited ]
22 of 35 (2,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 8:46:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
Your problem was a manufacturing defect covered under apple's warranty.Try doing that after the initial one year warranty is up and see what happens. Or try walking in there with a cracked screen and see what they say. Last time I checked people were reporting Apple charging $250 to replace the screen.
Your problem was a manufacturing defect covered under apple's warranty.Try doing that after the initial one year warranty is up and see what happens. Or try walking in there with a cracked screen and see what they say. Last time I checked people were reporting Apple charging $250 to replace the screen.

23 of 35 (2,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 9:01:25 AM
(0)
Guru

smakdown61 wrote:

That's why I purchased the Applecare which covers me for 2 years of manufactures defects.  I don't need to walk in there with a cracked screen because I use very good care with my possessions including my iphone.  I have had PDA/smartphones for the last 8-10 years and have NEVER damaged my screen much less the rest of the phone.  Actually, I take such good care of my phones that after a year or 2 I usually end up selling it on Ebay and making most of my money back and sometimes making more than I paid for it.  I have had my iphone now since August '08 and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. When I'm out I always keep a case on it.  If you want to use Squaretrade, good for you but you say that Applecare is a waste of money and I say Squaretrade is a waste of money.  That's my opinion.

smakdown61 wrote:

That's why I purchased the Applecare which covers me for 2 years of manufactures defects.  I don't need to walk in there with a cracked screen because I use very good care with my possessions including my iphone.  I have had PDA/smartphones for the last 8-10 years and have NEVER damaged my screen much less the rest of the phone.  Actually, I take such good care of my phones that after a year or 2 I usually end up selling it on Ebay and making most of my money back and sometimes making more than I paid for it.  I have had my iphone now since August '08 and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. When I'm out I always keep a case on it.  If you want to use Squaretrade, good for you but you say that Applecare is a waste of money and I say Squaretrade is a waste of money.  That's my opinion.

24 of 35 (2,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 9:47:55 AM
(0)
Mentor
Except my opinion is based on statistical data. Not to mention the squaretrade warranty also covers all of the same manufacturing defects for that 2nd year as well as accidental for only $30 more. I guess it depends on the general use. I take extreme good of my equipment as well, but I have extra risk involved since I use the phone for business on job sites. I had a moto Q that received a broken screen from a piece of falling equipment when I was on site a few years ago. I also take it to the lake and use it as a marine navigator. So yeah, for people that keep it locked up all the time or sit at a desk all day squaretrade is worthless, but for someone like me that literally takes it EVERYWHERE where there is high risk involved for accidents, its more than worth it.
Except my opinion is based on statistical data. Not to mention the squaretrade warranty also covers all of the same manufacturing defects for that 2nd year as well as accidental for only $30 more. I guess it depends on the general use. I take extreme good of my equipment as well, but I have extra risk involved since I use the phone for business on job sites. I had a moto Q that received a broken screen from a piece of falling equipment when I was on site a few years ago. I also take it to the lake and use it as a marine navigator. So yeah, for people that keep it locked up all the time or sit at a desk all day squaretrade is worthless, but for someone like me that literally takes it EVERYWHERE where there is high risk involved for accidents, its more than worth it.

25 of 35 (2,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 10:29:16 AM
(0)
Guru

smakdown61 wrote:

First off, stats mean nothing, I am not a stat. Maybe those people have an iphone issued by their employer, which most people don't care about their employers property. Like I have a phone issued by my department and it gets beat up and scratched, I don't care that much.  Please post a link to these stats that you speak of. Secondly, I take my iphone EVERYWHERE with me as well. I am an officer and am in and out of the car many times a day, 12 hours a day, no matter what I'm doing, rain or shine my phone is with me. So I am not just sitting at a desk.

So you have to pay ANOTHER $30 to cover the 2nd year that the Applecare includes plus the $50 deductible.  Like I said, over the last 8-10 years of owning high end, expensive phones, I have NEVER had to have a phone repaired or replaced due to damage.  Some of these phones I've paid anywhere up to $500-$600 and have never become one of your statistics and have never purchased any kind of insurance on any of these phones.  This was the first time buying any type of insurance/extended warranty and only did that because of the bad reputation Apple has for their batteries.

smakdown61 wrote:

First off, stats mean nothing, I am not a stat. Maybe those people have an iphone issued by their employer, which most people don't care about their employers property. Like I have a phone issued by my department and it gets beat up and scratched, I don't care that much.  Please post a link to these stats that you speak of. Secondly, I take my iphone EVERYWHERE with me as well. I am an officer and am in and out of the car many times a day, 12 hours a day, no matter what I'm doing, rain or shine my phone is with me. So I am not just sitting at a desk.

So you have to pay ANOTHER $30 to cover the 2nd year that the Applecare includes plus the $50 deductible.  Like I said, over the last 8-10 years of owning high end, expensive phones, I have NEVER had to have a phone repaired or replaced due to damage.  Some of these phones I've paid anywhere up to $500-$600 and have never become one of your statistics and have never purchased any kind of insurance on any of these phones.  This was the first time buying any type of insurance/extended warranty and only did that because of the bad reputation Apple has for their batteries.

26 of 35 (2,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 10:40:17 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by smakdown61 on Jul 12, 2009 at 10:47:11 AM

So for those 8-10 did you ever own a phone where the front was a glass 4 in. x 2 in. touchscreen? Glass cracks much easier than plastic fyi.

So if I used your theory I guess I should cancel my car insurance because I've never gotten into an accident and I'm a very defensive driver....nevermind the other drivers on the road or ACCIDENTS that can happen that I have no control over. Same should go for my homeowners insurance too right?

Message Edited by smakdown61 on 07-12-2009 10:46:45 AM
Message Edited by smakdown61 on 07-12-2009 10:47:11 AM

So for those 8-10 did you ever own a phone where the front was a glass 4 in. x 2 in. touchscreen? Glass cracks much easier than plastic fyi.

So if I used your theory I guess I should cancel my car insurance because I've never gotten into an accident and I'm a very defensive driver....nevermind the other drivers on the road or ACCIDENTS that can happen that I have no control over. Same should go for my homeowners insurance too right?

Message Edited by smakdown61 on 07-12-2009 10:46:45 AM
Message Edited by smakdown61 on 07-12-2009 10:47:11 AM

[ Edited ]
27 of 35 (2,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 10:48:37 AM
(0)
Guru
All mine that I can remember have been touchscreens and I'm sure at least 1 was glass. Did you know that plastic scratches easier than glass and also wears a lot faster too?

Please provide a link to these statistics that you spoke of. I can't find them.
All mine that I can remember have been touchscreens and I'm sure at least 1 was glass. Did you know that plastic scratches easier than glass and also wears a lot faster too?

Please provide a link to these statistics that you spoke of. I can't find them.

28 of 35 (2,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 1:42:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
Obviously, extended warranties are profit centers. Apple wouldn't offer this program if the stats weren't in their favor, and neither would Squaretrade or any other company. None of them are in business for altruistic reasons.

Squaretrade's site is interesting and it might be something I would want to look into for other things, but when it comes to Apple products, I think I will stick with Apple for warranty. Third party warrantors have a reputation for finding a way not to cover whatever the problem might be, as well as just disappearing. Apple's Geniuses and store managers have discretion and usually come down in favor of the customer if there's a question. There have been several instances of Apple replacing out-of-warranty parts because a problem didn't show up right away.

There's been a lot of talk about loyalty on this board. Apple has treated me well over the years. They have earned my loyalty. If I have a choice of paying a few dollars more to buy from Apple or getting a better price from someone else, I'd just as soon give my business to the company that has shown they really care about repeat business.

If I could buy insurance against breakage, theft or loss for a reasonable amount, I might. I have certainly dropped my iPhone on the sidewalk and other hard surfaces enough times. It has gotten rained on a few times, and had water spilled on it. I also once dropped it at night on a downtown sidewalk without realizing it. It was not only undamaged, but the person who found it tracked me down to return it. (Somebody is watching out for me.)

I wish the headset and charging cable were covered for ordinary wear-and-tear under the warranty. I have replaced those several times at my own expense.

Obviously, extended warranties are profit centers. Apple wouldn't offer this program if the stats weren't in their favor, and neither would Squaretrade or any other company. None of them are in business for altruistic reasons.

Squaretrade's site is interesting and it might be something I would want to look into for other things, but when it comes to Apple products, I think I will stick with Apple for warranty. Third party warrantors have a reputation for finding a way not to cover whatever the problem might be, as well as just disappearing. Apple's Geniuses and store managers have discretion and usually come down in favor of the customer if there's a question. There have been several instances of Apple replacing out-of-warranty parts because a problem didn't show up right away.

There's been a lot of talk about loyalty on this board. Apple has treated me well over the years. They have earned my loyalty. If I have a choice of paying a few dollars more to buy from Apple or getting a better price from someone else, I'd just as soon give my business to the company that has shown they really care about repeat business.

If I could buy insurance against breakage, theft or loss for a reasonable amount, I might. I have certainly dropped my iPhone on the sidewalk and other hard surfaces enough times. It has gotten rained on a few times, and had water spilled on it. I also once dropped it at night on a downtown sidewalk without realizing it. It was not only undamaged, but the person who found it tracked me down to return it. (Somebody is watching out for me.)

I wish the headset and charging cable were covered for ordinary wear-and-tear under the warranty. I have replaced those several times at my own expense.

29 of 35 (2,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2009 3:21:47 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Helmsman on Jul 12, 2009 at 5:09:38 PM
I think $96 + $50 deductable for accidental claims is a great deal. I've researching every other place to get accidental insurance including homeowners and the lowest deductable I found was $250. Squaretrade has an extremely good reputation with the iPhone and other products. Obviously, I would prefer to get something through apple but they don't offer accidental which is where most of the issues happen. I'm sure the apple store will be reasonable to small things like physical button going bad etc... but I can guarantee if you walk in there with a cracked screen you will be <masked vulgarity> (confirmed this with someone I know who works at an apple store). Lile I said before, you be as OCD careful with it (Monk style) but there are events that you have no control over, much like driving a car or owning a home. Its called protecting your investment.
Message Edited by Helmsman on 07-12-2009 05:09:38 PM
I think $96 + $50 deductable for accidental claims is a great deal. I've researching every other place to get accidental insurance including homeowners and the lowest deductable I found was $250. Squaretrade has an extremely good reputation with the iPhone and other products. Obviously, I would prefer to get something through apple but they don't offer accidental which is where most of the issues happen. I'm sure the apple store will be reasonable to small things like physical button going bad etc... but I can guarantee if you walk in there with a cracked screen you will be <masked vulgarity> (confirmed this with someone I know who works at an apple store). Lile I said before, you be as OCD careful with it (Monk style) but there are events that you have no control over, much like driving a car or owning a home. Its called protecting your investment.
Message Edited by Helmsman on 07-12-2009 05:09:38 PM

[ Edited ]
30 of 35 (2,277 Views)