Apple to hold Special iPhone 4 Press Conference on Friday

Teacher

Apple to hold Special iPhone 4 Press Conference on Friday

»

Apple to hold special iPhone 4 press conference on Friday

By Jim DalrympleJuly 14, 2010, 5:04 pm PT

Apple on Wednesday invited select press to a special press conference to be held this Friday in California.

Apple would only say that the press conference would be regarding the iPhone 4. No other information was available when I spoke with them tonight.

Of course, the iPhone 4 has been accused of having poor reception by many users that got the device in the last couple of weeks.

I hope they decide to do the right thing regarding the antenna issue ~ free bumpers???

Message 1 of 60 (2,321 Views)
Mentor

Re: iphone 4 pre order still "in progress"!!!!

Is anyone getting any updates on this news conference? i cant seem to find anything.

Message 46 of 60 (923 Views)
Mentor

mbones2 wrote:

Is anyone getting any updates on this news conference? i cant seem to find anything.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/live-from-apples-iphone-4-press-conference/?sort=newest&refresh=6...

Message 47 of 60 (926 Views)
Tutor

Not really....Jobs is just talking about the antenna issue and how ALL smartphones seem to have that same issue....according to him they spent about 22 days looking into it....so it seems that while they were 'looking' into it, they stopped sending phones which is the probable reason of why the 'BO' status on most of our orders...smh....

Message 48 of 60 (919 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Free bumpers or case for all from Jobs speaking at the conference..

Message 51 of 60 (876 Views)
Tutor

Has anyone heared anything about the press conference??

Message 49 of 60 (915 Views)
Tutor

Message 50 of 60 (1,003 Views)

will bumpers really fix the problem ?

Message 52 of 60 (963 Views)
Scholar

According to Jobs, they will reevaluate in September after most people have a bumper or case.  He said that 0.55% of the 3 million iPhone 4 users have called AppleCare about the antenna issue.  But they want to make ALL their customers happy.

Message 53 of 60 (945 Views)
Tutor

According to Consumer Reports' studies, the bumper did fix the problem.  Which is why Apple is giving out free bumpers....

Message 54 of 60 (935 Views)
Tutor

HAHAHAHA when asked if after Sept. 30th customers are going to have to buy a case, Steve Jobs said that he doesn't know....maybe they will reevaluate....."maybe we will have a better idea or Eminem will come out with a band-aid for the corner and everyone will want that"....lmao....this guy has a sense of humor....

Message 55 of 60 (915 Views)
ACE - Professor

freshprince0914 wrote:

will bumpers really fix the problem ?

Yes. Just like everyone as said, even CR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 56 of 60 (911 Views)
Guru

Juninho wrote:

HAHAHAHA when asked if after Sept. 30th customers are going to have to buy a case, Steve Jobs said that he doesn't know....maybe they will reevaluate....."maybe we will have a better idea or Eminem will come out with a band-aid for the corner and everyone will want that"....lmao....this guy has a sense of humor....

Sounds like phones released after that date might have some kind of internal fix in place that may preclude the need for a bumper...that, or perhaps if by that date people are still complaining that the bumper didn't fix the issue for them, then Apple will reevaluate the need to give out free bumpers to (new) iPhone 4 customers from that point on.

Message 57 of 60 (894 Views)
Professor

Only 0.55% reported to AppleCare on the reception issue?

Guess Jobs doesn't want to include the Apple's board forum percentage.

Anyone want to take a guess on the percentage there? I'm saying 5.55% total.

Message 58 of 60 (881 Views)
Expert

josephz2va wrote:

would be willing to bet that the 5.00 percent you are including are repeat posts where as the number reported by apple is based on a single user per report

Message 59 of 60 (836 Views)
Highlighted

wingrider01 wrote:

josephz2va wrote:

would be willing to bet that the 5.00 percent you are including are repeat posts where as the number reported by apple is based on a single user per report

And remember, most people come to boards because of a problem, not usually because they want to say great job pple or at&t.  I came here originally about a battery issue on my 3G ....

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.
Message 60 of 60 (798 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.