Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Mentor

Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Found this on Foxnews this morning.  Interesting read.  Better late than never I guess.  I hope AT&T has their act together to handle this release unlike the Iphone 4 where everyone had some sort of horror story

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/21/apple-set-to-unveil-iphone-5-on-oct-4-sources-say/?test=fa...

Message 1 of 23 (756 Views)
Professor

Re: Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Yawn, another rumor story. There have been so many posts on the supposed date that I don't even pay attention any more. I do believe that the next iPhone will be announced soon, but guessing the exact date has little value. It will be announced when it's officially announced and that's that.
Message 2 of 23 (741 Views)
Master

Exactly, this is only a "rumor". However, I do think we are getting closer to seeing an announcement by Apple about the upcoming iPhone/s.
Message 3 of 23 (733 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

What horror stories?  My iPhone 4 was delivered one day early than stated by Apple!  If there were lines and servers crashing, it was all over the place!  What a buzz for Apple to continue to build interest.

Leason learned a long time ago with the iPhone: Allways order or pick up through Apple!  They will always have inventory before anyone else!!!!!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 23 (731 Views)
Master

youngjm wrote:

What horror stories?  My iPhone 4 was delivered one day early than stated by Apple!  If there were lines and servers crashing, it was all over the place!  What a buzz for Apple to continue to build interest.

Leason learned a long time ago with the iPhone: Allways order or pick up through Apple!  They will always have inventory before anyone else!!!!!

I ordered mine through AT&T and had it within 7 days.
Message 5 of 23 (725 Views)
Scholar

there are so many rumors out there that I will believe that iphone 5 exists when it's announced. I know that I have been due for an upgrade since July and I am anxiously waiting for the new phone to come out.  I think that my iphone 3g wants to retire...or at least the battery does!

Message 6 of 23 (687 Views)
Professor

I pre-ordered my 4 thru ATT Premier and got it the day before the official release date too. No horror story for me either, although I wasn't one of those that checked their order status every hour and worried about decoding what every little change meant.
Message 7 of 23 (684 Views)
Professor

dwill05 wrote:
I pre-ordered my 4 thru ATT Premier and got it the day before the official release date too. No horror story for me either, although I wasn't one of those that checked their order status every hour and worried about decoding what every little change meant.

What? You missed out on all the fun and increased blood pressure! Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 23 (617 Views)
Professor

i was on the waiting list from apple store to get a iphone 4. it took about 10 days,i got the email went  to the apple store gave them my info walked out  15 minutes later with iphone4.

can't wait  for the 5. i have the money on a CC or cash to pay for a preorder. 

Message 9 of 23 (604 Views)
Professor

21stNow wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

What? You missed out on all the fun and increased blood pressure! Smiley Tongue

But I had great entertainment watching all the postings on this forum!  LOL

Message 10 of 23 (602 Views)
Professor

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/21/7881645-al-gore-new-iphones-coming-out-next-month

If Al Gore says it, it must be true.  After all, he invented the Internet and all.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 23 (407 Views)
Mentor

I am due for a full upgrade 3/14/2012...I'm hoping they bump up 6 months.  If I remember correctly, didn't they make everyone who was due in 2010 (even if it was December 31 2010) eligible in June of 2010 for the Iphone 4??  I'm hoping that is was leaning towards the "6th month" bump instead of a calendar year bump.  

How do you guys think they will handle upgrade bumps?

Message 12 of 23 (401 Views)
Professor

I'm thinking that they will just do the bump for those eligible in 2011.   But these are just my thoughts...

Message 13 of 23 (376 Views)
Master

Upgrades were pumped in previous years, so it is suspected that AT&T will do the same with the release of this years iPhone. Only AT&T knows for sure, though.
Message 14 of 23 (367 Views)
Mentor

Thats what I originally thought too (just 2011) but won't this be the first fall Iphone release?  Hopefully we will find out soon!  

Message 15 of 23 (339 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support