Helpful Links

Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Mentor

Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Found this on Foxnews this morning.  Interesting read.  Better late than never I guess.  I hope AT&T has their act together to handle this release unlike the Iphone 4 where everyone had some sort of horror story

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/21/apple-set-to-unveil-iphone-5-on-oct-4-sources-say/?test=fa...

Message 1 of 23
Master

Re: Apple set to announce the release of the Iphone 5 on Oct 5

Latest rumor. 1 iPhone the 4s. This is based on a picture of the otterbox commuter series packaging.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 16 of 23
Master

youngjm wrote:
Latest rumor. 1 iPhone the 4s. This is based on a picture of the otterbox commuter series packaging.
I'm tired of all these rumors. I just want the announcement from Apple. Where is the case here? All I see is the box....
Message 17 of 23
Master

dwill05 wrote:

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/21/7881645-al-gore-new-iphones-coming-out-next-month

If Al Gore says it, it must be true.  After all, he invented the Internet and all.  Smiley Wink

I was reading this earlier today, I LOL.....
Message 18 of 23
Master

I'll be getting anxious here. These big-ticket phone releases are always the best. But the Apple board here is always flooded with complaints about pre-orders, shipping, messed up orders, the system crashing, and all of that other good stuff in between.

How do you guys and gals feel about the name of the new iPhone? Which do you like better - the "iPhone 5", or "iPhone 4S"?

I personally prefer the name "iPhone 5" as opposed to the "4S", but it's totally Apple's decision on what they want to name their new gem. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 19 of 23
Professor

I guess it depends what the next phone looks like. If it looks basically the same as the 4, with just a better camera and processor, I think it ought to be the 4S, like the 3GS was to the 3G. If it's a new external design, they should probably go with the 5.
Message 20 of 23
Master

Not enough new to warrant th 5.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 23
Professor

I say keep it simple in the numbering scheme.  This will be the 5th iteration of the iPhone, so it should be the iPhone 5.  People get confused when referring to the 2nd iPhone as the iPhone 3G.  However, the iPhone 4 being the fourth "generation" led people to refer to it as the iPhone 4G for a long time.  Oh well, it may be confusing either way.

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:
I'll be getting anxious here. These big-ticket phone releases are always the best. But the Apple board here is always flooded with complaints about pre-orders, shipping, messed up orders, the system crashing, and all of that other good stuff in between.

How do you guys and gals feel about the name of the new iPhone? Which do you like better - the "iPhone 5", or "iPhone 4S"?

I personally prefer the name "iPhone 5" as opposed to the "4S", but it's totally Apple's decision on what they want to name their new gem. Smiley Wink

I don't feel anything at all about the name. From what I hear themenw iPhone will be called the 4S, the S meaning speed. This one will be nothing more than a spec bump. It will look the same as the iPhone 4 does now. Rumor has it that the the iPhone 5 won't be out till 2012 and that one will be the real update, with a larger screen and iOS overhaul... Time will tell whether this is true or not.

Message 23 of 23
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support