Apple delays white iPhone until next spring:

Master

Apple delays white iPhone until next spring:

Reuters) - Apple Inc said on Tuesday that it would delay release of its eagerly anticipated white iPhone again, this time until next spring.

The latest version of the popular handset, the iPhone 4, was released in June, but the white model was delayed first to July, then to the end of the year and now to early next year.

"We're sorry to disappoint customers waiting for the white iPhone again," Apple spokeswoman Trudy Muller. She declined to explain the delay.

Apple has never said exactly why the white iPhone has been so troublesome to produce. The company has only said the white model was "more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected."

Rumors about the white iPhone have been on Apple-focused blogs for months, with explanations ranging from color-matching problems to an issue with the device's backlight.

Color aside, Apple is not having any trouble selling its smartphone. The iPhone, which is available in black, has fueled Apple's growth over the past few years.

More on this can be found here.

Message 1 of 12 (1,824 Views)
Professor

Re: Apple delays white iPhone until next spring:

If people have to wait for spring, they might as well wait for iPhone 5, which will probably be out just a few months later.

Can't figure out why they can't manage to make a white phone for like 9 months, though.  How hard is it?

Message 2 of 12 (1,814 Views)
Professor

It's not even white, it's off white.  Some pics even make it appear tan.

What's the point anyways.

White electronics end up dirty anyways and look nasty after a few months.  The only way to keep them white is to put them in a case, which defeats the purpose of giving a crap what color the device is.

Message 3 of 12 (1,759 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

They might as well not bother making the white i4 if they're gonna make everyone wait until March, April, May or later. The annual iPhone model announcement is in late June which would be version 5, which would be a similar design of the iPhone 4 more than likely but hopefully some changes in the design like the antenna flaw correction.

Message 4 of 12 (1,643 Views)
Professor

I'm starting to think the white iPhone 4 is just a myth, Apple just mentions it every once in a while to rile up the people waiting. You might as well get some kind of a skin.

Forget the white people, besides its already been discussed they get dirty easy.

Message 5 of 12 (1,572 Views)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

If people have to wait for spring, they might as well wait for iPhone 5, which will probably be out just a few months later.

Then those same folks will want to wait for the white iPhone 5 . . .

Message 6 of 12 (1,537 Views)
Scholar

UNSC_REACH wrote:

Forget the white people, besides its already been discussed they get dirty easy.

I couldn't keep myself from chuckling when I read this part...  Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 12 (1,496 Views)
Contributor

OH, bad news for white iphone fans! Especially the one who are waiting for  it! What's up with Apple's white iPhone???
Well, White is a traditional color for Apple products, and the white one is really cool and lovely, but I think the black also tempting too, even looks a little mystical, so I got it. It is fantastic too...
The iP4's picture definition ...I'm speachless....personally I really like the grouping of apps much tidier than before and the camera zoom. And as the iPhone 4 high-definition video clips, watch video on IPhone 4 are so cool and amazing! and I have download the iPhone 4 Video Converter from iFunia, Im suck in enjoying my favourite movies on the go!

hmm, maybe I will also get the white one then this one give to my sister!

Message 8 of 12 (1,470 Views)
Scholar

Yes I have heard about this, also there might be a slight chance of cancelling the white models. but all we know is that they delayed it to Spring 2011. AT this point in time, you might as well just get the black iphone 4 and no point in waiting because by the time Spring 2011 comes around and if they plan on releasing the white models by then, you are only 3 month away from the next generation release, so if that is the case then don't get the white model but wait for the 5th generation. It's definitely worth doing.

Message 9 of 12 (1,430 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now the white iPhone 4 remors fly everywhere long time, hope this will be true...
As I just read the news that an iPad 2 will be released in Jan: Rumor: Apple To Release ‘Mini' iPad in Early 2011
If the white iPhone 4 launch in spring 2011, then must be cool too, but is the rumors read that it will be an iPhone 5?

Message 10 of 12 (972 Views)
Master

I like having a white iphone. But if I were eligible for the iphone 4.. I would'nt have waited just to get a white one. And this late in the game, I'd wait to get the 5th one. I'm curious how sales will do with the release of iphone 4 in white. Since it will be so close to the next iphone launch. Will people scurry out and get it in white? Or will they want the latest and greatest?  Plus, you would want the lastest and greatest to get the most out of the apple software updates.  Each time a new phone comes out one of the older models loses a bit in the updates. So when eligible get the latest, so that you can survive the two years with up to date software

Message 11 of 12 (320 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

there are other sources out there that can turn your phone white. But of course this will void warranty but if you really want the white iphone, do some research, look on youtube, and you can transform your black iphone to white iphone.

Message 12 of 12 (278 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.