Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 12, 2011
3:05:54 PM
View profile
Apple care- worth it??

I had Apple Care on my current two 3Gs but havent used it and it runs out in November. It cost $200 for it and from what i am seeing, it doesn't cover much really. I had Apple Care on my Macbook pro and when i went to get it fixed, they said my warranty was voided because of cosmetic scratches!! Thankfully, the issue was one they had to fix due to a recall. But again, i paid an extra few hundred bucks for nothing. 

If there is a hardware malfunction, then its covered? But, surely if their hardware screws up, they should have to fix it regardless if i pay for another 2 plans?  If i'm in a car wreck or a tornado and it's busted up, i'm out of luck?? lol. My bank says i will be covered under renter's insurance for incidents covered by them like flooding, tornado's etc. Just not hardware malfunctions. 

So, i guess my question is -  Is it worth the extra $200 for the Apple care?

I had Apple Care on my current two 3Gs but havent used it and it runs out in November. It cost $200 for it and from what i am seeing, it doesn't cover much really. I had Apple Care on my Macbook pro and when i went to get it fixed, they said my warranty was voided because of cosmetic scratches!! Thankfully, the issue was one they had to fix due to a recall. But again, i paid an extra few hundred bucks for nothing. 

If there is a hardware malfunction, then its covered? But, surely if their hardware screws up, they should have to fix it regardless if i pay for another 2 plans?  If i'm in a car wreck or a tornado and it's busted up, i'm out of luck?? lol. My bank says i will be covered under renter's insurance for incidents covered by them like flooding, tornado's etc. Just not hardware malfunctions. 

So, i guess my question is -  Is it worth the extra $200 for the Apple care?

Apple care- worth it??

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2011 3:14:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
Apple Care+ includes accidental damage. Apple Care doesn't.
Apple Care+ includes accidental damage. Apple Care doesn't.

Re: Apple care- worth it??

2 of 2 (425 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments