Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 14, 2011
5:53:34 AM
View profile
Apple Peel

If I currently have a phone from AT&T, can I use that SIM card to use an Apple Peel? Will I be able to make calls using my Ipod+Apple Peel?

If I currently have a phone from AT&T, can I use that SIM card to use an Apple Peel? Will I be able to make calls using my Ipod+Apple Peel?

Apple Peel

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 8:29:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

victor.w.duan wrote:

That, my friend, is a very, very good question. I didn't even know what the thing was until I Google searched it. As unique as it is, I doubt that it really works... In other words, you can definitely try it, but I don't know if I would trust it. Let alone rely on it to replace my phone entirely...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

victor.w.duan wrote:

That, my friend, is a very, very good question. I didn't even know what the thing was until I Google searched it. As unique as it is, I doubt that it really works... In other words, you can definitely try it, but I don't know if I would trust it. Let alone rely on it to replace my phone entirely...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Apple Peel

2 of 7 (507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 10:16:30 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 15, 2011 at 10:17:42 PM

Amazing. Per the seller's website, Apple Peels have been tested with AT&T and T-Mobile!

Amazing. Per the seller's website, Apple Peels have been tested with AT&T and T-Mobile!

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 3:42:51 AM
(0)
Expert

In reading the FAQS, niot sure what it will save outside of the cost of the phone

What are the requirements ?

The Apple Peel 520 II requires a Jailbroken 4th generation iPod Touch. iOS Firmwares up to 4.3.5 are currently supported

Is data/mobile internet via the Apple Peel 520 supported?

Yes, GPRS data is supported. Be aware that your carrier may charge hefty fees for data access. Contact your provider to make sure you don’t get hosed!

At close to 139.00 not one sale, it does not seem to be worth it at all

In reading the FAQS, niot sure what it will save outside of the cost of the phone

What are the requirements ?

The Apple Peel 520 II requires a Jailbroken 4th generation iPod Touch. iOS Firmwares up to 4.3.5 are currently supported

Is data/mobile internet via the Apple Peel 520 supported?

Yes, GPRS data is supported. Be aware that your carrier may charge hefty fees for data access. Contact your provider to make sure you don’t get hosed!

At close to 139.00 not one sale, it does not seem to be worth it at all

4 of 7 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 9:59:05 AM
(0)
Employee
it should work, but don't expect any troubleshooting from at&t since its a hackjob.
it should work, but don't expect any troubleshooting from at&t since its a hackjob.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 10:08:55 AM
(0)
Expert

JFizDaWiz wrote:

In all senses of the word since one of the requirements is just that.

JFizDaWiz wrote:

In all senses of the word since one of the requirements is just that.

6 of 7 (485 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 11:28:12 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 16, 2011 at 11:28:36 AM

Yes. That's what it is, an unsupported device.

Yes. That's what it is, an unsupported device.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (481 Views)