Helpful Links

Apple Iphone 4S

Contributor

Apple Iphone 4S

I am currently a customer with AT&T and I have an Iphone 3GS. My contract expires in March, but I want an iPhone 4S. On Apple.com it says that the price is $199. When I checked what the price would be for me on the AT&T website it said that if I did it early it would be $600 which I understood but even if I were to wait it would be $400!!!!! Why is the price so different!!!!

Message 1 of 6
Teacher

Re: Apple Iphone 4S

mccecala wrote:

I am currently a customer with AT&T and I have an Iphone 3GS. My contract expires in March, but I want an iPhone 4S. On Apple.com it says that the price is $199. When I checked what the price would be for me on the AT&T website it said that if I did it early it would be $600 which I understood but even if I were to wait it would be $400!!!!! Why is the price so different!!!!

It does not matter what you want. This has been covered in many posts earlier. For example:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/So-thats-it-its-official-ATT-doesnt-care/td-p/2896939

Message 2 of 6

mccecala wrote:

The $199 phone is the 16GB version.  The $400 (I'm guessing $399 is what you are seeing) is for the 64GB phone.

Message 3 of 6
Professor

If you look closely at Apple, it says STARTING at $199, with an asterisk that says qualified customers only. You actual price is based on whether your are eligible for a full upgrade or an early upgrade, and which size you choose.
Message 4 of 6

There are 3 levels or tiers of pricing

Eligible for an upgrade - $199 (16GB) / $299 (32) / $399 (64)

Partially eligible (what's called an "early" upgrade) - I believe these are $250 more than the eligible prices, to $449 / $549 / $649

Not eligible (full retail price) - $649 / $749 / $849

mccecala wrote:

Message 5 of 6
Master

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

There are 3 levels or tiers of pricing

Eligible for an upgrade - $199 (16GB) / $299 (32) / $399 (64)

Partially eligible (what's called an "early" upgrade) - I believe these are $250 more than the eligible prices, to $449 / $549 / $649

Not eligible (full retail price) - $649 / $749 / $849

mccecala wrote:

This is correct. Because you are not yet eligible for an upgrade, you would have to pay the $250 "early" upgrade fee on top of the $199/$299/$399 price of which model iPhone you would like.

For the 16GB, it's going to be $449. The 32GB model will cost you $549. (I'm guessing that's where you got the quoted $600 price from.) And the 64GB version will be $649.99. All with a new two-year contract.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support