Apple ID Password

Tutor

Apple ID Password

Recently, every time I unlock my iphone 4, a popup occurs requiring me to enter my Apple ID password.  This never occurred previously.  I checked the iphone settings and couldn't find any way to disengage it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You

Message 1 of 5 (1,049 Views)
Expert

Re: Apple ID Password

nicktony wrote:

Recently, every time I unlock my iphone 4, a popup occurs requiring me to enter my Apple ID password.  This never occurred previously.  I checked the iphone settings and couldn't find any way to disengage it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You

what apps are running in the background?

Message 2 of 5 (1,008 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

I agree with wingrider.  It's got to be some application that's attempting to connect using your Apple ID, and it's got the wrong password (maybe you recently changed the password for your Apple ID and didn't get it updated in an application?).  There is no setting that would ask for your Apple ID password upon unlocking the phone.  If you have a MobileMe or iCloud account, go to Settings  >  iCloud and verify/re-enter your ID/password in there.  Also, go into your email settings and verify/re-enter your ID/password there.

Message 3 of 5 (932 Views)
Mentor

Isn't the Apple ID same as e-mail address??
Message 4 of 5 (854 Views)
Guru

Yep
Message 5 of 5 (846 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.