Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2012
8:13:08 AM
View profile
Apple Customer Service is Awesome
Last week my friends kid got a hold of my iPhone
Whilst I was out of the room for a few mins anyway
He drops my poor phone in my Phoenix Palm Plant pot and to my horror it has Compost lodged in the Headphone jack ...keeping my cool I try to get it out
But there's so much in and the phone is just saying
Headphone mode so I guess I have to book a Apple Genius Slot and pay for them to clean it etc

Well Tues arrives I make my appointment at 6pm
At AppleStore I check in with a guy at the door who
Tells me to go to the desk by the bottom and advise
Another colleague who will advise the Genius rep I'm waiting, he arrives over has a look at my phone try's cleaning it and says normally there's a charge for repair but out of good will I will issue u a brand new replacement I really couldn't stop saying thank you very much at this point Apple are the best !!!!! Smiley Wink

Btw my phone looks like it has another full 12 months
Warranty my old phone expired on the Dec 14th and my new one expires July Next year so I'm unsure if the old data from old phone of warranty will stand for the new one also? I guess the locked status carrys over tho and my phone is still locked!

Anyone had a Replacement iPhone from a AppleStore? Either way I'm really happy with Apple!!!!
Last week my friends kid got a hold of my iPhone
Whilst I was out of the room for a few mins anyway
He drops my poor phone in my Phoenix Palm Plant pot and to my horror it has Compost lodged in the Headphone jack ...keeping my cool I try to get it out
But there's so much in and the phone is just saying
Headphone mode so I guess I have to book a Apple Genius Slot and pay for them to clean it etc

Well Tues arrives I make my appointment at 6pm
At AppleStore I check in with a guy at the door who
Tells me to go to the desk by the bottom and advise
Another colleague who will advise the Genius rep I'm waiting, he arrives over has a look at my phone try's cleaning it and says normally there's a charge for repair but out of good will I will issue u a brand new replacement I really couldn't stop saying thank you very much at this point Apple are the best !!!!! Smiley Wink

Btw my phone looks like it has another full 12 months
Warranty my old phone expired on the Dec 14th and my new one expires July Next year so I'm unsure if the old data from old phone of warranty will stand for the new one also? I guess the locked status carrys over tho and my phone is still locked!

Anyone had a Replacement iPhone from a AppleStore? Either way I'm really happy with Apple!!!!

Apple Customer Service is Awesome

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 8:23:47 AM
(0)
Master

I have had iPhones replaced for internal issues but I did once have my 13" MacBook replaced when I spilled a diet coke in the keyboard.  Obviously I expected to have to use my homeowners computer coverage policy to cover the accident.  They took a quick look at it, ran in back and told me they would take care of it.  This was on a Friday after their shipments had gone out for the day as this needed to go to one of their repair depots.  By the following Thursday at noon, I had a new/refurb unit in my hands.  A quick swap back of the undamaged harddrive from the old unit and it was as if I never skipped a beat!

This is why I advocate using the Apple store as much as possible.  Some of this and yours is just great customer service and part is their knowing who their repeat customers are and who will be an advocate for good prodcuts and service.

Now to be fair as some will say this is bias, Apple is not perfect but more than not they come through!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

I have had iPhones replaced for internal issues but I did once have my 13" MacBook replaced when I spilled a diet coke in the keyboard.  Obviously I expected to have to use my homeowners computer coverage policy to cover the accident.  They took a quick look at it, ran in back and told me they would take care of it.  This was on a Friday after their shipments had gone out for the day as this needed to go to one of their repair depots.  By the following Thursday at noon, I had a new/refurb unit in my hands.  A quick swap back of the undamaged harddrive from the old unit and it was as if I never skipped a beat!

This is why I advocate using the Apple store as much as possible.  Some of this and yours is just great customer service and part is their knowing who their repeat customers are and who will be an advocate for good prodcuts and service.

Now to be fair as some will say this is bias, Apple is not perfect but more than not they come through!

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Apple Customer Service is Awesome

2 of 5 (722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 8:55:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
Yeah I've heard they tend to handout more refurb units than anything
But is urs ok? I would be annoyed if I had just bought a new mac and after
A week it became faulty and was replaced by a refurb !!

I just checked the Coverage on my phone again looks like apple
Have amended it and my replacement expires same as old iPhone this
December, will have to pay for the AppleCare I guess then ugh well it's
No biggy at least I have a brand new 4S Smiley Wink
Yeah I've heard they tend to handout more refurb units than anything
But is urs ok? I would be annoyed if I had just bought a new mac and after
A week it became faulty and was replaced by a refurb !!

I just checked the Coverage on my phone again looks like apple
Have amended it and my replacement expires same as old iPhone this
December, will have to pay for the AppleCare I guess then ugh well it's
No biggy at least I have a brand new 4S Smiley Wink

3 of 5 (717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 10:58:42 AM
(0)
Master
My MacBook was almost two years old. An apple refurb for my macbook wasi a new case, a mother board that has been certified and may have previously used parts, my old battery that was good and a new HD. The hd I put back in was a third party one I took out before sending my machine in.

A refurb iPhone is a new case, new battery, new or previously used insides.

These are just not big deals given that Apple stands behind their products.

My MacBook was almost two years old. An apple refurb for my macbook wasi a new case, a mother board that has been certified and may have previously used parts, my old battery that was good and a new HD. The hd I put back in was a third party one I took out before sending my machine in.

A refurb iPhone is a new case, new battery, new or previously used insides.

These are just not big deals given that Apple stands behind their products.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 5 (706 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 5:56:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thats really good though that they sorted ur mac out snappy!

apple seem to be one of the best services ive used and are really efficient

they seem to be very helpful instore and over the phone too Smiley Happy

I guess my old iPhone will be repaired and bits replaced inside that so then

it becomes a refurb to another owner it didn't have any marks on the glass so I

guess they will re-use that Smiley Very Happy

I think the silver middle bit will be replaced due to the compost though lol

I find it amazing that all trace of my old iPhone has now become "Status Replaced" and

my new iPhone has taken the place of it im curious how they do this a little uhh well

btw im extremely pleased but now  im abit paranoid where I now leave my new iPhone Smiley Tongue

Thats really good though that they sorted ur mac out snappy!

apple seem to be one of the best services ive used and are really efficient

they seem to be very helpful instore and over the phone too Smiley Happy

I guess my old iPhone will be repaired and bits replaced inside that so then

it becomes a refurb to another owner it didn't have any marks on the glass so I

guess they will re-use that Smiley Very Happy

I think the silver middle bit will be replaced due to the compost though lol

I find it amazing that all trace of my old iPhone has now become "Status Replaced" and

my new iPhone has taken the place of it im curious how they do this a little uhh well

btw im extremely pleased but now  im abit paranoid where I now leave my new iPhone Smiley Tongue

5 of 5 (677 Views)