Apple: Carrier IQ Still On iPhone 4, But We Don't Read Your E-mail/Texts

Apple: Carrier IQ Still On iPhone 4, But We Don't Read Your E-mail/Texts

Apple tells us there is only one device running iOS 5 that still runs Carrier IQ, and it's the iPhone 4. Other devices running iOS 5, such as the iPad, the new iPhone 4S, and older iPhone models updated to iOS 5 have had Carrier IQ stripped out. But Apple says it has never used Carrier IQ to record keystrokes or personal messages.

"It was just for diagnostic data that was sent to Apple, and customers had to actively opt in to that to even provide us that level of information," Apple tells us. "If they opted in, that data was sent anonymously, and in encrypted fashion. We did not record keystrokes, messages or any personal information for the diagnostic data, and we have no plans to in the future." Full Article

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Apple: Carrier IQ Still On iPhone 4, But We Don't Read Your E-mail/Texts

Pardon me for not knowing much about this topic, nor caring very much about it, but this is just not something I worry about on a daily basis - if at all.

But perhaps other users here would find this information helpful. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5
Professor

i do not care i do not use my iphone for illegal content. The Carrier IQ is like spy software i  Believe.  but i am not losng any sleep over this.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Yup, Apple has acknowledged that the software is on some devices but they have not used it since upgrading to iOS 5 and will be removed in the next software update. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Professor

well that's good Apple is going to remove so they say lol!!   no problem for me long as apple uses it for reserach and trouble shooting only.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support