Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 29, 2010
1:54:51 PM
App Updates

Does anyone know what's going on here.  The last two apps that I tried to update on my iphone 4 resulted in a grey icon and the message "waiting".  They've both been in the waiting mode for several hours.  Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know what's going on here.  The last two apps that I tried to update on my iphone 4 resulted in a grey icon and the message "waiting".  They've both been in the waiting mode for several hours.  Any help would be appreciated.

App Updates

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 2:02:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I had a weird itunes update fail a week or so ago. Next time I synced to iTunes, the borked apps restored successfully. I think this means the update failed in the middle.

I had a weird itunes update fail a week or so ago. Next time I synced to iTunes, the borked apps restored successfully. I think this means the update failed in the middle.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: App Updates

2 of 4 (891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 2:26:33 PM
(0)
Scholar

My 3G will freeze in the middle of loading an app sometimes. Just hold down on the app, as you would to move one. Then hit the home button, to stop the shake. After that it usually ask for the app store password again and finishes dl'ing. The main times I've seen it do this, is when you're on the phone or net while trying to load.

My 3G will freeze in the middle of loading an app sometimes. Just hold down on the app, as you would to move one. Then hit the home button, to stop the shake. After that it usually ask for the app store password again and finishes dl'ing. The main times I've seen it do this, is when you're on the phone or net while trying to load.

3 of 4 (875 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 5:02:33 PM
(0)
Scholar

Actually had the same thing happen to me the about two days ago.  When I logged into iTunes and did a sync it update the two apps and that resolved the problem.  Have not had any more problem when updating an app.

Actually had the same thing happen to me the about two days ago.  When I logged into iTunes and did a sync it update the two apps and that resolved the problem.  Have not had any more problem when updating an app.

4 of 4 (719 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments