Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 18, 2011
2:33:28 PM
View profile
Anything Larger than the 3G MicroCell available?

Looking for information about expanding cell coverage in poor coverage zone (technically it is not a zero coverage zone).

Specifically I'm looking for a mini cell-tower solution. Something larger than the 3G MicroCell currently offered to cover 1 square mile in remote/rural area. There have been rumors of ATT setting up a 40-50' pole with mid-range broadcast for past customers in the region.

DSL is available.

Anyone heard of something like this?

Looking for information about expanding cell coverage in poor coverage zone (technically it is not a zero coverage zone).

Specifically I'm looking for a mini cell-tower solution. Something larger than the 3G MicroCell currently offered to cover 1 square mile in remote/rural area. There have been rumors of ATT setting up a 40-50' pole with mid-range broadcast for past customers in the region.

DSL is available.

Anyone heard of something like this?

Anything Larger than the 3G MicroCell available?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 4:32:00 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:44:33 PM

Have you considered using a portable signal booster cradle like this one sold at Bestbuy or Solidsignal.com made by Wilson Electronics (Model: 815226) ?

It's "larger" in the sense that you can carry it with you.

Have you considered using a portable signal booster cradle like this one sold at Bestbuy or Solidsignal.com made by Wilson Electronics (Model: 815226) ?

It's "larger" in the sense that you can carry it with you.

Re: Anything Larger than the 3G MicroCell available?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (466 Views)