Anyone get confirmation on upgrade status?

Mentor

Anyone get confirmation on upgrade status?

I am sure many people in here got their iphone 4 at launch and paid the $199 or $299 for a new 2 year contract.  I was wondering if anyone knows if we will be able to get the new iphone 4s at the same price even though the two years isn't up yet.

I just checked my upgrade status and it says I am eligible for an upgrade, but directed me to the iphone 4 which I already have. 

I am sure they won't let people know till Friday, but if anyone has inside information, that would be great. 

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Anyone get confirmation on upgrade status?

Well, considering the 4S is not even available for pre-order at this point, I really don't see how AT&T could indicate that any user is eligible to upgrade to it.

Wait until Friday when it is available for pre-order and things will very likely change.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

A buddy here at work, with an iPhone 4 got confirmation of the discount.  I have a 3GS that I got a couple months before the 4 came out and no discount for me.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

paepae805 wrote:

I am sure many people in here got their iphone 4 at launch and paid the $199 or $299 for a new 2 year contract.  I was wondering if anyone knows if we will be able to get the new iphone 4s at the same price even though the two years isn't up yet.

I also purchased the iPhone 4 on launch. I think some of it has to do with your bill and how much you've paid over the course of your current contract. I'm eligible on 11/18 for the full upgrade discount. Until then I'm eligible for the discount price plus an extra $250, bringing the total to $449 if I don't wait until 11/18. I'm hoping they allow me to early upgrade since it's just a little more than a month out but we'll see.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support