Anyone else not get the NoDo update?

Anyone else not get the NoDo update?

Am I the only one?  Zune still says my phone is up to day with version 7004.  Seems everyone has gotten it except me Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 34 (1,375 Views)

Re: Anyone else not get the NoDo update?

see if your Zune software is up-to date

Message 2 of 34 (1,297 Views)
Professor

Update your Zune software, plug your computer in and then plug your phone in.

Message 3 of 34 (1,292 Views)

I did all of that last night.  Even made sure all Win 7 updates were applied and still nothing yet.

Message 4 of 34 (1,283 Views)
Expert

borschtbomber wrote:

I did all of that last night.  Even made sure all Win 7 updates were applied and still nothing yet.

It is a rolling update, not everyone will get it at the same time

Message 5 of 34 (1,275 Views)
Tutor

I don't have it either stuck at 7004...zune says I'm up to date.
Message 6 of 34 (1,235 Views)

Well...at least I'm not apparently the only one.  Still nothing for me.  Could it be that I just got my phone a few weeks ago puts me at the back of the list?

Message 7 of 34 (1,226 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

The update isn't available to me, either.

Microsoft made it sound as if you get the update through Zune if you didn't want to wait for AT&T's staggered release...

I got my phone about 3 weeks ago, as well - so maybe we are at the back of the line. Seems strange, though - Microsoft doesn't stagger service pack releases or IE releases. Why would they stagger a phone release through Zune?

Message 8 of 34 (1,210 Views)
Scholar

That's just another reason MS has to follow Apple's lead and take over the update process completely.. Logistics or not(different phone manufacturers vs Apple's 1) let's face it if Apple can do it with literally millions more iPhones MS can pull it off.. Even if they staggered it according to manufactucers we all would have had NoDo last month...
Message 9 of 34 (1,200 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I found this on the wpcentral forum:

"Alright, enahs555, I finally have something in the way of an answer from Samsung support, and if you can validate it for me, all the better. Apparently the timing of the NoDo update to Samsung Focus phones is based on build version. NoDo was made available 4/19 to build version REV 1.3 (found near the IMEI number under your battery). My build version, unfortunately, is REV 1.4 - the update to which will be pushed out at a later date TBD."

I, too, have rev1.4 and am not offered the update using Zune...

Anyone know anything about this?

Message 10 of 34 (1,136 Views)
Tutor

mine is 1.4 too. Explains why I can't get the update...hopefully they have this fixed within a few days.

Message 11 of 34 (1,066 Views)

I guess that might explain it...still doesn't make me feel better because now it sounds like who knows when we will get it.  Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 34 (1,062 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, I'm starting to worry about how long we are going to be waiting...

If you want to follow the conversation, here is the link to the Question on Microsoft's "Answers" site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/samsung-focus-zune-still-shows-phone-is-u...

He mentions the rev 1.4 stuff towards the bottom. I hope he gets an answer...

Message 13 of 34 (1,054 Views)
Mentor

got the NoDo update and works like a charm on my samsung focus... if you guys are having trouble with zune (keeps saying its up to date).. plug your phone start up zune the click on the phone icon on the bottom then click settings. it will then show setting for the phone and just click update and just follow the instructions and hopefully everything will be alright. Found out that zune setting menu without the phone plugged-in and zune with phone plugged-in displays different options available.. seems like update button for zune acts differently if the phone plugged-in.
Message 14 of 34 (1,014 Views)
Tutor

Thanks but you obviously didn't have rev 1.4

Message 15 of 34 (1,002 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.