Helpful Links

Anyone else having problems activating iOS5?

Contributor

Anyone else having problems activating iOS5?

My phone says the activation server is down, but iTunes says my phone doesn't have a sim card.  What gives?  I can't make calls, which is definitely a huge problem for me.

Message 1 of 17
Scholar

Re: Anyone else having problems activating iOS5?

Yes. I imagine the servers are getting hammered. I'd just set it aside for a while until things calm down, then redo the whole thing.

Message 2 of 17
Contributor

But I;m worried about the sim card problem iTunes seems to be detecting

Message 3 of 17
Scholar

It's a multi-step process, and with the servers dying, you have probably gotten to step x of many.

Let it calm down, and then do the entire update again. It'll probably rectify everything. Everybody in the world is hammering those activation servers, and they just can't handle the load.

Message 4 of 17
Contributor

I have been trying to activate for more than 5 hours now. Still the problem persists. Did anyone managed to get through?

Message 5 of 17
Teacher

I started the update at 2pm ET today and I just finally finished.  It crashed several times during the day.  Good Luck

Message 6 of 17
Professor

i just  ran the update got it installed an activated just fine. i do nto see any new features kind of a let down. 

Message 7 of 17
Expert

iOS 5: Hidden gems and features

graphite07 wrote:

i just  ran the update got it installed an activated just fine. i do nto see any new features kind of a let down. 

Message 8 of 17
Guru

I installed mine around 1:15 CST and had it completely done in an hour. No problems here. I love the new iOS.
Message 9 of 17
Professor

took me 4 times to get the new update. i like the part where you can use ring tones for text tones now thanks apple for that.

seen a new feature at the apple store tonight,it had a circle in the lower left hand corner it had all kinds of  commands tied into it.

Message 10 of 17
Contributor

I am still stuck..someone please help!!

Message 11 of 17
Professor

plohalekar wrote:

I am still stuck..someone please help!!

where are you stuck at? whats the problem>?

Message 12 of 17
Contributor

I have been trying to update since 3:00 pm. I hit update and it sits there for hours saying it is backing up my iPhone but then the green stops moving across the bar and it sits there for an hour doing nothing. Nothing has come up with progress or anything. I actually have removed all of my music and cleared a ton of apps to hurry the back up process and nothing is working. Any advice???

Message 13 of 17
Professor

chanceadams wrote:

I have been trying to update since 3:00 pm. I hit update and it sits there for hours saying it is backing up my iPhone but then the green stops moving across the bar and it sits there for an hour doing nothing. Nothing has come up with progress or anything. I actually have removed all of my music and cleared a ton of apps to hurry the back up process and nothing is working. Any advice???

what i did is hit stop on adding apps and stuff. and went on wither other stuff like music and pics.

Message 14 of 17
Professor

Started my update at about 7pm and it finished probably about 8:15. I plugged it in and just left it alone.
Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support