Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

Highlighted
Guru

Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

So, I've read two blogs about iPhone 4s being dropped and shattered, anyone else here had accidently dropped their iPhone 4? if yes, how high it was dropped and did it do any damage to the phone?

Message 1 of 35 (6,130 Views)
Scholar

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?


mdifilm wrote:

So, I've read two blogs about iPhone 4s being dropped and shattered, anyone else here had accidently dropped their iPhone 4? if yes, how high it was dropped and did it do any damage to the phone?


Not yet since I won't be able to acitivate it until Sunday when I get back from a mini trip. I am a bit worried about it and want a case ASAP. I drop my phones all the time. The phone looks really cool but the way the glass sits on top exposing the edges weirds me out a bit being a phone clutz. One positive is that the back glass is an easy DIY replacment if it shatters.

Message 2 of 35 (6,093 Views)
Professor

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

In the car carpet drop. Not a hard floor drop. So it didn't shatter that way.

 

I wouldn't be suprised if it's sensitive like some TV shows doing it. I remembered on the former Terminator TV show, they placed a blackberry wedged loose in a crate's board. The phone slipped and smacked the glass from a foot drop with an instant crack and the LCD liquid poor over.

 

Hopefully we won't test that way.

Message 3 of 35 (6,044 Views)
Teacher

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

When I was waiting in line yesterday, the 5th or so guy to buy one came out and was looking at it and it slipped out of his hands.  Landed on tile floor and it was fine.  I have not dropped mine. 

Message 4 of 35 (5,925 Views)
Teacher

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

[ Edited ]

Mine fell off the sofa twice yesterday. That sucker is slick! LOL

 

No damage, obviously, since it fell on carpeted floor.

Message 5 of 35 (5,836 Views)
Mentor

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

Dropped it on hard wood floor yesterday. It fell out of my pocket as I sat down. I already had my speck candy shell case on it and no damage at all. I still almost had a heart attack.
Message 6 of 35 (5,805 Views)
Professor

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

Nope!

I was feening to get my case I ordered from eBay which i got today and fits perfectly! I feard I would drop it because I dropped my 3GS many times!...Im planning on getting an Otterbox case for extra protection

Message 7 of 35 (5,769 Views)
Teacher

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

What kind of case did you get from eBay? I ordered some silicone ones from Hong Kong so let's see how they hold up. I did go to the mall today and installed the Ghost Armor and I am waiting on the bumper from Apple so I am being extra careful.

Message 8 of 35 (5,753 Views)
Teacher

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

Not me. And I hope it never happens to me phone!

 

What's funny is how I was in an AT&T store today trying to shop for a case. One of the store clerks asked if he could see my phone. Although I took it out for him see it, I dared not give it to him to hold. LOL...

 

Anyway, I'll probably keep shopping around for the "perfect" case. In the meantime, I've made it a point not to let anyone touch my iPhone 4.

Message 9 of 35 (5,617 Views)
Professor

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

Message 10 of 35 (5,555 Views)
Guru

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

I live in fear of dropping mine.  Otterbox needs to get their cases on the market.  I want my phone protected!

Message 11 of 35 (2,965 Views)

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?


ormom51 wrote:

I live in fear of dropping mine.  Otterbox needs to get their cases on the market.  I want my phone protected!


I absolutely cannot stand Otterbox cases.  Obviously, when you buy a CASE for your phone, the entire purpose is for protection.  Otterbox provides this protection but it is so bulky, ugly, and inconvienent.  God forbid you wear jeans and you try to pull the phone out of your pocket with the otterbox case on it...

Message 12 of 35 (2,900 Views)
Scholar

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?


Ryyenoserous wrote:

ormom51 wrote:

I live in fear of dropping mine.  Otterbox needs to get their cases on the market.  I want my phone protected!


I absolutely cannot stand Otterbox cases.  Obviously, when you buy a CASE for your phone, the entire purpose is for protection.  Otterbox provides this protection but it is so bulky, ugly, and inconvienent.  God forbid you wear jeans and you try to pull the phone out of your pocket with the otterbox case on it...


You do realize though that the thicker, bigger, bulker a case is that it provides better protection right? Simple physics lesson: If it gets hit with force, the energy has more time to slow down. The ottorbox cases will protect iPhones better than 99 cent cases from HK on eBay.

Message 13 of 35 (2,895 Views)

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?


currahee2100 wrote:

Ryyenoserous wrote:

ormom51 wrote:

I live in fear of dropping mine.  Otterbox needs to get their cases on the market.  I want my phone protected!


I absolutely cannot stand Otterbox cases.  Obviously, when you buy a CASE for your phone, the entire purpose is for protection.  Otterbox provides this protection but it is so bulky, ugly, and inconvienent.  God forbid you wear jeans and you try to pull the phone out of your pocket with the otterbox case on it...


You do realize though that the thicker, bigger, bulker a case is that it provides better protection right? Simple physics lesson: If it gets hit with force, the energy has more time to slow down. The ottorbox cases will protect iPhones better than 99 cent cases from HK on eBay.


As I said before, the OtterBox case is strictly made for protection which explains why it is bulky, thicker and bigger.  But in my personal opinion, I enjoy holding my phone with my barehand and being able to enjoy it's slick, thin, comfortable feel.  What's the point of having a small phone when you're going to cover it up in box?  Besides protection, there's no reason.

Message 14 of 35 (2,887 Views)
Explorer

Re: Anyone accidently dropped their iPhone 4 yet?

My sister dropped hers from the couch onto the tile... I think it was the most painful thing Ive seen in a long time...

 

All....

 

           That....

 

                            Bouncing....

 

 

                                                               Smiley Sad

 

Message 15 of 35 (2,873 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.