Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 22, 2012
1:06:52 PM
View profile
Anyone Else Looking For To . . .

The Samsung Galaxy Note. Be great for an old blind eyes like me. I'm not really eligible to upgrade til November though. But I'm drooling over the Note.

The Samsung Galaxy Note. Be great for an old blind eyes like me. I'm not really eligible to upgrade til November though. But I'm drooling over the Note.

Anyone Else Looking For To . . .

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 7:29:21 AM
(0)
Guru

Not really...  AT&T had it massively crippled compared to the international version.

No Exynos, no deal.

Not really...  AT&T had it massively crippled compared to the international version.

No Exynos, no deal.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: Anyone Else Looking For To . . .

2 of 5 (277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 7:44:12 PM
(0)
Guru

I bought the international version before Christmas....I LOVE it. 

As for the crippled part......not so much crippled, but at&t wanted LTE, which means they had to go to a different chip.

I didn't like removing the home button, but considering how apple gets their pants in a wad over every phone coming

to the USA market, maybe that played into it.  My guess that the at&t version will have the usual bloat, and have tethering

disabled also.  As for updates, with at&t, I wouldn't hold my breath for ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) coming anytime

soon. At&t pretty much doesn't update anything except the iphone, and that's because apple pretty much controls it.

That was another reason I bought an international unlocked version.

I bought the international version before Christmas....I LOVE it. 

As for the crippled part......not so much crippled, but at&t wanted LTE, which means they had to go to a different chip.

I didn't like removing the home button, but considering how apple gets their pants in a wad over every phone coming

to the USA market, maybe that played into it.  My guess that the at&t version will have the usual bloat, and have tethering

disabled also.  As for updates, with at&t, I wouldn't hold my breath for ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) coming anytime

soon. At&t pretty much doesn't update anything except the iphone, and that's because apple pretty much controls it.

That was another reason I bought an international unlocked version.

See my post above

3 of 5 (271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 11:05:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

And thats another reason im thinking of just getting the Sony xperia Ion..

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-vs-Sony-Xperia-Io...

And thats another reason im thinking of just getting the Sony xperia Ion..

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Android-Community-Discussion/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-vs-Sony-Xperia-Ion/td-p/3036107

4 of 5 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 4:37:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

Its also worth mentioning the Sony xperia ion will not have gorilla glass as of now..and the Note WILL come with gorilla glass.

Its also worth mentioning the Sony xperia ion will not have gorilla glass as of now..and the Note WILL come with gorilla glass.

Re: ..

5 of 5 (243 Views)