Helpful Links

Any way to use att's data plan with HTC Desire ?

Contributor

Any way to use att's data plan with HTC Desire ?

hi i just bought HTC Desire HD from India is there any way I can use it with att's data plan????

if yes how can i get the settings ? I am interested in 3G data.

Thanks,

Aayush (personal content edited)

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: Any way to use att's data plan with HTC Desire ?

Yes,  you can use it on AT&T.

Now, that being said, it must support AT&T's frequency bands to be able to access the 3G network.

It will work on EDGE speeds, but must support 3G on the 850 and 1900Mhz band to access the 3G network.

Message 2 of 5
Professor

You need to configure the phone with the APN settings given in post#2 of the following thread.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/309124/apn-network-settings-for-at-t/

AFAIK, there are no versions of the Desrie HD currently on the market that support AT&T's 3G network, so you're stuck on EDGE/2G.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Aayush,

I am in the same boat... Did you manage to find the fix for the issue? Please let me know

Message 4 of 5
Professor

I posted the solution above.  You need to manually enter ATT's APN info (basically the settings for ATT's data network).  Additionally, the phone needs to be SIM-unlocked, if its locked to the India carrier.  There are various ways to do it.  One way is paid unlock services (around $10-20) on places like eBay.  There may be free ways to do it yourself by rooting the phone, but I'm not an expert on this particular phone. You can research at a placed called XDA forums.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support