Any time limit for activating a GoPhone after purchase (Pay As You Go - $ 0.10 per minute plan)

Contributor

Any time limit for activating a GoPhone after purchase (Pay As You Go - $ 0.10 per minute plan)

Any time limit for activating a GoPhone after purchase. I want to keep it as a backup.  I have T-Mobile phone that is getting fairly old but has over a 1,000 minutes on it! (Don't ask)  Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 5 (2,368 Views)
Master

Re: Any time limit for activating a GoPhone after purchase (Pay As You Go - $ 0.10 per minute plan)

Yes, you do have a certain time limit before your balance, account, SIM card, and phone number completely expire. A $15 refill will give you 30 days, I believe, a $25 refill will give you 90 days before your account expires, and $100 will give you up to a year.

My sister hasn't used her GoPhone in months. Her account completely expired on 5/02/11. Looks like she'll have to be getting a new SIM and phone number... Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5 (2,360 Views)
Contributor

Re: Any time limit for activating a GoPhone after purchase (Pay As You Go - $ 0.10 per minute plan)

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes, you do have a certain time limit before your balance, account, SIM card, and phone number completely expire.

Maybe I should have mentioned that because this will be an online purchase I think I will be activating my phone online. My account can't expire if I have not activated my phone can it.? I don't think I have any account until I activate my phone. Will my phone be activated automatically without any action on my part?

Message 3 of 5 (2,356 Views)
Master

stewjack wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes, you do have a certain time limit before your balance, account, SIM card, and phone number completely expire.

Maybe I should have mentioned that because this will be an online purchase I think I will be activating my phone online. My account can't expire if I have not activated my phone can it.? I don't think I have any account until I activate my phone. Will my phone be activated automatically without any action on my part?

No, your account cannot expire if it has not been activated in the first place. It's non-existent. Smiley Wink

Your account may not be activated automatically unless you have added money and fully established the account.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 5 (2,351 Views)
Highlighted
Master

stewjack wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Unless something has changed recently, AFAIK you have 30 days after purchasing a GoPhone from at&t to complete the activation process with the assigned phone number.  If you don't do so within that timeframe, then you will need to contact customer service to obtain a new phone number for your SIM - and you may even need to obtain a new SIM at that point.  (I'm not certain of all the specifics, but it's my understanding that SIMs accompanying phones purchased from at&t come "partially" activated.)  And I don't know how long you can have an activated but never funded account, although my "guess" would be that after sixty days in that state it would be deactivated just like an account with an expired refill would be.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 5 (2,327 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support