Ask a question

Posted Nov 26, 2011
    10:05:24 PM
    View profile
    Any special requirement of data plan for iphone 4s

I've got a new unlocked iphone 4s from apple. So I took the sim card out of my old cellphone, and cut it into a micro sim card, which can be inserted into iphone 4s. It works quite well. However, today, I found that I cannot use the data plan. If I turn down the wifi, it says I cannot use the internet. The previous service I purchased is a month $25 prepaid plan, with a $15 data plan.

I wonder what is wrong here. Is there a special data plan for iphone 4s, or the micro sim card is not OK?

Thanks!

Any special requirement of data plan for iphone 4s

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 27, 2011 12:19:21 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    You basically have everything set up correctly, but you're right - the data plan is the issue.

Data for prepaid iPhones does not come naturally...there is something you must do to the phone's APN settings to allow prepaid data for your iPhone. Unfortunately, that type of information is forbidden to be discussed here at this Forum.

I use a prepaid iPhone 3GS and the only way I am able to access data is via Wi-Fi. I have thought about allowing prepaid data for my phone, but I am still in the process of thinking about it. MMS messages are able to be sent and received on my iPhone without the hack, so that satisfies me. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Any special requirement of data plan for iphone 4s

2 of 2 (523 Views)