Posted Sep 21, 2009
9:20:55 AM
View profile
Any plan that cost $60 or more should qualify for the A-List
Edited by zhinker on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:24:38 AM

Hi,

The AT&T A-List is a great idea, but why are you limiting it only to people who are spending $60 or more on their calling plans ONLY?  If I get an iPhone with a $40 dollar calling plan, a $30 dollar data plan, and $5 text plan, I'm giving your $75 dollars a month, more than what the $60 calling plan only folks are paying you.  

Any plan that costs more than $60 should qualify for the A-List.

This high cost/low minutes is the biggest drawback holding many people like me off of the iPhone just yet, I'm thinking of waiting till next year when other carriers will offer it as well and the prices will be more competitive.

Please open the plan up and get mroe customers. 

Thanks 

Message Edited by zhinker on 09-21-2009 09:24:38 AM

Any plan that cost $60 or more should qualify for the A-List

[ Edited ]
13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 1:39:20 PM
(0)
Professor
That's what they are doing. Plans are tied to your 2 year contract. Features are not. You can cancel any feature your want when you want. People could just load as many features they want and get the a list then next month cancel those features.

Re: Any plan that cost $60 or more should qualify for the A-List

2 of 14 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 4:41:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

What?  What you are saying doesn't make any sense.  AList is for ppl who qualify based on their CALLING plan.  Not based on how added features they sign up for that push their bill past $60/month.

The OP point was that ppl who have only a 450 min CALLING Plan (39.99/month) get screwed on this one.  Features or no Features.

Alist is for ppl who spend 59.99/month (900 mins) for Calling.  Features or no Features.

Doppler808 wrote:
That's what they are doing. Plans are tied to your 2 year contract. Features are not. You can cancel any feature your want when you want. People could just load as many features they want and get the a list then next month cancel those features.

3 of 14 (253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 5:03:04 PM
(0)
Professor
You are not getting it. I am stating because you added features the calling plan is still the same. If they were based solely on price with or without features then I could one month spend a little more get A-List and the following month cancel all the features and hope that AT&T doesn't catch on. There will always be some people who will try and abuse the system.

4 of 14 (240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 5:22:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Doppler808 wrote:
You are not getting it. I am stating because you added features the calling plan is still the same. If they were based solely on price with or without features then I could one month spend a little more get A-List and the following month cancel all the features and hope that AT&T doesn't catch on. There will always be some people who will try and abuse the system.

Except in case that the OP has mentioned you can only lose the $5 in texting — $40 voice and $30 data are there to stay, and that includes not just iPhones but all other smartphones as well (now that we're past the Sept 6th).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 14 (232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 5:24:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Ah, your point is much clearer.

Yeah, ppl will always see if they can play the system.  Happens all the time.

Still, it sucks for the ppl who only have the 450 min plan.  Like I said, they are getting screwed on this one.

6 of 14 (230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 6:03:53 PM
(0)
Master

cellnewbie09 wrote:

Ah, your point is much clearer.

Yeah, ppl will always see if they can play the system.  Happens all the time.

Still, it sucks for the ppl who only have the 450 min plan.  Like I said, they are getting screwed on this one.

I would look at it another way...It is a perk for paying for a higher-minute plan :smileywink:

It's all in the perspective.

Posted from my Samsung Captivate

7 of 14 (224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 6:34:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I have the 550 minute family plan and that is plenty of minutes for my family and me since most of our call are mobile to mobile as most of my contacts already have AT&T.  WHY would I care about an A-list? It would just give me more rollover minutes that I would never use anyway.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 14 (216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 8:33:15 PM
(0)

Doppler808 wrote:
 Perhaps, but then when they cut their services they'd loose their A-List status as well.  

9 of 14 (203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 8:36:12 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Doppler808 on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:39:47 PM
Exactly why I said hope AT&T doesn't catch on.

Not to mention people have been known to hack their phones and change their IMEI and the legality of this is under question to avoid data plans.
Message Edited by Doppler808 on 09-21-2009 05:39:47 PM

[ Edited ]
10 of 14 (199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 8:40:10 PM
(0)
Guru

The a list is going to be very useful for me. Ill have plenty of minutes now and will have extra but if something comes up im covered and wont have to tell people to call me after 9pm anymore.

Free nights and weekends is obsolete now. Unlimited minutes for 59 isnt bad at all.

11 of 14 (139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2009 9:48:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

A-List was an aswome feature for me! I had 2 accounts with a total of 6 lines with att. My husband was the only line on my other account. He was on unlimted which was $99/month plus texting and internet. So I was paying roughly $130 for him alone, then my other account had 5 lines 3 of those being iphones. I pay roughly 250 on that account. 4 out of the 5 lines were being used one was idle.

In june I went off work for 3 months, money was tight. To save money I ported my husband to a local unlmited everything prepaid plan for $50/month saving me $50. But he had no service at all at our house and this got him in trouble with work, we told them to deal with it or pay our cell bill they gave him a pager instead. He needed unlimited because he uses his phone for work, but only calls a select few people ALL the time.

When I heard the A-list was coming out I saw an oppertunity to save even MORE money! On saturday 9/19 i ported him back to att over number that was sitting idle on my FT plan which I was paying for anyways but not using. Just after midnight 9/20 I promptly added the numbers he called most often to the A-list as soon as it showed on the website. Those numbers were active as of early 9/21, just in time for him to return to work and start talking to those select people! 

Total savings almost $100 over the old att unlimited plan!!

12 of 14 (132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2009 8:00:04 AM
(0)
Guru
sounds like you are definitely getting your moneys worth with a list. Ive been waiting for it for quite a while.

13 of 14 (117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2009 9:17:52 AM
(0)
Guru
It takes a CSR about two minutes to find the IMEI of a phone you're using, and AT&T explicitly reserved the right to apply any required features without notice, and if one objected to this, the opportunity to opt out of service was made available.

Goof with your IMEI in an attempt to circumvent the terms of service, and you may find yourself in breach of contract.

14 of 14 (112 Views)