Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

Scholar

Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 134
Master

Re: Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

Starfall wrote:

After what V*****n did to me, I'd rather urinate on a live light socket than go back to them. 

Hah! That's the best reply I've heard on this thread yet! Smiley Very Happy They must have really screwed you over really bad...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 31 of 134
Scholar

I left Verizon because my son gave me his old iPhone 3G. Was concerned because I had heard so much complaining about the AT&T network/phone service. Was very surprised (and pleased) that there were no problems, and the phone service is as good as Verizon's.

Just picked up a 3GS for $49. While I would like an iPhone 4, I am retired, and the 3GS is more than I really need, and a real step up from the 3G.

I am staying with AT&T.

Message 32 of 134
Scholar

NOT going back to V......We switched 4 Verizon lines to AT&T since Oct. 2009. Verizon never did us any favors and EVERY phone I ever had from them failed. I had replacement after replacement of almost all models especially once they got more technical (LG Dare vs. plain flip phones). I spent more time waiting for an ignorant tech in Verizon's crowded store......

Yes, I had to replace my first iPhone 3GS because the battery wasn't holding a charge, but after that, no issues, and now I have the 4 and no issues with that or any of our other 3 iPhones. The antenna issue is really a non issue IMO. I think it was just something for people to complain about Smiley Indifferent Get a case and move on. I like being able to talk and multitask at the same time. It's an important feature for me. Plus the roll over minutes is great too. The network is not that bad. It's the supply and demand that makes it all a challenge. We live in a world of instant gratification and we won't settle for less. We are spoiled!

Message 33 of 134
Professor

Hmm, only 4 pages of this thread, and most of the people saying they won't swap.  I figured this thread would be a dozen pages long filled with all of the people who have been crying for so long finally giving AT&T the big kiss-off.

Guess not, huh?

Message 34 of 134
Expert

dwill05 wrote:

Hmm, only 4 pages of this thread, and most of the people saying they won't swap.  I figured this thread would be a dozen pages long filled with all of the people who have been crying for so long finally giving AT&T the big kiss-off.

Guess not, huh?

When that "kiss off" could cost upwards of 400.00 or more people tend not to put their money where their mouth is

Message 35 of 134
ACE - Professor

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

I just got here Smiley Happy

Actually finding AT&T to be no worse than Sprint - different, better in some ways, worse in others. I would not swap carriers to VZ.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 134
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nope not grasping at anything, just facts.

really "facts" interesting justification - saw no "facts" posted just an opinion.

Oh please, even AT&T itself has admitted to what the iPhone did to the network. It is just over capacity. It's a good thing, it's a bad thing, and it's well documented. Quit defending AT&T like it is the perfect company. And no, I'm not saying Verizon is perfect. LOL.

Message 37 of 134
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

until they realize how much it will cost to get out of the ATT contract - especially if they are on the 325.00 smartphone etf. Will be interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is, not to mention roll over minutes, which verizon does not have

Have 0 desire to move, would end up costing me a lot more. Have a 700 min family plan with unity. wife and 3 daughters on it that the cell phone is implanted in their ear. 99 percent of the numbers they call, both POTS and cell are ATT, end up rolling about 600 minutes a month over.

you guess less then 10 percent move when they find out the costs

And why shouldn't cost be a factor? Intially many won't leave because of this, but as contracts expire more will migrate. At the same time, you should see some migrate to AT&T as the Android lineup improves.

Message 38 of 134
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

really "facts" interesting justification - saw no "facts" posted just an opinion.

Oh please, even AT&T itself has admitted to what the iPhone did to the network. It is just over capacity. It's a good thing, it's a bad thing, and it's well documented. Quit defending AT&T like it is the perfect company. And no, I'm not saying Verizon is perfect. LOL.

follow the thread back - he quotes a opinion post by a att employee and is indicating it is "fact" to justify his statements - that is an OPINION. matter of fact so you don;t have to do any work here is the exact post

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

=======================

Sure looks like he is taking a statement of opinon to attempt to justify his topic. See absolutley no "verification" of facts there since it states in ATT emploees signtures that it is opinion only

Message 39 of 134
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

until they realize how much it will cost to get out of the ATT contract - especially if they are on the 325.00 smartphone etf. Will be interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is, not to mention roll over minutes, which verizon does not have

Have 0 desire to move, would end up costing me a lot more. Have a 700 min family plan with unity. wife and 3 daughters on it that the cell phone is implanted in their ear. 99 percent of the numbers they call, both POTS and cell are ATT, end up rolling about 600 minutes a month over.

And why shouldn't cost be a factor? Intially many won't leave because of this, but as contracts expire more will migrate. At the same time, you should see some migrate to AT&T as the Android lineup improves.

Major difference between waiting for contract to expire and jump ship becasue they hate the company and the only reason they are staying is because of the iphone.

Have a feeling that the simple fact that you cannot use data and vocie at the same time will be a deciding factor for some people, personally that is why I hate using verizon phones when I am in an area where they have the best coverage, just so limited for business purposes. Add to the fact joe user is not going to be happy when they have watched an hour of a show and a call comes in and shuts down the data stream to ring the phone

Message 40 of 134
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

follow the thread back - he quotes a opinion post by a att employee and is indicating it is "fact" to justify his statements - that is an OPINION. matter of fact so you don;t have to do any work here is the exact post

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

=======================

Sure looks like he is taking a statement of opinon to attempt to justify his topic. See absolutley no "verification" of facts there since it states in ATT emploees signtures that it is opinion only

Not sure exactly what you are refering to. The over saturation and the effects of it are a fact. The not caring part is an opinion. AT&T has worked hard to improve the network and there have been noticable improvements. There still remains much more to go however. My daughter was recently stationed ito San Diego and she has reported to me she is having an issue with dropped calls there that she didn't have when she was in Florida or here at home.

Message 41 of 134
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Major difference between waiting for contract to expire and jump ship becasue they hate the company and the only reason they are staying is because of the iphone.

Have a feeling that the simple fact that you cannot use data and vocie at the same time will be a deciding factor for some people, personally that is why I hate using verizon phones when I am in an area where they have the best coverage, just so limited for business purposes. Add to the fact joe user is not going to be happy when they have watched an hour of a show and a call comes in and shuts down the data stream to ring the phone

When AT&T first came out with this on the 3G network, I thought it was no big deal. It turned out, for me, that it is one of the major advantages of GSM over CDMA. I also love the fact that you can switch to a backup phone so easily. But in the end, it is a matter of personal importance. As smartphone and data usage increase, I believe people will realize the importance of talk and data at the same time more and more.

Message 42 of 134
Teacher

Talk/data at same time. 

My mother was lost and called me on the phone looking for directions. She gets turn around easy when it comes to directions and started to panic a little. I didn't have a clue of the roads on where she was but I was able to pull up a map and talk/guide her back to home. I will never give up the talk/data at the same time. 

p.s

I will never go back to a company that treats their employees the way they do. So no, i will never go back to Verizon. 

Message 43 of 134
Guru

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Cost didn't appear to be a factor for many, as they posted they would leave "in a heartbeat" if VZW got the iPhone. Now that it's happened, those "heartbeat" leavers, ARE adding up the cost, and probably thinking twice.
Message 44 of 134
Master

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

Nope, I guess not. I thought so, too. It actually looks like a good turn out, how many "loyal" customers are deciding to stay with AT&T. Way to go. Let's just try and keep the complaints down, though, for the whiney people who just come here to rant all their problems.

Pretty impressive, everybody. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 45 of 134
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support