Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 11, 2011
8:36:53 AM
View profile
Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

133 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(133)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 8:00:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Neihn wrote:

Avw1 wrote:
I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't.

You heard false information then. The Verizon iPhone can not do Voice and Data at the same time.

During the Q/A session of the Verizon Announcement:

Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan Dee of Verizon: Same as a CDMA device.

Since current CDMA devices can not use Voice and Data at the same time Verizon themselves confirmed the iPhone 4 can not use voice and data on their network. No gimmick from ATT there those are the facts and presented by Verizon themselves.

Yep, Same as with Sprint, or any other "3G" CDMA - no simultanious voice and data. I was on sprint for 5 years with WinMo phones - it's not that big a deal most of the time - I can recall one time wishing I could pull something up off the net while on a call.

Neihn wrote:

Avw1 wrote:
I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't.

You heard false information then. The Verizon iPhone can not do Voice and Data at the same time.

During the Q/A session of the Verizon Announcement:

Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan Dee of Verizon: Same as a CDMA device.

Since current CDMA devices can not use Voice and Data at the same time Verizon themselves confirmed the iPhone 4 can not use voice and data on their network. No gimmick from ATT there those are the facts and presented by Verizon themselves.

Yep, Same as with Sprint, or any other "3G" CDMA - no simultanious voice and data. I was on sprint for 5 years with WinMo phones - it's not that big a deal most of the time - I can recall one time wishing I could pull something up off the net while on a call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

61 of 134 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 8:06:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tonester wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

I find it funny how people would "Jump ship" for a phone... Just doesn't make sense to me

Yeah, it sure doesn't make sense why anyone would want to jump ship to AT&T just for an iPhone... Smiley Wink

I did it. Frankly I think this is great news for the iPhone platform. More carriers is good. Its good for us AT&T iPhone users because now AT&T has a direct competitor for iPhone users, and that may help US get better service offerings from AT&T. It might not, but it can't hurt.

VZ is already fairly heavily loaded with Android phones, and they put just as much pressure on their network as the iPhone will. They will likely pick up additional users via the iPhone, but some percentage of their already smartphone using subs will just switch to iPhone.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the market share for android, iphone, and blackberry over the next few quarters.

tonester wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

I find it funny how people would "Jump ship" for a phone... Just doesn't make sense to me

Yeah, it sure doesn't make sense why anyone would want to jump ship to AT&T just for an iPhone... Smiley Wink

I did it. Frankly I think this is great news for the iPhone platform. More carriers is good. Its good for us AT&T iPhone users because now AT&T has a direct competitor for iPhone users, and that may help US get better service offerings from AT&T. It might not, but it can't hurt.

VZ is already fairly heavily loaded with Android phones, and they put just as much pressure on their network as the iPhone will. They will likely pick up additional users via the iPhone, but some percentage of their already smartphone using subs will just switch to iPhone.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the market share for android, iphone, and blackberry over the next few quarters.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No

62 of 134 (1,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 8:10:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

Don't forget though, that Verizon has has several years to learn from AT&T's experience.  I suspect they with the advantage of hindsight they will do OK.

Don't forget though, that Verizon has has several years to learn from AT&T's experience.  I suspect they with the advantage of hindsight they will do OK.

63 of 134 (1,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 8:24:15 AM
(0)
Master

It is NOT a marketing gimmick.  EVDO as implemented does NOT support simultaneous voice & data over the cellular network.  The only way you can talk & surf at the same time is if you are on wi-fi.

Avw1 wrote:
It'd be nice if att antes up and gives us tethering / hot spot like VZ does. I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't. I'll definitely check out the plans when my contract is up in a year.

It is NOT a marketing gimmick.  EVDO as implemented does NOT support simultaneous voice & data over the cellular network.  The only way you can talk & surf at the same time is if you are on wi-fi.

Avw1 wrote:
It'd be nice if att antes up and gives us tethering / hot spot like VZ does. I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't. I'll definitely check out the plans when my contract is up in a year.

64 of 134 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 9:51:31 AM
(0)
Expert

iFrosty wrote:

I REALLY like the EVO but im not going to go to sprint just because they have the EVO!
Anyways, I was brought up on the fact that you should go to a carrier who has the best coverage and the best plans (or take the latter of the two)
In my area all carriers have great coverage but since i have been with ATT since the 90's and not to mention i have unlimited data(Along with plans that i have been grandfathered in with), i will be staying.

I just hope people actually make intelligent decisions still...

Not that i really care Smiley Happy

doesn't surprise me at all, a lot of people put "bling" in front of service - they don;t care how or if it works they just gotta have the latest and greatest toy no matter what the cost.

iFrosty wrote:

I REALLY like the EVO but im not going to go to sprint just because they have the EVO!
Anyways, I was brought up on the fact that you should go to a carrier who has the best coverage and the best plans (or take the latter of the two)
In my area all carriers have great coverage but since i have been with ATT since the 90's and not to mention i have unlimited data(Along with plans that i have been grandfathered in with), i will be staying.

doesn't surprise me at all, a lot of people put "bling" in front of service - they don;t care how or if it works they just gotta have the latest and greatest toy no matter what the cost.

65 of 134 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:27:52 AM
(0)
Guru

tonester wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

Well I'm sure that when each generation of iPhone for AT&T was released, there were undoubtedly more than a few folks who "jumped ship" to AT&T just to get them...you find that funny as well?  And if so, then you're knocking some of those same people who have been and probably will continue to proclaim how they're not gonna be leaving AT&T anytime soon because they love how great their iPhones work on AT&T's network.

Actually, yes, I do find it a bit odd.  I can see it for the original iPhone if it was something completely different from anything else available.  After that, it really should be a relatively minor factor in deciding which carrier to use.

Choosing a carrier based solely or primarily on a phone is about like choosing what city and state to live in based on the availability of a certain restaurant.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

tonester wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

Well I'm sure that when each generation of iPhone for AT&T was released, there were undoubtedly more than a few folks who "jumped ship" to AT&T just to get them...you find that funny as well?  And if so, then you're knocking some of those same people who have been and probably will continue to proclaim how they're not gonna be leaving AT&T anytime soon because they love how great their iPhones work on AT&T's network.

Actually, yes, I do find it a bit odd.  I can see it for the original iPhone if it was something completely different from anything else available.  After that, it really should be a relatively minor factor in deciding which carrier to use.

Choosing a carrier based solely or primarily on a phone is about like choosing what city and state to live in based on the availability of a certain restaurant.

66 of 134 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 10:29:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

I agree. That's how it seems people function these days.

Personally, I would rather have a crappy phone on a good, reliable network that I can trust. Although, it sure is nice to have a great phone every once in a while...

People go with their wants instead of their NEEDS. And a good phone NEEDS a good network.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

wingrider01 wrote:

iFrosty wrote:

I agree. That's how it seems people function these days.

Personally, I would rather have a crappy phone on a good, reliable network that I can trust. Although, it sure is nice to have a great phone every once in a while...

People go with their wants instead of their NEEDS. And a good phone NEEDS a good network.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

67 of 134 (1,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 11:27:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

AT&T is every bit responsible for the exclusive contract terms they agreed to with Apple.  Don't knock Steve Jobs for being a smart business man rather than just a bookworm computer geek.  I am soooo glad Bill Gates screwed him over those years ago and took microsoft.  Just think we might not have the iPhone if Gates had been smarter and stayed a team with Jobs

AT&T is every bit responsible for the exclusive contract terms they agreed to with Apple.  Don't knock Steve Jobs for being a smart business man rather than just a bookworm computer geek.  I am soooo glad Bill Gates screwed him over those years ago and took microsoft.  Just think we might not have the iPhone if Gates had been smarter and stayed a team with Jobs

68 of 134 (1,127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 12:38:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

clowry wrote:

I am soooo glad Bill Gates screwed him over those years ago and took microsoft.  Just think we might not have the iPhone if Gates had been smarter and stayed a team with Jobs

Wait.... what? Gates and Jobs were never a team!

clowry wrote:

I am soooo glad Bill Gates screwed him over those years ago and took microsoft.  Just think we might not have the iPhone if Gates had been smarter and stayed a team with Jobs

69 of 134 (1,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:01:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't really want to leave ATT, but I very bad service at my home, and drop calls all the time with my 3g.  As bad as I wanted to buy an iphone 4 when they came out, I didn't because my contract was up with ATT and I was certain VZ would be introducing the iphone and I was right.  So I guess my answer is sadly yes, I will be switching to VZ next month!

I don't really want to leave ATT, but I very bad service at my home, and drop calls all the time with my 3g.  As bad as I wanted to buy an iphone 4 when they came out, I didn't because my contract was up with ATT and I was certain VZ would be introducing the iphone and I was right.  So I guess my answer is sadly yes, I will be switching to VZ next month!

70 of 134 (1,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:28:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Junior Warrior
johninsj

clowry wrote:

Bill Gates and Microsoft did help Apple create an operating system for the earlier Mac.

Junior Warrior
johninsj

clowry wrote:

Bill Gates and Microsoft did help Apple create an operating system for the earlier Mac.

71 of 134 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:33:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kevjazzele wrote:
Junior Warrior
johninsj

clowry wrote:

Wow. So not right. Perhaps you're mixing up the story of how the Lisa OS was "inspired" by the Xerox WIMP-based OS?

kevjazzele wrote:
Junior Warrior
johninsj

clowry wrote:

Wow. So not right. Perhaps you're mixing up the story of how the Lisa OS was "inspired" by the Xerox WIMP-based OS?

72 of 134 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 1:49:10 PM
(0)
Scholar

Below is a statement and the webiste that says otherwise.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have had many business dealings dating back to the 1977 release of the AppleSoft BASIC programming language. The name came from Joining Apple and MicroSoft. Gates went on to program for the early Mac computers which led to disputes about how much of the Mac's features were "borrowed" for Windows.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_steve_jobs_and_bill_gates_work_together#ixzz1AxECNZCP

Below is a statement and the webiste that says otherwise.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have had many business dealings dating back to the 1977 release of the AppleSoft BASIC programming language. The name came from Joining Apple and MicroSoft. Gates went on to program for the early Mac computers which led to disputes about how much of the Mac's features were "borrowed" for Windows.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_steve_jobs_and_bill_gates_work_together#ixzz1AxECNZCP

73 of 134 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 2:52:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

mightyjeeper wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

Lets think about this statement for a minute. Why would Jobs (as in Steve Jobs) choose AT&T to introduce his precious little world changing device on AT&T? Don't you think that the creator of the worlds most innovative wireless device to date would want to choose a carrier who's network could handle the traffic?. I wish no ill will toward anyone, or any company, but I honestly can't wait until Febuary to see exactly how Verizons CDMA network handles the additional traffic. If all goes well I will gladly stand corrected, but I am a strong believer that they will suffer some of the same PR nightmares that AT&T has regarding the network bogging down.

While I think Steve Jobs is a smart business man, I also think that releasing the iPhone on a GSM network made more economic sense than releasing it on a CDMA network. GSM is much more widely used than CDMA, and basically it opened up world-wide markets for the iPhone. Choosing to give it exclusively to AT&T also made economic sense. The had the size and presence. I don't think anyone had a clue that the phone would take off like it did, and I think that Verizon is in for a surprise as they implement the iPhone on their network.

mightyjeeper wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

Lets think about this statement for a minute. Why would Jobs (as in Steve Jobs) choose AT&T to introduce his precious little world changing device on AT&T? Don't you think that the creator of the worlds most innovative wireless device to date would want to choose a carrier who's network could handle the traffic?. I wish no ill will toward anyone, or any company, but I honestly can't wait until Febuary to see exactly how Verizons CDMA network handles the additional traffic. If all goes well I will gladly stand corrected, but I am a strong believer that they will suffer some of the same PR nightmares that AT&T has regarding the network bogging down.

While I think Steve Jobs is a smart business man, I also think that releasing the iPhone on a GSM network made more economic sense than releasing it on a CDMA network. GSM is much more widely used than CDMA, and basically it opened up world-wide markets for the iPhone. Choosing to give it exclusively to AT&T also made economic sense. The had the size and presence. I don't think anyone had a clue that the phone would take off like it did, and I think that Verizon is in for a surprise as they implement the iPhone on their network.

74 of 134 (1,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:47:47 PM
(0)
Master

I'm not switching to Verizon at this time..

I'm excited that the iphone is offered on two networks. Now the consumer has two choices when getting an iphone.

If I were to convert to Verizon, it would be after the second model was released. I would want to see how the company handles the load.  

I like that Verizon has the hotspot feature

I'm not sure which company has the fastest data speed

I dont want to give up surfing the web and using apps while on a phone call

the android open market is great. But I'm concerned about getting a virus or defective apps

belome wrote:

Thoughts?

I'm not switching to Verizon at this time..

I'm excited that the iphone is offered on two networks. Now the consumer has two choices when getting an iphone.

If I were to convert to Verizon, it would be after the second model was released. I would want to see how the company handles the load.  

I like that Verizon has the hotspot feature

I'm not sure which company has the fastest data speed

I dont want to give up surfing the web and using apps while on a phone call

the android open market is great. But I'm concerned about getting a virus or defective apps

belome wrote:

Thoughts?

75 of 134 (990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:53:47 PM
(0)
Master

MissAllison wrote:

I couldn't agree more. All of those people that said as soon as Verizon gets the iPhone they are leaving. I'd like to see how many people really do it. I bet you it isn't many. Smiley Wink

There's people who get paid to predict that information for the wireless companies. ATT begins preperation in advance.  Somewhere online I read the articles this week. 

Hopefully the competition means more choices for the consumer

MissAllison wrote:

I couldn't agree more. All of those people that said as soon as Verizon gets the iPhone they are leaving. I'd like to see how many people really do it. I bet you it isn't many. Smiley Wink

There's people who get paid to predict that information for the wireless companies. ATT begins preperation in advance.  Somewhere online I read the articles this week. 

Hopefully the competition means more choices for the consumer

76 of 134 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:55:56 PM
(0)
Master

joelw135 wrote:

I am staying as I don't plan on giving up Data and Phone at the same time. But I would like the Hot Spot added to our phones.

I'm very interested in this too.  The internet is abuzz.. Many hoping that ATT decides to add this feature.

joelw135 wrote:

I am staying as I don't plan on giving up Data and Phone at the same time. But I would like the Hot Spot added to our phones.

I'm very interested in this too.  The internet is abuzz.. Many hoping that ATT decides to add this feature.

77 of 134 (992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:58:30 PM
(0)
Master

Chesterbeag wrote:

Nope at least not yet. I have an I Phone 3g and am out of Contract. The Verizon I Phone is a I Phone 4 which was released in June. With all the bad publicity with the antenna and knowing that a new phone will come out in June, It is to my advantage to go month to month on AT&T and wait and see. Verizons data network is in theory a bit slower than AT&Ts. The time will be right when their are some LTE phones and LTE in my area.

Good move.. If I were going to verizon I would do the same thing.  

Chesterbeag wrote:

Nope at least not yet. I have an I Phone 3g and am out of Contract. The Verizon I Phone is a I Phone 4 which was released in June. With all the bad publicity with the antenna and knowing that a new phone will come out in June, It is to my advantage to go month to month on AT&T and wait and see. Verizons data network is in theory a bit slower than AT&Ts. The time will be right when their are some LTE phones and LTE in my area.

Good move.. If I were going to verizon I would do the same thing.  

78 of 134 (992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 4:03:03 PM
(0)
Master

cmeyer3 wrote:

My family is keeping all 4 lines with AT&T. And let me congratulate AT&T for no longer being under Apples crippling restrictions. ex. Motorola Atrix will have a forward facing camera, I believe(my opinion) that Apple would not ALLOW AT&T to have a smart phone with a forward facing camera as long as they were running AT&T.

Do you think that ATT will continue to carry the iphone? What do you think will happen

cmeyer3 wrote:

My family is keeping all 4 lines with AT&T. And let me congratulate AT&T for no longer being under Apples crippling restrictions. ex. Motorola Atrix will have a forward facing camera, I believe(my opinion) that Apple would not ALLOW AT&T to have a smart phone with a forward facing camera as long as they were running AT&T.

Do you think that ATT will continue to carry the iphone? What do you think will happen

79 of 134 (981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:01:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

No not now no way......

I like the family plan,rollover minutes,Alist,surf and talk if i won't to.

unlimited data was grandfathered in.. which i'm betting millions are also

which will be why there will be less jumping ship than everyone says...

No not now no way......

I like the family plan,rollover minutes,Alist,surf and talk if i won't to.

unlimited data was grandfathered in.. which i'm betting millions are also

which will be why there will be less jumping ship than everyone says...

80 of 134 (957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:08:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

There's no doubt that AT&T will not carry the iPhone. The iPhone started on this network, and it should stay that way. I think Apple trusts and likes doing business with AT&T. It's not that they don't like them; look at how good of a job AT&T is at selling the iPhone. It has caused a great success for both companies. I just think that Steve Jobs wanted to try something different by allowing the iPhone on Verizon - just to see how it works. And, of course, to expand the sales value of the iPhone for Verizon customers.

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

There's no doubt that AT&T will not carry the iPhone. The iPhone started on this network, and it should stay that way. I think Apple trusts and likes doing business with AT&T. It's not that they don't like them; look at how good of a job AT&T is at selling the iPhone. It has caused a great success for both companies. I just think that Steve Jobs wanted to try something different by allowing the iPhone on Verizon - just to see how it works. And, of course, to expand the sales value of the iPhone for Verizon customers.

81 of 134 (1,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:14:29 PM
(0)
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

It's interesting that it's now on two networks. But, it's nearly the same phone. Compared to how Blackberry, ect has various models

Wild Banchi wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

It's interesting that it's now on two networks. But, it's nearly the same phone. Compared to how Blackberry, ect has various models

82 of 134 (1,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:24:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

True, I guess you could look at it that way. Quite honestly, though, I don't think that the iPhone will be as much of a success on Verizon's network. I just have a gut feeling, but don't really know why...

Smurfette27 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

True, I guess you could look at it that way. Quite honestly, though, I don't think that the iPhone will be as much of a success on Verizon's network. I just have a gut feeling, but don't really know why...

83 of 134 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:40:02 PM
(0)
Master

Smurfette27 wrote:

Not really.  It's just two carriers here in the US.  But it's on way more carriers than that when you look at it globably and they are the same all around.

Smurfette27 wrote:

Not really.  It's just two carriers here in the US.  But it's on way more carriers than that when you look at it globably and they are the same all around.

84 of 134 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 6:41:12 PM
(0)
Professor

Survey says 26% AT&T iphone users, will switch to Verizon

85 of 134 (1,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 6:49:30 PM
(0)
Professor

Yet, far less than 26% of the people responding to this thread say they will swap, so who knows what really will happen.

Yet, far less than 26% of the people responding to this thread say they will swap, so who knows what really will happen.

86 of 134 (1,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:42:47 PM
(0)
Guru

guandalf wrote:

That's fine with me
And probably 90% of those 26% will wish they stayed. I know I couldn't switch because im so used to talking and using the internet simultaneously (not that i would want to switch anyways) Smiley Happy

guandalf wrote:

That's fine with me
And probably 90% of those 26% will wish they stayed. I know I couldn't switch because im so used to talking and using the internet simultaneously (not that i would want to switch anyways) Smiley Happy

87 of 134 (1,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:50:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by SLIKRICK on Jan 13, 2011 at 7:52:11 PM
A-List
Rollover minutes
Superior call quality
Simultaneous surf and talk
Unlimited data
GSM network

Umm, I'm sorry. What was the question again?
A-List
Rollover minutes
Superior call quality
Simultaneous surf and talk
Unlimited data
GSM network

Umm, I'm sorry. What was the question again?

[ Edited ]
88 of 134 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:56:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'll be honest, talk and surf isn't that important to me.  Heck, in the last month, I've used 9 of my 550 minutes of talk time.  The month before I thing I was a whopping 21 minutes.  I don't talk on my iPhone much, to be honest, I don't talk much on any phone...  I live in an area that has decent coverage by all the carriers.  I could get the Sprint 4G service if I was wiling to switch to them.  I'm in one of Verizon's LTE test markets.  I have decent AT&T service.  I get a corporate discount with AT&T that I wouldn't get with the other carriers, and I don't think I'm willing to give up that 20% discount to switch to another carrier.

Yeah, AT&T doesn't have the best coverage when I vist my mom.  In fact, I have trouble even getting edge service in parts of her house, but even there, AT&T still has better coverage than Verizon.  Sprint is the dominant carrier in her area (land line as well as mobile).  For the several times I year I am able to make it to my mom's house, I like the fact that I can sit and talk to her for several hours so I don't even notice that my phone doesn't have service as it's usually sitting on her dining room table while we talk, or play cards, ...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I'll be honest, talk and surf isn't that important to me.  Heck, in the last month, I've used 9 of my 550 minutes of talk time.  The month before I thing I was a whopping 21 minutes.  I don't talk on my iPhone much, to be honest, I don't talk much on any phone...  I live in an area that has decent coverage by all the carriers.  I could get the Sprint 4G service if I was wiling to switch to them.  I'm in one of Verizon's LTE test markets.  I have decent AT&T service.  I get a corporate discount with AT&T that I wouldn't get with the other carriers, and I don't think I'm willing to give up that 20% discount to switch to another carrier.

Yeah, AT&T doesn't have the best coverage when I vist my mom.  In fact, I have trouble even getting edge service in parts of her house, but even there, AT&T still has better coverage than Verizon.  Sprint is the dominant carrier in her area (land line as well as mobile).  For the several times I year I am able to make it to my mom's house, I like the fact that I can sit and talk to her for several hours so I don't even notice that my phone doesn't have service as it's usually sitting on her dining room table while we talk, or play cards, ...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

89 of 134 (1,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 3:22:25 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:24:58 AM

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

If you want to be able to utilize the Iphone to it's full potentional of data and voice at the same time ATT is still your only choice, if you want nuetered abilities - then verizon is the choice. Suspect a lot of people do not realize that limitation - at least those that have not used a verizon smartphone for business.

Will be interesting to see the screams of anguish from verizon iphone users when they are using their sprakling new verizon phone as a hotspot for 3 or 4 connections - and those connections drop becasue the iphone gets a call. Data is terminated in the case of a incoming phone call - standard proceedure, voice has priority 

Smurfette27 wrote:

cmeyer3 wrote:

If you want to be able to utilize the Iphone to it's full potentional of data and voice at the same time ATT is still your only choice, if you want nuetered abilities - then verizon is the choice. Suspect a lot of people do not realize that limitation - at least those that have not used a verizon smartphone for business.

Will be interesting to see the screams of anguish from verizon iphone users when they are using their sprakling new verizon phone as a hotspot for 3 or 4 connections - and those connections drop becasue the iphone gets a call. Data is terminated in the case of a incoming phone call - standard proceedure, voice has priority 

[ Edited ]
90 of 134 (1,126 Views)