Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 11, 2011
8:36:53 AM
View profile
Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

133 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(133)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 6:11:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by WirelessForeman on Jan 12, 2011 at 5:09:51 AM

Starfall wrote:

After what V*****n did to me, I'd rather urinate on a live light socket than go back to them. 

Hah! That's the best reply I've heard on this thread yet! Smiley Very Happy They must have really screwed you over really bad...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Starfall wrote:

After what V*****n did to me, I'd rather urinate on a live light socket than go back to them. 

Hah! That's the best reply I've heard on this thread yet! Smiley Very Happy They must have really screwed you over really bad...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

[ Edited ]
31 of 134 (1,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 8:13:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

I left Verizon because my son gave me his old iPhone 3G. Was concerned because I had heard so much complaining about the AT&T network/phone service. Was very surprised (and pleased) that there were no problems, and the phone service is as good as Verizon's.

Just picked up a 3GS for $49. While I would like an iPhone 4, I am retired, and the 3GS is more than I really need, and a real step up from the 3G.

I am staying with AT&T.

I left Verizon because my son gave me his old iPhone 3G. Was concerned because I had heard so much complaining about the AT&T network/phone service. Was very surprised (and pleased) that there were no problems, and the phone service is as good as Verizon's.

Just picked up a 3GS for $49. While I would like an iPhone 4, I am retired, and the 3GS is more than I really need, and a real step up from the 3G.

I am staying with AT&T.

32 of 134 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2011 8:42:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

NOT going back to V......We switched 4 Verizon lines to AT&T since Oct. 2009. Verizon never did us any favors and EVERY phone I ever had from them failed. I had replacement after replacement of almost all models especially once they got more technical (LG Dare vs. plain flip phones). I spent more time waiting for an ignorant tech in Verizon's crowded store......

Yes, I had to replace my first iPhone 3GS because the battery wasn't holding a charge, but after that, no issues, and now I have the 4 and no issues with that or any of our other 3 iPhones. The antenna issue is really a non issue IMO. I think it was just something for people to complain about Smiley Indifferent Get a case and move on. I like being able to talk and multitask at the same time. It's an important feature for me. Plus the roll over minutes is great too. The network is not that bad. It's the supply and demand that makes it all a challenge. We live in a world of instant gratification and we won't settle for less. We are spoiled!

NOT going back to V......We switched 4 Verizon lines to AT&T since Oct. 2009. Verizon never did us any favors and EVERY phone I ever had from them failed. I had replacement after replacement of almost all models especially once they got more technical (LG Dare vs. plain flip phones). I spent more time waiting for an ignorant tech in Verizon's crowded store......

Yes, I had to replace my first iPhone 3GS because the battery wasn't holding a charge, but after that, no issues, and now I have the 4 and no issues with that or any of our other 3 iPhones. The antenna issue is really a non issue IMO. I think it was just something for people to complain about Smiley Indifferent Get a case and move on. I like being able to talk and multitask at the same time. It's an important feature for me. Plus the roll over minutes is great too. The network is not that bad. It's the supply and demand that makes it all a challenge. We live in a world of instant gratification and we won't settle for less. We are spoiled!

33 of 134 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 2:51:12 AM
(0)
Professor

Hmm, only 4 pages of this thread, and most of the people saying they won't swap.  I figured this thread would be a dozen pages long filled with all of the people who have been crying for so long finally giving AT&T the big kiss-off.

Guess not, huh?

Hmm, only 4 pages of this thread, and most of the people saying they won't swap.  I figured this thread would be a dozen pages long filled with all of the people who have been crying for so long finally giving AT&T the big kiss-off.

Guess not, huh?

34 of 134 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 3:51:44 AM
(0)
Expert

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

When that "kiss off" could cost upwards of 400.00 or more people tend not to put their money where their mouth is

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

When that "kiss off" could cost upwards of 400.00 or more people tend not to put their money where their mouth is

35 of 134 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 7:01:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

I just got here Smiley Happy

Actually finding AT&T to be no worse than Sprint - different, better in some ways, worse in others. I would not swap carriers to VZ.

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

I just got here Smiley Happy

Actually finding AT&T to be no worse than Sprint - different, better in some ways, worse in others. I would not swap carriers to VZ.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

36 of 134 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:18:53 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nope not grasping at anything, just facts.

really "facts" interesting justification - saw no "facts" posted just an opinion.

Oh please, even AT&T itself has admitted to what the iPhone did to the network. It is just over capacity. It's a good thing, it's a bad thing, and it's well documented. Quit defending AT&T like it is the perfect company. And no, I'm not saying Verizon is perfect. LOL.

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

really "facts" interesting justification - saw no "facts" posted just an opinion.

Oh please, even AT&T itself has admitted to what the iPhone did to the network. It is just over capacity. It's a good thing, it's a bad thing, and it's well documented. Quit defending AT&T like it is the perfect company. And no, I'm not saying Verizon is perfect. LOL.

37 of 134 (1,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:23:17 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

until they realize how much it will cost to get out of the ATT contract - especially if they are on the 325.00 smartphone etf. Will be interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is, not to mention roll over minutes, which verizon does not have

Have 0 desire to move, would end up costing me a lot more. Have a 700 min family plan with unity. wife and 3 daughters on it that the cell phone is implanted in their ear. 99 percent of the numbers they call, both POTS and cell are ATT, end up rolling about 600 minutes a month over.

you guess less then 10 percent move when they find out the costs

And why shouldn't cost be a factor? Intially many won't leave because of this, but as contracts expire more will migrate. At the same time, you should see some migrate to AT&T as the Android lineup improves.

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

until they realize how much it will cost to get out of the ATT contract - especially if they are on the 325.00 smartphone etf. Will be interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is, not to mention roll over minutes, which verizon does not have

Have 0 desire to move, would end up costing me a lot more. Have a 700 min family plan with unity. wife and 3 daughters on it that the cell phone is implanted in their ear. 99 percent of the numbers they call, both POTS and cell are ATT, end up rolling about 600 minutes a month over.

And why shouldn't cost be a factor? Intially many won't leave because of this, but as contracts expire more will migrate. At the same time, you should see some migrate to AT&T as the Android lineup improves.

38 of 134 (1,104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:23:22 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 12, 2011 at 8:26:48 AM

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

follow the thread back - he quotes a opinion post by a att employee and is indicating it is "fact" to justify his statements - that is an OPINION. matter of fact so you don;t have to do any work here is the exact post

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

=======================

Sure looks like he is taking a statement of opinon to attempt to justify his topic. See absolutley no "verification" of facts there since it states in ATT emploees signtures that it is opinion only

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

follow the thread back - he quotes a opinion post by a att employee and is indicating it is "fact" to justify his statements - that is an OPINION. matter of fact so you don;t have to do any work here is the exact post

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

=======================

Sure looks like he is taking a statement of opinon to attempt to justify his topic. See absolutley no "verification" of facts there since it states in ATT emploees signtures that it is opinion only

[ Edited ]
39 of 134 (1,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:31:14 AM
(0)
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Major difference between waiting for contract to expire and jump ship becasue they hate the company and the only reason they are staying is because of the iphone.

Have a feeling that the simple fact that you cannot use data and vocie at the same time will be a deciding factor for some people, personally that is why I hate using verizon phones when I am in an area where they have the best coverage, just so limited for business purposes. Add to the fact joe user is not going to be happy when they have watched an hour of a show and a call comes in and shuts down the data stream to ring the phone

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Major difference between waiting for contract to expire and jump ship becasue they hate the company and the only reason they are staying is because of the iphone.

Have a feeling that the simple fact that you cannot use data and vocie at the same time will be a deciding factor for some people, personally that is why I hate using verizon phones when I am in an area where they have the best coverage, just so limited for business purposes. Add to the fact joe user is not going to be happy when they have watched an hour of a show and a call comes in and shuts down the data stream to ring the phone

40 of 134 (1,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:34:21 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

=======================

Not sure exactly what you are refering to. The over saturation and the effects of it are a fact. The not caring part is an opinion. AT&T has worked hard to improve the network and there have been noticable improvements. There still remains much more to go however. My daughter was recently stationed ito San Diego and she has reported to me she is having an issue with dropped calls there that she didn't have when she was in Florida or here at home.

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

===========

MrKroppcircles wrote:

=======================

Not sure exactly what you are refering to. The over saturation and the effects of it are a fact. The not caring part is an opinion. AT&T has worked hard to improve the network and there have been noticable improvements. There still remains much more to go however. My daughter was recently stationed ito San Diego and she has reported to me she is having an issue with dropped calls there that she didn't have when she was in Florida or here at home.

41 of 134 (1,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 8:42:36 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

When AT&T first came out with this on the 3G network, I thought it was no big deal. It turned out, for me, that it is one of the major advantages of GSM over CDMA. I also love the fact that you can switch to a backup phone so easily. But in the end, it is a matter of personal importance. As smartphone and data usage increase, I believe people will realize the importance of talk and data at the same time more and more.

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

When AT&T first came out with this on the 3G network, I thought it was no big deal. It turned out, for me, that it is one of the major advantages of GSM over CDMA. I also love the fact that you can switch to a backup phone so easily. But in the end, it is a matter of personal importance. As smartphone and data usage increase, I believe people will realize the importance of talk and data at the same time more and more.

42 of 134 (1,202 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 10:05:10 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by 2008scion on Jan 12, 2011 at 10:06:30 AM

Talk/data at same time. 

My mother was lost and called me on the phone looking for directions. She gets turn around easy when it comes to directions and started to panic a little. I didn't have a clue of the roads on where she was but I was able to pull up a map and talk/guide her back to home. I will never give up the talk/data at the same time. 

p.s

I will never go back to a company that treats their employees the way they do. So no, i will never go back to Verizon. 

Talk/data at same time. 

My mother was lost and called me on the phone looking for directions. She gets turn around easy when it comes to directions and started to panic a little. I didn't have a clue of the roads on where she was but I was able to pull up a map and talk/guide her back to home. I will never give up the talk/data at the same time. 

p.s

I will never go back to a company that treats their employees the way they do. So no, i will never go back to Verizon. 

[ Edited ]
43 of 134 (1,174 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 10:30:15 AM
(0)
Guru

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Cost didn't appear to be a factor for many, as they posted they would leave "in a heartbeat" if VZW got the iPhone. Now that it's happened, those "heartbeat" leavers, ARE adding up the cost, and probably thinking twice.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

MissAllison wrote:

Cost didn't appear to be a factor for many, as they posted they would leave "in a heartbeat" if VZW got the iPhone. Now that it's happened, those "heartbeat" leavers, ARE adding up the cost, and probably thinking twice.

44 of 134 (1,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 10:44:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

Nope, I guess not. I thought so, too. It actually looks like a good turn out, how many "loyal" customers are deciding to stay with AT&T. Way to go. Let's just try and keep the complaints down, though, for the whiney people who just come here to rant all their problems.

Pretty impressive, everybody. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dwill05 wrote:

Guess not, huh?

Nope, I guess not. I thought so, too. It actually looks like a good turn out, how many "loyal" customers are deciding to stay with AT&T. Way to go. Let's just try and keep the complaints down, though, for the whiney people who just come here to rant all their problems.

Pretty impressive, everybody. Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

45 of 134 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 12:15:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'm staying where I'm att. I've never had any service issues, either phone or customer. Over 70% of th people I call are ATT customers so to switch would cause a big increase in minutes purchased (I usually have over 1000 MTM on family plan). I just left the verizon site, and there's tons of customer service complaints. Also everybody's whining about no early upgrade, and not being able to use data and voice at the same time. The grass may not be that green.

I'm staying where I'm att. I've never had any service issues, either phone or customer. Over 70% of th people I call are ATT customers so to switch would cause a big increase in minutes purchased (I usually have over 1000 MTM on family plan). I just left the verizon site, and there's tons of customer service complaints. Also everybody's whining about no early upgrade, and not being able to use data and voice at the same time. The grass may not be that green.

46 of 134 (1,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 12:23:12 PM
(0)
Professor

Neither am I. Best cellphone/service combination I've had in over a quarter century of cellphone ownership, bar none.

I'll only be too happy for all the complainers to leave and head out for "greener pastures" with Verizon. I get the feeling that few of them will do that, though. Many would rather stay with their "crappy" service, just to have something to complain about.

Watch.

Neither am I. Best cellphone/service combination I've had in over a quarter century of cellphone ownership, bar none.

I'll only be too happy for all the complainers to leave and head out for "greener pastures" with Verizon. I get the feeling that few of them will do that, though. Many would rather stay with their "crappy" service, just to have something to complain about.

Watch.

47 of 134 (1,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 1:52:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

Had Verizon until April 2009. No thanks. AT&T > Verizon

Had Verizon until April 2009. No thanks. AT&T > Verizon

48 of 134 (1,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 2:24:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

No way I'm leaving. It's a good thing that the iPhone is going to Verizon, that way them and AT&T can compete and we can hopefully get sweeter deals. Another good thing is that there will be more bandwidth for us that sticks with AT&T.

No way I'm leaving. It's a good thing that the iPhone is going to Verizon, that way them and AT&T can compete and we can hopefully get sweeter deals. Another good thing is that there will be more bandwidth for us that sticks with AT&T.

49 of 134 (1,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 3:31:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I agree. Once all my contracts are up. I'm switching. The customer service I've recently received has left me bitter. I don't care if it will be a little more. I plan on changing my TV, Internet, land line and wireless lines when my contracts expires.

Also on those AT&T G4 phones, if you live in California you will be paying tax on the full value of the phone.

I agree. Once all my contracts are up. I'm switching. The customer service I've recently received has left me bitter. I don't care if it will be a little more. I plan on changing my TV, Internet, land line and wireless lines when my contracts expires.

Also on those AT&T G4 phones, if you live in California you will be paying tax on the full value of the phone.

Re: I definitely will

50 of 134 (1,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 9:16:05 PM
(0)
Master

In California you currently pay the full tax on ANY phone.

kv063 wrote:

In California you currently pay the full tax on ANY phone.

kv063 wrote:

Re: I definitely will

51 of 134 (1,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 11:12:04 PM
(0)
Guru

I find it funny how people would "Jump ship" for a phone... Just doesn't make sense to me

I REALLY like the EVO but im not going to go to sprint just because they have the EVO!
Anyways, I was brought up on the fact that you should go to a carrier who has the best coverage and the best plans (or take the latter of the two)
In my area all carriers have great coverage but since i have been with ATT since the 90's and not to mention i have unlimited data(Along with plans that i have been grandfathered in with), i will be staying.

I just hope people actually make intelligent decisions still...

Not that i really care Smiley Happy

I find it funny how people would "Jump ship" for a phone... Just doesn't make sense to me

I REALLY like the EVO but im not going to go to sprint just because they have the EVO!
Anyways, I was brought up on the fact that you should go to a carrier who has the best coverage and the best plans (or take the latter of the two)
In my area all carriers have great coverage but since i have been with ATT since the 90's and not to mention i have unlimited data(Along with plans that i have been grandfathered in with), i will be staying.

I just hope people actually make intelligent decisions still...

Not that i really care Smiley Happy

Re: No

52 of 134 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 11:45:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

ormom51 wrote:

Our family plan is staying with AT&T; we have no network issues where we live.  Also, all four of us have iPhone 4s that work well with no antenna problems.  I love AT&T's Rollover minutes because they save us from our occasional need for more minutes than our plan of 550.  A switch to Verizon would mean a higher priced plan with more minutes than we would actually use; except that many of our calls are to other AT&T numbers so we just might need more minutes.  I also like being able to go online while on a call and I like the speed of AT&T.  Verizon also has good coverage where we live, but there just isn't any reason for us to switch.

This could be my post exactly.  We have never ever had an issue with our phones, with customer service, billing issues or dropped calls.  We have the 550 plan as well and with the roll over minutes, its perfect for us.

ormom51 wrote:

Our family plan is staying with AT&T; we have no network issues where we live.  Also, all four of us have iPhone 4s that work well with no antenna problems.  I love AT&T's Rollover minutes because they save us from our occasional need for more minutes than our plan of 550.  A switch to Verizon would mean a higher priced plan with more minutes than we would actually use; except that many of our calls are to other AT&T numbers so we just might need more minutes.  I also like being able to go online while on a call and I like the speed of AT&T.  Verizon also has good coverage where we live, but there just isn't any reason for us to switch.

This could be my post exactly.  We have never ever had an issue with our phones, with customer service, billing issues or dropped calls.  We have the 550 plan as well and with the roll over minutes, its perfect for us.

53 of 134 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 12, 2011 11:53:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
It'd be nice if att antes up and gives us tethering / hot spot like VZ does. I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't. I'll definitely check out the plans when my contract is up in a year.
It'd be nice if att antes up and gives us tethering / hot spot like VZ does. I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't. I'll definitely check out the plans when my contract is up in a year.

54 of 134 (1,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 2:55:28 AM
(0)
Professor

Avw1 wrote:

I've not heard that you can actually talk and surf at the same time.  That's a known limitation of the current CDMA technology Verizon uses, not marketing hype.

Avw1 wrote:

I've not heard that you can actually talk and surf at the same time.  That's a known limitation of the current CDMA technology Verizon uses, not marketing hype.

55 of 134 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 3:09:35 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:11:01 AM

Avw1 wrote:

You have 50 percent of your wish - tethering is already available. Like verizon, you have to pay for it.

"I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't." Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but in a real use business world this can be critical in certain situation, if you use it as a toy to browse then it is probably true for you. In no way shape for form is it a "att gimmick" - it is a basic tenant of the technology, verizon utilizes CDMA and it is cannot be done

You must not hate it that much since you are willing to suffer for another year

Verizon is not going to "give" you anything, you will pay for it in some shape or form, basic tenant of business 101

Avw1 wrote:

You have 50 percent of your wish - tethering is already available. Like verizon, you have to pay for it.

"I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't." Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but in a real use business world this can be critical in certain situation, if you use it as a toy to browse then it is probably true for you. In no way shape for form is it a "att gimmick" - it is a basic tenant of the technology, verizon utilizes CDMA and it is cannot be done

You must not hate it that much since you are willing to suffer for another year

Verizon is not going to "give" you anything, you will pay for it in some shape or form, basic tenant of business 101

[ Edited ]
56 of 134 (1,046 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 6:31:57 AM
(0)
Guru

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Lets think about this statement for a minute. Why would Jobs (as in Steve Jobs) choose AT&T to introduce his precious little world changing device on AT&T? Don't you think that the creator of the worlds most innovative wireless device to date would want to choose a carrier who's network could handle the traffic?. I wish no ill will toward anyone, or any company, but I honestly can't wait until Febuary to see exactly how Verizons CDMA network handles the additional traffic. If all goes well I will gladly stand corrected, but I am a strong believer that they will suffer some of the same PR nightmares that AT&T has regarding the network bogging down.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

Lets think about this statement for a minute. Why would Jobs (as in Steve Jobs) choose AT&T to introduce his precious little world changing device on AT&T? Don't you think that the creator of the worlds most innovative wireless device to date would want to choose a carrier who's network could handle the traffic?. I wish no ill will toward anyone, or any company, but I honestly can't wait until Febuary to see exactly how Verizons CDMA network handles the additional traffic. If all goes well I will gladly stand corrected, but I am a strong believer that they will suffer some of the same PR nightmares that AT&T has regarding the network bogging down.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

57 of 134 (1,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 6:43:27 AM
(0)
Professor

mightyjeeper wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I agree, if the exodus that the iphone users have been saying will happen actually happens.  But judging from this thread, even though it seems like the majority of iphone users have been trashing at&t and saying they want to switch as soon as they can, most seem to be saying now that they are going to stay.

I was really hoping they would have a mass switchover to Verizon so we could see.

mightyjeeper wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I agree, if the exodus that the iphone users have been saying will happen actually happens.  But judging from this thread, even though it seems like the majority of iphone users have been trashing at&t and saying they want to switch as soon as they can, most seem to be saying now that they are going to stay.

I was really hoping they would have a mass switchover to Verizon so we could see.

58 of 134 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:52:01 AM
(0)
Guru

Avw1 wrote:
I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't.

You heard false information then. The Verizon iPhone can not do Voice and Data at the same time.

During the Q/A session of the Verizon Announcement:

Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan Dee of Verizon: Same as a CDMA device.

Since current CDMA devices can not use Voice and Data at the same time Verizon themselves confirmed the iPhone 4 can not use voice and data on their network. No gimmick from ATT there those are the facts and presented by Verizon themselves.

Avw1 wrote:
I've heard you can phone & surf there too...just att gimmick that ya can't.

You heard false information then. The Verizon iPhone can not do Voice and Data at the same time.

During the Q/A session of the Verizon Announcement:

Question from Ars Technica: what happens when you're on a call and need to use data?

Dan Dee of Verizon: Same as a CDMA device.

Since current CDMA devices can not use Voice and Data at the same time Verizon themselves confirmed the iPhone 4 can not use voice and data on their network. No gimmick from ATT there those are the facts and presented by Verizon themselves.

59 of 134 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 7:57:38 AM
(0)
Guru

iFrosty wrote:

Well I'm sure that when each generation of iPhone for AT&T was released, there were undoubtedly more than a few folks who "jumped ship" to AT&T just to get them...you find that funny as well?  And if so, then you're knocking some of those same people who have been and probably will continue to proclaim how they're not gonna be leaving AT&T anytime soon because they love how great their iPhones work on AT&T's network.

Yeah, it sure doesn't make sense why anyone would want to jump ship to AT&T just for an iPhone... Smiley Wink

iFrosty wrote:

Well I'm sure that when each generation of iPhone for AT&T was released, there were undoubtedly more than a few folks who "jumped ship" to AT&T just to get them...you find that funny as well?  And if so, then you're knocking some of those same people who have been and probably will continue to proclaim how they're not gonna be leaving AT&T anytime soon because they love how great their iPhones work on AT&T's network.

Yeah, it sure doesn't make sense why anyone would want to jump ship to AT&T just for an iPhone... Smiley Wink

Re: No

60 of 134 (972 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments