Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

Scholar

Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

So, it is official.  Verizon will be getting the iPhone in February.  Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 134 (5,732 Views)
Scholar

Re: Any iPhone people leaving for Verizon?

belome wrote:

I was all about the iPhone until I got an Android based phone.  I honestly think the Android is better just because the app market open and not controlled like Apples is.

So why are you still posting in the iPhone forum? 

Message 2 of 134 (3,977 Views)
Guru

I have no intentions of leaving unless AT&T stops grandfathering the Unlimited data plans. I actually enjoy my ability to make calls and check surf the web at the same time. But if it came down to that Talk/Surf vs unlimited data I would chose unlimted data.

Message 3 of 134 (3,955 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

TerriZeee wrote:

So why are you still posting in the iPhone forum? 

I didn't... a mod decided to move it here from the 'General' section.

Message 4 of 134 (3,943 Views)
Professor

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 134 (3,914 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

MissAllison wrote:

I think it would be foolish to jump from AT&T to Verizon over this. But hopefully a lot of whiney AT&T users with iPhones, jump ship. Smiley Wink

until they realize how much it will cost to get out of the ATT contract - especially if they are on the 325.00 smartphone etf. Will be interesting to see how many put their money where their mouth is, not to mention roll over minutes, which verizon does not have

Have 0 desire to move, would end up costing me a lot more. Have a 700 min family plan with unity. wife and 3 daughters on it that the cell phone is implanted in their ear. 99 percent of the numbers they call, both POTS and cell are ATT, end up rolling about 600 minutes a month over.

you guess less then 10 percent move when they find out the costs

Message 6 of 134 (3,900 Views)
Professor

I couldn't agree more. All of those people that said as soon as Verizon gets the iPhone they are leaving. I'd like to see how many people really do it. I bet you it isn't many. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 134 (3,891 Views)
Tutor

I can't switch immediately because my wife's iPhone contract doesn't expire until June, but given AT&T's withdrawal of refurbished iPhone 4 for existing customers, the cost to switch for me then will be $0, and Verizon already provides me with Fios internet, phone and TV, so I'm sure they will have a package deal with wireless as well. Assuming the pricing is comparable for service, I'll definitely switch just because AT&T doesn't seem to care about it's existing customers anymore, and I expect Verizon's up front cost for an iPhone 4 to be the same or even less than the $300 AT&T wants me to pay. And maybe there will be an iPhone 5 by then that will run on Verizon's 4G network, too.

Message 8 of 134 (3,839 Views)
Teacher

I am staying as I don't plan on giving up Data and Phone at the same time. But I would like the Hot Spot added to our phones.

Message 9 of 134 (3,820 Views)
Professor

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 134 (3,793 Views)
Master

belome wrote:

Do any of you people plan to defect to Big Red?

Nope.  Not me, myself or I.

Message 11 of 134 (2,482 Views)

MrKroppcircles wrote:

I honestly cant wait for those who actually do jump ship...that frees up the network for me.

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

Message 12 of 134 (2,455 Views)
Expert

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

MrKroppcircles wrote:

So then you're admitting AT&T had a substandard network to begin with and didn't care about the customer only oversaturating the network to the point of massive failure and not being able to deliver on what they promised for network capacity for the iPhone?

Thanks for verifying that.

grasping at straw it seems

Message 13 of 134 (2,439 Views)

Nope not grasping at anything, just facts.

Message 14 of 134 (2,429 Views)
Expert

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Nope not grasping at anything, just facts.

really "facts" interesting justification - saw no "facts" posted just an opinion.

Message 15 of 134 (2,417 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support