Any advise welcome

Contributor

Any advise welcome

I may have over upgraded, My bill is more than I am comfortable allowing for budget reasons.  Also, Having trouble finding a retail store in my area that used to sell refurbished phones. My son has blazed threw too many phones in a short period of time,  Just looking to make my dollar go a little farther...

Message 1 of 6 (491 Views)
Professor

Re: Any advise welcome

Zan Davis wrote:

I may have over upgraded, My bill is more than I am comfortable allowing for budget reasons.  Also, Having trouble finding a retail store in my area that used to sell refurbished phones. My son has blazed threw too many phones in a short period of time,  Just looking to make my dollar go a little farther...

Aer you on a family plan or individual lines? Are you able to change calling packages to a lesser minutes/month? If youre not locked into a contract for your son's phone, how about putting him on a GoPhone account and pay for minutes as needed. Gophones will also make one more responsible with  texting, etc. if the kid has to pay for his minutes. just a thought.  Smiley Wink

phones are expensive.... get one thats cheap and not so flashy, if hes not too excited about such a phone, he might not use it much... saving minutes and replacing phones over and over..

if i had one of these,.....

Message 2 of 6 (487 Views)
Professor

RicoLX wrote:

Zan Davis wrote:

Aer you on a family plan or individual lines? Are you able to change calling packages to a lesser minutes/month? If youre not locked into a contract for your son's phone, how about putting him on a GoPhone account and pay for minutes as needed. Gophones will also make one more responsible with  texting, etc. if the kid has to pay for his minutes. just a thought.  Smiley Wink

phones are expensive.... get one thats cheap and not so flashy, if hes not too excited about such a phone, he might not use it much... saving minutes and replacing phones over and over..

if i had one of these,.....

You could threaten him with an old fashioned cell phone.

Just kidding. I suggest a Motorola Tundra. It is a rugged phone that takes a beating and keeps on working. While the initial output is $180, it will take a lot of abuse. AND it ain't the fanciest they make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 3 of 6 (459 Views)
Scholar

What are your phone models, plan, and budget? You can buy go phones and put your contract sim cards in them. You can change out your smartphone to a regular phone so you can lose the data plan. If you're in the 30 day window, return it (restocking fee applies). If you're on a family plan higher than 700 minutes, you could drop to 700 minute plan and add family messaging with mobile to any mobile (only if you call mostly cell phones).
Message 4 of 6 (453 Views)

Get a second job, at&t won't do anything for you.  Should have went with verizon, they have excellent customer service.

Message 5 of 6 (415 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

There are other forums that talk about Verizon customer service being just as bad as AT&T. Just because they won't give you the answer that YOU want, does not make it bad customer service.

I have had AT&T for about 4 years after having Verizon for 8 years. Any time I called AT&T Customer Service, they recitfied my situation with little problem. I wasn't asking for the world, just to correct some things that were not billed correctly. If you are in the right, usually you will get your problem solved. If you are asking for something that Customer Service cannot supply to you, that does not make bad Customer Service

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (404 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.