Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 27, 2010
7:02:40 PM
Any USPS employees received their iPhones thru any other shipping method than USPS

After all this wait it looks like we will be on vacation when the phones arrive.  I don't want them sitting on my door step (waiting for some lucky sole to happen by - thank you fedex!)  We will have our mail on hold, so IF AT&T does ship it via USPS as they stated in their email

Shipping Carrier:

Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.
I'll be okay.  But based on the number of times in this transaction AT&T has given me false information, I just wanted to double check and see if there are any USPS employees out there (on a USPS Premiere account) that received their phone orders through another carries???

After all this wait it looks like we will be on vacation when the phones arrive.  I don't want them sitting on my door step (waiting for some lucky sole to happen by - thank you fedex!)  We will have our mail on hold, so IF AT&T does ship it via USPS as they stated in their email

Shipping Carrier:

Unless you are an employee of UPS, USPS or DHL, your shipment should ship via FedEx.
I'll be okay.  But based on the number of times in this transaction AT&T has given me false information, I just wanted to double check and see if there are any USPS employees out there (on a USPS Premiere account) that received their phone orders through another carries???

Any USPS employees received their iPhones thru any other shipping method than USPS

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 7:13:18 PM
(0)
Master

I am not an employee, however, my iP4 order is being shipped via UPS.

I am not an employee, however, my iP4 order is being shipped via UPS.

Re: Any USPS employees received their iPhones thru any other shipping method than USPS

2 of 9 (1,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 7:17:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks Irish Rose - Just another example of AT&T saying one thing and then doing something totally different.  Of course, that started with my first conversation with the AT&T rep on 7/19 who told me they were shipping within 2 days!  Smiley Surprised

Thanks Irish Rose - Just another example of AT&T saying one thing and then doing something totally different.  Of course, that started with my first conversation with the AT&T rep on 7/19 who told me they were shipping within 2 days!  Smiley Surprised

Re: Any USPS employees received their iPhones thru any other shipping method than USPS

3 of 9 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 7:24:54 PM
(0)
Master

coyote lakes golfer wrote:

Some Reps. are more knowledgeable than others, it just depends on who you talk to. That being said, I believe the 2 day shipping date time that you were given might have been from the time your order actually ships out, till the time it arrives at its destination.  I was told by AT&T that mine would arrive in 7 to 10 business days, and it looks like they are spot on from the tracking info that I'm able to see. Smiley Happy

Some Reps. are more knowledgeable than others, it just depends on who you talk to. That being said, I believe the 2 day shipping date time that you were given might have been from the time your order actually ships out, till the time it arrives at its destination.  I was told by AT&T that mine would arrive in 7 to 10 business days, and it looks like they are spot on from the tracking info that I'm able to see. Smiley Happy

4 of 9 (1,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 7:30:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
I am a USPS employee w/a premier account and mine was shipped via FedEx.

5 of 9 (1,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 8:25:25 PM
(0)
Mentor

nicnac16 wrote:

Ad there we go.........I will say, my guess is they are just trying to get these orders out ASAP and are doing the best they can to make it fast!

Guess I'll have to keep checking while I am on vacation and have a neighbor pick it up.

nicnac16 wrote:

Ad there we go.........I will say, my guess is they are just trying to get these orders out ASAP and are doing the best they can to make it fast!

Guess I'll have to keep checking while I am on vacation and have a neighbor pick it up.

6 of 9 (1,060 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 11:49:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nicnac16 wrote:

I'm in the same situation as nicnac16.

nicnac16 wrote:

I'm in the same situation as nicnac16.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 11:54:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

One  of my phones just came off backorder.  So at least I will know on that one, before I leave town, where to tell my neighbor to look for it. 

One  of my phones just came off backorder.  So at least I will know on that one, before I leave town, where to tell my neighbor to look for it. 

8 of 9 (972 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2010 3:29:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

And I get the tracing info and it is shipping UPS not USPS.  I'm sure people just appreciate getting their phones as fast as possible.

And I get the tracing info and it is shipping UPS not USPS.  I'm sure people just appreciate getting their phones as fast as possible.

9 of 9 (919 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments