Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Does anyone have know of any upcoming mid range, high end feature phones coming to AT&T?  I don't want to change my current texting and data plan by upgrading to a smart phone. I really don't need all the bells and whistles of a smart phone. I was hoping someone ( Samsung-HTC-LG ) would release one of their own OS phones within the the next few months.

Message 1 of 23

Re: Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Well I got busted!! Haha!! Before I bought the phone. My friend let me use it for a week.

Not even two days after I had my sim in it. I couldn't use the browser.

So I called tech support and they informed me they disabled that feature until I updated my data plan.

They went thru the various options I could upgrade to(Right now I pay with my work discount $23 a month for the unlimited non smartphone data, text, multimedia package)

If I changed to their lowest data plan and added the unlimited messages package I would end up paying $10 to $15 dollars more a month!

So I said never mind and have gone back to my trusty LG encore.

They tried to give me a HTC freestyle for free on a two year contract.

Gotta love AT&T!!

There better be some nice feature-brew phones coming up soon or I am thinking about jumping ship!

Message 16 of 23
Contributor

So it looks like no-one from ATT answered the post in 2 months.  The last new phone (pantech pursuit) they issued was about september of 2011.  Pretty bad when ATT managment made a promise to support this part of the division and lured customers in only to leave them hanging.

Message 17 of 23
Contributor

My Samsung impression died and I want to get a non-smart phone that I can use.  I basically will use it for facebook, twitter and email.  Hope you can help me find a phone.  I am deciding on the following phones:  Pantech Ease, Samsung Flight II or LG Xpression.  What should I get?  Thanks

Message 18 of 23
Master

madame_dragon wrote:

My Samsung impression died and I want to get a non-smart phone that I can use.  I basically will use it for facebook, twitter and email.  Hope you can help me find a phone.  I am deciding on the following phones:  Pantech Ease, Samsung Flight II or LG Xpression.  What should I get?  Thanks

Check them out in the store.  I got my daughter the LG and it is very nice. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 19 of 23
Contributor

Does she use the website options?  I have checked the "dumb" phones but it different if someone has tried using the web features.  I do not wish to pay more money for the data plan.  $10 is just the price for me.  That is why I want a non-smart phone or a dumb phone.  Thanks

Message 20 of 23
Master

madame_dragon wrote:

Does she use the website options?  I have checked the "dumb" phones but it different if someone has tried using the web features.  I do not wish to pay more money for the data plan.  $10 is just the price for me.  That is why I want a non-smart phone or a dumb phone.  Thanks

I have the data turned off due to her age and I do not want that bill.  Looking at the screen, keyboard, and durablity, it does apear to have good potential in the data area.  Again I would check it out in the store.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 23
Contributor

Okay thanks so much, I will check on it.

Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
Expert

madame_dragon..my husband has the Pantech Ease...he seems to like it.  I WISH ATT would come out with a better selection of dumbphones/messaging phones, the picking's are pretty slim anymore. Smiley Sad

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support