Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Does anyone have know of any upcoming mid range, high end feature phones coming to AT&T?  I don't want to change my current texting and data plan by upgrading to a smart phone. I really don't need all the bells and whistles of a smart phone. I was hoping someone ( Samsung-HTC-LG ) would release one of their own OS phones within the the next few months.

Message 1 of 23 (11,973 Views)

Re: Any Non-Smartphone Feature Phones Coming Out Soon?

Well I got busted!! Haha!! Before I bought the phone. My friend let me use it for a week.

Not even two days after I had my sim in it. I couldn't use the browser.

So I called tech support and they informed me they disabled that feature until I updated my data plan.

They went thru the various options I could upgrade to(Right now I pay with my work discount $23 a month for the unlimited non smartphone data, text, multimedia package)

If I changed to their lowest data plan and added the unlimited messages package I would end up paying $10 to $15 dollars more a month!

So I said never mind and have gone back to my trusty LG encore.

They tried to give me a HTC freestyle for free on a two year contract.

Gotta love AT&T!!

There better be some nice feature-brew phones coming up soon or I am thinking about jumping ship!

Message 16 of 23 (10,796 Views)
Contributor

So it looks like no-one from ATT answered the post in 2 months.  The last new phone (pantech pursuit) they issued was about september of 2011.  Pretty bad when ATT managment made a promise to support this part of the division and lured customers in only to leave them hanging.

Message 17 of 23 (10,713 Views)
Contributor

My Samsung impression died and I want to get a non-smart phone that I can use.  I basically will use it for facebook, twitter and email.  Hope you can help me find a phone.  I am deciding on the following phones:  Pantech Ease, Samsung Flight II or LG Xpression.  What should I get?  Thanks

Message 18 of 23 (9,110 Views)
Highlighted
Master

madame_dragon wrote:

My Samsung impression died and I want to get a non-smart phone that I can use.  I basically will use it for facebook, twitter and email.  Hope you can help me find a phone.  I am deciding on the following phones:  Pantech Ease, Samsung Flight II or LG Xpression.  What should I get?  Thanks

Check them out in the store.  I got my daughter the LG and it is very nice. 

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 19 of 23 (9,108 Views)
Contributor

Does she use the website options?  I have checked the "dumb" phones but it different if someone has tried using the web features.  I do not wish to pay more money for the data plan.  $10 is just the price for me.  That is why I want a non-smart phone or a dumb phone.  Thanks

Message 20 of 23 (9,103 Views)
Master

madame_dragon wrote:

Does she use the website options?  I have checked the "dumb" phones but it different if someone has tried using the web features.  I do not wish to pay more money for the data plan.  $10 is just the price for me.  That is why I want a non-smart phone or a dumb phone.  Thanks

I have the data turned off due to her age and I do not want that bill.  Looking at the screen, keyboard, and durablity, it does apear to have good potential in the data area.  Again I would check it out in the store.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 21 of 23 (9,100 Views)
Contributor

Okay thanks so much, I will check on it.

Message 22 of 23 (9,097 Views)
Expert

madame_dragon..my husband has the Pantech Ease...he seems to like it.  I WISH ATT would come out with a better selection of dumbphones/messaging phones, the picking's are pretty slim anymore. Smiley Sad

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 23 of 23 (9,065 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support