Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AntennaSearch.com

Scholar

AntennaSearch.com

This is an interesting site. You give it a street address and it reports the number of cell towers and antennas within a 4 mile radius that it can find.

Within 4 miles of my home there are 37 towers and 120 antennas. I found it interesting that some towers were about a half mile deep into the woods.
Message 1 of 6

Re: AntennaSearch.com

The one thing to keep in mind is that not all towers are owned by ATT(or have a roaming agreement with them) but it sounds fun I can see a cell phone tower right behind where I work about 500 feet away.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Scholar

Thanks for the great website, there used to be these 500ft tower around 2 miles from my house that fell during a storm earlier this year and like 7 days after it fell they had a new tower up.  Found out that the tower is owned by AT&T so that explains why they go one up so quickly.

Just a note, you have to enter your address , so I suggest that you enter your neighbors address.
Message 3 of 6
Guru

That's a great site, thanks!  It found 2 towers, 2 new tower applications and 20 antennas within 4 miles of me.  I live in a rural area (Redwood Valley, 8 miles north of Ukiah in Mendocino County) here in NW CA, so that sounds about right.

Message Edited by calif1mc on 09-23-2008 11:50:58 PM
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

Interesting site, but it doesn't locate addresses properly. In one case it was off by a half mile, in another it was off by almost 2 miles. So the results were not accurate, either, becasue the radius was off.
Message 5 of 6
Scholar

@momcat1 wrote:
Interesting site, but it doesn't locate addresses properly. In one case it was off by a half mile, in another it was off by almost 2 miles. So the results were not accurate, either, becasue the radius was off.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing with my work address. Other than that it looks like a good site.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support