Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2011
3:06:42 PM
View profile
Another Upgrade Question-Service Plan

My husband and I are on a family service plan (both with 3Gs iPhones) that doesn't expire until December this year.  If I use my available upgrade for the new 4s (husband is the main account holder and won't be upgrading at this time), do we have to sign a new service contract?  Or can we make a decision about a new service plan (or stay month-to-month) when current plan expires?

Thanks!

My husband and I are on a family service plan (both with 3Gs iPhones) that doesn't expire until December this year.  If I use my available upgrade for the new 4s (husband is the main account holder and won't be upgrading at this time), do we have to sign a new service contract?  Or can we make a decision about a new service plan (or stay month-to-month) when current plan expires?

Thanks!

Another Upgrade Question-Service Plan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 3:27:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

Each line is looked at individually on a family plan. For instance, I have 3 lines on my family account. I will be upgrading 1 tomorrow and I will have to sign a 2 year contract for that number/line of service. The other 2 lines will remain month-to-month (both are already out of contract) until I cancel them or upgrade to another phone and sign another 2 year contract.

I hope that helps.

Each line is looked at individually on a family plan. For instance, I have 3 lines on my family account. I will be upgrading 1 tomorrow and I will have to sign a 2 year contract for that number/line of service. The other 2 lines will remain month-to-month (both are already out of contract) until I cancel them or upgrade to another phone and sign another 2 year contract.

I hope that helps.

Re: Another Upgrade Question-Service Plan

2 of 4 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 3:28:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

Sharnist wrote:

Thanks!

You can change plans at anytime (you dont have to wait til your contract is up)

If you dont upgrade any of the lines then they'll both be contract-free in Dec and your plan will just continue on month-to-month -- they wont force you to change plans once your contract is up, you can continue using the same plan if you want to

If you upgrade one of the lines to the iPhone 4S then that line will have a new 2yr contract (the $200 16GB, $300 32GB, $400 64GB pricing is with a new 2yr contract) -- the other line's contract will not extend since you're not upgrading that line so that line will be contract-free in Dec

Sharnist wrote:

Thanks!

You can change plans at anytime (you dont have to wait til your contract is up)

If you dont upgrade any of the lines then they'll both be contract-free in Dec and your plan will just continue on month-to-month -- they wont force you to change plans once your contract is up, you can continue using the same plan if you want to

If you upgrade one of the lines to the iPhone 4S then that line will have a new 2yr contract (the $200 16GB, $300 32GB, $400 64GB pricing is with a new 2yr contract) -- the other line's contract will not extend since you're not upgrading that line so that line will be contract-free in Dec

3 of 4 (323 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 5:55:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the answers, guys!

Thanks for the answers, guys!