Anonymous Call Blocking?

Anonymous Call Blocking?

I'm using a Go Phone on my family talk plan. Does anyone know a way to reject all purposely blocked numbers, or how to expose the number from which they are calling?

Message 1 of 10 (10,402 Views)
Professor

Re: Anonymous Call Blocking?

[ Edited ]

Here is a thread provided by dmapr addressing a similar issue that you are facing. Pay attention to Ron_Miami's post as it is a workaround for AT&T not blocking calls of this nature. 

I hope this answers your question and helps you stop the calls.

Let us know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 10 (10,370 Views)
Contributor

Thank you!  How ridiculous is this?  MY carrier, which will block anonymous calls and work nuisance calls on land lines, refuses to do the same for cell phones - I guess they aren't regulated as heavily and AT&T can get out of providing this tiny bit of customer support.  The creep is calling MY telephone and they won't (a) block the calls or (b) research them.  The CS rep told me they can't see the blocked number, but when I suggested calling the police he said they might be able to help them.  In other words, he lied:  they have the information but won't use it unless I spend time and tax dollars to make them.  Meanwhile they happily turn over our private phone records to any yayhoo with a badge.  Customer service?  What a joke.

Message 3 of 10 (10,268 Views)
Employee

customer service cannot see past the blocked number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10 (10,264 Views)

AT&T Annoyance Call Bureau

The AT&T Annoyance Call Bureau provides customer support in the investigation of repetitive/illegal harassing, threatening, or obscene telephone calls or text/email messages received on your AT&T landline or wireless phone.
The Annoyance Call Bureau does not investigate telemarketing, collection, or other types of electronically generated calls. These calls are not illegal and there are AT&T Landline, Wireless and Messaging products and services available to assist customers in managing these types of unwanted or annoying phone calls.

You can report the annoying calls to att for investigation. The CSR was correct, reps are not able to view the origination of a blocked call. And there is no way to block a blocked caller from calling your wireless device. You may use the "call reject" option on your cellphone to reject the call.

Message 5 of 10 (10,255 Views)
Contributor

I agree! Verizon does it and I loved it. I hope they change it. I HATE blocked calls.

Message 6 of 10 (10,197 Views)
Teacher

in regards to this, unfortunately we dont have access to that. Even with a court order we cannot provide it because its information our systems do not store. you can always check your bill or your usage online on your mywireless account when a blocked number calls it just reads as a call recieved from your own number.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 10 (10,171 Views)
Professor

Wow!  It's great to see I'm still remembered around here.

Message 8 of 10 (10,149 Views)
Professor

Ron_Miami wrote:

Wow!  It's great to see I'm still remembered around here.

Who can forget a Miami boy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 9 of 10 (10,135 Views)

insanesugarpain wrote:
The CSR was correct, reps are not able to view the origination of a blocked call.

missanna wrote:

in regards to this, unfortunately we dont have access to that. Even with a court order we cannot provide it because its information our systems do not store. 

Really? I had an issue of harassment with T-Mobile years ago (blocked number calling me, and a 4-digit number texting me constantly). I called, they saw the records (hundreds of calls/texts over the past several days), and initiated a block. I asked what phone number it was ('cause you know... I want to know who's doing this to me), but the rep told me she couldn't tell me what number it was; just that she can block it.

Afterwards, didn't get any calls nor texts.

Is that an AT&T-only policy...?

Message 10 of 10 (10,122 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.