Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 27, 2010
9:49:19 AM
Android client for Family Map service

If you have an Android phone you may like it. The app is an alternative to web mobile client. It displays location result on Google Maps. Search Market for "AT&T Family Map" or just for "ATT".

If you have an Android phone you may like it. The app is an alternative to web mobile client. It displays location result on Google Maps. Search Market for "AT&T Family Map" or just for "ATT".

Android client for Family Map service

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 5:24:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had to rename the application to do not use AT&T in the title because  I received a trademarks infringement note.

New name is "Family Locator (A)". Same happened to Verizon version.

I had to rename the application to do not use AT&T in the title because  I received a trademarks infringement note.

New name is "Family Locator (A)". Same happened to Verizon version.

Re: Android client for Family Map service

2 of 7 (3,854 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 6:02:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

What happened to the app? It force closes now and isn't in the market any longer. I just bought this app and now it's useless. Refunds?

What happened to the app? It force closes now and isn't in the market any longer. I just bought this app and now it's useless. Refunds?

3 of 7 (3,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 7:36:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

ATT forced Google to suspend application for using their trademark. I had to publish it by new name "Family Locator". Just updated Demo version yesterday. You can pass location to Google Maps now by pressing holding  located position for 1-3 sec.  Non-demo version is will be updated in a day or two.

ATT forced Google to suspend application for using their trademark. I had to publish it by new name "Family Locator". Just updated Demo version yesterday. You can pass location to Google Maps now by pressing holding  located position for 1-3 sec.  Non-demo version is will be updated in a day or two.

4 of 7 (3,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2010 7:44:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

If somebody purchased old application which was suspended feel free to request a refund via Google Checkout.

If somebody purchased old application which was suspended feel free to request a refund via Google Checkout.

5 of 7 (3,676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 12:39:22 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by donohue on Feb 28, 2011 at 12:39:38 PM

I can't find an AT&T family map client for android.  Is this still available?  If it isn't, when will there be one?

I can't find an AT&T family map client for android.  Is this still available?  If it isn't, when will there be one?

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (1,983 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 12:44:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry, ATT forced me to take it down. Only Verizon and Sprint versions are available now which should not be searchable on ATT phones.

Sorry, ATT forced me to take it down. Only Verizon and Sprint versions are available now which should not be searchable on ATT phones.

7 of 7 (1,979 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments