Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Android Tablets

Master

Android Tablets

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. ๐Ÿ˜› You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 151
Professor

Re: Android Tablets

Toshiba has good products too, so they will do well in the tablet arena

Message 16 of 151
Master

I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„
Probably from mobile, maybe. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 17 of 151
Professor

@Ann154 wrote:
I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„

"That thing got a HIMI?.. Vrrrrrooooom! " I do agree, that would be the ultimate tablet, with all that juice! By December, some tempting devices should be available!
Message 18 of 151
Professor

my xoom has all ofthat. granted I had to root and use a custom kernal to access the sdcard slot but it works lol
Message 19 of 151
Master

And I would prefer to not have to root every android device that I own.
Message 20 of 151
Professor

I havent rooted the streak yet....... But starting to get tempting ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 21 of 151
Master

I would never root my Captivate or any other future Android phone I may have. Sacrificing the warranty is too risky as a prepaid user if my phone ever were to conk out on me unexpectedly. Leave the roots in the ground! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 22 of 151
Master

I only did on the my first android phone because it was going to be stuck with Eclair (2.1) and it was easy to do. I waited until I had it for over a year, too. I was considering it on the Aria if I had kept it. The current phone is stock and staying that way until I get Gingerbread for sure. I will re-reevaluate at that point and research the exact process then.
Message 23 of 151
Master

Oh! I think someone just upped the ante on the tablets wars.

http://m.androidcentral.com/archos-announces-pair-g9-android-honeycomb-tablets

Price Point! internal memory size! Need more details, but I love it!
Message 24 of 151
Professor

Ohhh no they dihh-int try and out do MYyyy Dell streak! But looks like they did, and THEN some :D. How come other countries get these new toys long before we get to see one in any US stores? I is mad
Message 25 of 151
Master

Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read the price and the availability of that size of hard drive. Now if it has memory card support and usb drive support... *rubs palms together* so tempting ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 26 of 151
Professor

I am about to defect over
Message 27 of 151
Master

Defect over? Huh?
Message 28 of 151
Professor

Lol, with a nice screen size as that, and the specs along with thag great price? Id probably make an easy defect from the streak to one of these. But I just love the phone/tablet combo of the streak
Message 29 of 151
Master

You can always use the Streak as your main device and get a wifi version of those tablets.
Message 30 of 151
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support