Android Tablets

Master

Android Tablets

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 151 (4,799 Views)
Professor

Re: Android Tablets

Hope I am not repeating a post that may already have been added. But theres talks about another Tablet/Phone combo like the Streak! And WB, guess what its called?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1174316
Message 76 of 151 (404 Views)
Master

Nope hadn't seen that one before, Rico! Innterestting!
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 77 of 151 (400 Views)
Master

I had thought it was going to be called the 'Donut" before I read it. Turns out, I was wrong. Smiley Very Happy

From the sounds of it, it sounds pretty cool... But it should be a tablet, not a smartphone. A 5.3" screen is way too large to be on a cell phone. To me, the max for a smartphone should be 4", if even. Even that's a relatively large screen.

Message 78 of 151 (394 Views)
Professor

Mine has a 5" screen , worksgreat as a phone too. When talking, I sometimes put it on phone or computer speakers while web browsing or playing a game. Other times just use bluetooth for calls. But at times ive held the device to my ear, surprisingly not awkward.
Message 79 of 151 (391 Views)
Master

I don't know. A 4.3" screen is pretty nice!
Message 80 of 151 (391 Views)
Professor

OK, I joined this thread late!  I have the Motorola XOOM, cellular version.  Aside from the delays in Motorola fulfilling their promises to us, I like the tablet.

If I didn't have a tablet already, I would wait to see what the Padfone has to offer.  This could be cool for someone that wants to upgrade a phone and get a tablet at the same time.  The downside is that it could be expensive, but we'll see.

Shout out to Wild Banchi for mentioning the HTC Sensation 4G.  I have it and it's my favorite phone to date!

Message 81 of 151 (427 Views)
Master

21stNow wrote:

OK, I joined this thread late!  I have the Motorola XOOM, cellular version.  Aside from the delays in Motorola fulfilling their promises to us, I like the tablet.

If I didn't have a tablet already, I would wait to see what the Padfone has to offer.  This could be cool for someone that wants to upgrade a phone and get a tablet at the same time.  The downside is that it could be expensive, but we'll see.

Shout out to Wild Banchi for mentioning the HTC Sensation 4G.  I have it and it's my favorite phone to date!

Glad to hear that you like your Xoom. Here's another die-hard Android user, guys. From a tablet to phones, you name it. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the shout out. I'd personally like to get my hands on a Sensation to see what it's like. Sometimes the curiosity gets the best out of a person. Smiley Happy

Message 82 of 151 (424 Views)
Professor

Just trying it out in the store doesn't do it justice.  I had been waiting on this phone since February, when the codename was the HTC Pyramid.  I tried it in the store and was underwhelmed.  But I bought it anyway on June 15th, when it came out.  After I got it home and set it up, I was ecstatic with the phone!  I have a long story to my Sensation experience that I won't bore you all with, but it's a good phone.

Message 83 of 151 (420 Views)
Professor

Hey, I have been soooo busy lately, I am missing all the latest. Congrats 21! Welcome to the Android world. 1000x better than the old versions of winmo! No choppy, hanging or sticky navigation. And I dont miss that intermitted "buffering"..

Regardimg tablets. You got yourself a very good one!
Message 84 of 151 (417 Views)
Master

Soooo does anyone want to fork over the cash for AT&T's newest tablet? It has LTE...

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-announces-jetstream-htcs-first-honeycomb-tablet-available-sept-4-699...
Message 85 of 151 (396 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Oooh LAWWWD NAW! Thats waaaay too much $$$! just to "say" I got an lte device? Thsts pratically over $700 big ones , more than id pay for a tablet that cant make calls or pour me coffee! Id rather buy a cputer or laptop- or both, before I would sink about $1,000 for that setup. Whats att thinking? Whew!

Message 86 of 151 (394 Views)
Master

The 32 GB ipad2 is $729 and the 64 GB ipad2 is $829. All I can say is that the pricing is inline with the "it" tablets.

Still it is a lot of green for some glass and plastic.
Message 87 of 151 (384 Views)
Professor

I think for that much it better drive my car too. Nope id rather be a non "it" then to fork a thousand just to hobnob with an "it" crowd
Message 88 of 151 (382 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
I was just looking at the Best Buy advertisement, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab with the 7" display is only $279.99. Now THAT'S what I call affordable! It's a Wi-Fi only model, but hey, who wants to worry about 3G data? Smiley Wink

I wouldn't be willing to pay that much for the Jetstream. Sorry HTC and AT&T.

Message 89 of 151 (380 Views)
Professor

That HTC is sweeet, but the Galaxy is more my price comfort zone. If only these tabs had calling capabilities. I guess I got spoiled.
Message 90 of 151 (375 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.