Helpful Links

Android Tablets

Master

Android Tablets

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 151
Professor

Re: Android Tablets

Hope I am not repeating a post that may already have been added. But theres talks about another Tablet/Phone combo like the Streak! And WB, guess what its called?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1174316
Message 76 of 151
Master

Nope hadn't seen that one before, Rico! Innterestting!
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 77 of 151
Master

I had thought it was going to be called the 'Donut" before I read it. Turns out, I was wrong. Smiley Very Happy

From the sounds of it, it sounds pretty cool... But it should be a tablet, not a smartphone. A 5.3" screen is way too large to be on a cell phone. To me, the max for a smartphone should be 4", if even. Even that's a relatively large screen.

Message 78 of 151
Professor

Mine has a 5" screen , worksgreat as a phone too. When talking, I sometimes put it on phone or computer speakers while web browsing or playing a game. Other times just use bluetooth for calls. But at times ive held the device to my ear, surprisingly not awkward.
Message 79 of 151
Master

I don't know. A 4.3" screen is pretty nice!
Message 80 of 151
Professor

OK, I joined this thread late!  I have the Motorola XOOM, cellular version.  Aside from the delays in Motorola fulfilling their promises to us, I like the tablet.

If I didn't have a tablet already, I would wait to see what the Padfone has to offer.  This could be cool for someone that wants to upgrade a phone and get a tablet at the same time.  The downside is that it could be expensive, but we'll see.

Shout out to Wild Banchi for mentioning the HTC Sensation 4G.  I have it and it's my favorite phone to date!

Message 81 of 151
Master

21stNow wrote:

OK, I joined this thread late!  I have the Motorola XOOM, cellular version.  Aside from the delays in Motorola fulfilling their promises to us, I like the tablet.

If I didn't have a tablet already, I would wait to see what the Padfone has to offer.  This could be cool for someone that wants to upgrade a phone and get a tablet at the same time.  The downside is that it could be expensive, but we'll see.

Shout out to Wild Banchi for mentioning the HTC Sensation 4G.  I have it and it's my favorite phone to date!

Glad to hear that you like your Xoom. Here's another die-hard Android user, guys. From a tablet to phones, you name it. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the shout out. I'd personally like to get my hands on a Sensation to see what it's like. Sometimes the curiosity gets the best out of a person. Smiley Happy

Message 82 of 151
Professor

Just trying it out in the store doesn't do it justice.  I had been waiting on this phone since February, when the codename was the HTC Pyramid.  I tried it in the store and was underwhelmed.  But I bought it anyway on June 15th, when it came out.  After I got it home and set it up, I was ecstatic with the phone!  I have a long story to my Sensation experience that I won't bore you all with, but it's a good phone.

Message 83 of 151
Professor

Hey, I have been soooo busy lately, I am missing all the latest. Congrats 21! Welcome to the Android world. 1000x better than the old versions of winmo! No choppy, hanging or sticky navigation. And I dont miss that intermitted "buffering"..

Regardimg tablets. You got yourself a very good one!
Message 84 of 151
Master

Soooo does anyone want to fork over the cash for AT&T's newest tablet? It has LTE...

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-announces-jetstream-htcs-first-honeycomb-tablet-available-sept-4-699...
Message 85 of 151
Professor

Oooh LAWWWD NAW! Thats waaaay too much $$$! just to "say" I got an lte device? Thsts pratically over $700 big ones , more than id pay for a tablet that cant make calls or pour me coffee! Id rather buy a cputer or laptop- or both, before I would sink about $1,000 for that setup. Whats att thinking? Whew!

.images-7.jpeg

Message 86 of 151
Master

The 32 GB ipad2 is $729 and the 64 GB ipad2 is $829. All I can say is that the pricing is inline with the "it" tablets.

Still it is a lot of green for some glass and plastic.
Message 87 of 151
Professor

I think for that much it better drive my car too. Nope id rather be a non "it" then to fork a thousand just to hobnob with an "it" crowd
Message 88 of 151
Master

I was just looking at the Best Buy advertisement, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab with the 7" display is only $279.99. Now THAT'S what I call affordable! It's a Wi-Fi only model, but hey, who wants to worry about 3G data? Smiley Wink

I wouldn't be willing to pay that much for the Jetstream. Sorry HTC and AT&T.

Message 89 of 151
Professor

That HTC is sweeet, but the Galaxy is more my price comfort zone. If only these tabs had calling capabilities. I guess I got spoiled.
Message 90 of 151
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support