Android Tablets

Master

Android Tablets

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 151 (4,840 Views)
Master

Re: Android Tablets

What advantages would Honeycomb have over it instead of HTC Sense/Gingerbread? Sorry, I don't know much about these special technologies. Heh heh...

Message 61 of 151 (415 Views)
Master

Gingerbread is Android 2.3 and was designed for phones.

Honeycomb is Android 3.0 and is optimized for tablets.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 62 of 151 (413 Views)
Professor

Thats correct the latter is for a better tablet optimization
Message 63 of 151 (406 Views)
Master

Okay. That makes sense. Because tablets are supposed to (or at least should be) more advanced than smartphones, that's why it should have the Honeycomb version. I got it. Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 151 (403 Views)
Master

I have nothing against using FroYo or Gingerbread for a tablet. I just would prefer an OS that is designed for the larger screen and usage of a tablet.
Message 65 of 151 (398 Views)
Master

Yep, that's fine. I honestly don't blame you for wanting a more advanced OS. Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 151 (394 Views)
Professor

Plus, the bigger the screen, the crisp you want the display and for graphics to fit accordingly. Using a version on a tab thats designed for a phone screen/orientation, may not be as clear when attempting to 'stretch to fill the screen'... (thats just a scenario)
Message 67 of 151 (389 Views)
Master

Hmmm, a 10" HTC tablet with AT&T bands plus LTE? Will it be enough to lure me back?

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-puccini-tablet-goes-through-fcc
Message 68 of 151 (382 Views)
Professor

GIT one, Ann(droid154)!
Message 69 of 151 (378 Views)
Master

I like this one, also. It's cool that it's AT&T branded, also. Although, I wonder if HTC was going Italian on this name - Puccini? Hmm...

Message 70 of 151 (375 Views)
Professor

The name makes me hungry... Hmmm must be doing better, havent "felt" hungry enough to say that in days!
Message 71 of 151 (419 Views)
Master

You know what's funny, I haven't been very much either, lately. But my situation is different from your's. Smiley Surprised

Message 72 of 151 (418 Views)
Professor

Hey there, WB, I sure wouldnt wish this last week or so, on anyone! Hope you arent coming down with a summer bug and feel better soon too.

Maybe if we ALLL drool over the specs of this HTC tablet will help keep our minds off things Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Surprised
Message 73 of 151 (416 Views)
Master

Sounds good to me! Smiley Very Happy

It'd be cool to have one of these.

Message 74 of 151 (414 Views)
Master

Yep! The Christmas season is going to be interesting for tablet choices.
Message 75 of 151 (409 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.