Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 15, 2011
4:59:11 PM
View profile
Android Tablets
Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Android Tablets

150 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(150)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 2:05:03 AM
(0)
Employee
100% of my posts are posted from my xoom since I've gotten it back in March. it replaced my netbook
100% of my posts are posted from my xoom since I've gotten it back in March. it replaced my netbook
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Android Tablets

2 of 151 (4,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2011 3:13:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Sweet. Smiley Wink I'm using an iPod Touch to post here, but it's not Android, unfortunately. The Xoom is also neat-looking. I thought it would be much larger in person than when I saw it in commercials/advertisements, but it actually didn't look very big yesterday - almost the perfect size for a tablet.

Sweet. Smiley Wink I'm using an iPod Touch to post here, but it's not Android, unfortunately. The Xoom is also neat-looking. I thought it would be much larger in person than when I saw it in commercials/advertisements, but it actually didn't look very big yesterday - almost the perfect size for a tablet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 151 (4,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 2:54:03 AM
(0)
Employee
yup perfect size. heavier than the other honeycomb tablets but its built tough and not flimsy at all.
yup perfect size. heavier than the other honeycomb tablets but its built tough and not flimsy at all.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 151 (4,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 3:38:41 AM
(0)
Master
The Samsung 10.1 Tab looked pretty nice too. Especially the ones that were given away at Google IO 2011. Or the Asus Transformer tablet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
The Samsung 10.1 Tab looked pretty nice too. Especially the ones that were given away at Google IO 2011. Or the Asus Transformer tablet.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 151 (4,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 10:48:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

I saw that ATT is suppose to be getting a 10" HTC tablet w/LTE this summer. It's got the code name Puccini and is based on the HTC flyer which has the stylus.

PhoneArena has more details.

I saw that ATT is suppose to be getting a 10" HTC tablet w/LTE this summer. It's got the code name Puccini and is based on the HTC flyer which has the stylus.

PhoneArena has more details.

6 of 151 (4,420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 2:25:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Interesting... Sounds Italian? Smiley Very Happy

Interesting... Sounds Italian? Smiley Very Happy

7 of 151 (4,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 5:11:16 PM
(0)
Professor
How did i miss out on this good topic? I was in Detroit over the weekend (my grandmom funeral)..... WB, you know my take on the android tablet Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink Dell Streak Tablet/Phone!
How did i miss out on this good topic? I was in Detroit over the weekend (my grandmom funeral)..... WB, you know my take on the android tablet Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink Dell Streak Tablet/Phone!
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

8 of 151 (4,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 7:45:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes. It has a good compact size for a phone, while it has nothing to hide and lots to offer as a "tablet". Smiley Wink

Yes. It has a good compact size for a phone, while it has nothing to hide and lots to offer as a "tablet". Smiley Wink

9 of 151 (4,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 8:05:24 PM
(0)
Professor
Yep, even today it still feels new! Then again all androids are just as customizable. I tried playing with my old tilt and the screen does seem way too tiny.
Yep, even today it still feels new! Then again all androids are just as customizable. I tried playing with my old tilt and the screen does seem way too tiny.

10 of 151 (4,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 8:29:26 PM
(0)
Master
This Android tablet is looking tempting now too. Choices, choices.

http://www.androidcentral.com/toshiba-talks-about-thrive-latest-101-inch-android-tablet
This Android tablet is looking tempting now too. Choices, choices.

http://www.androidcentral.com/toshiba-talks-about-thrive-latest-101-inch-android-tablet

11 of 151 (1,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 1:58:14 AM
(0)
Professor
I am drooling.... Very nice.
I am drooling.... Very nice.

12 of 151 (1,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 2:16:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Not too bad looking. It looks sort of like the Xoom and iPad, in a way.

Not too bad looking. It looks sort of like the Xoom and iPad, in a way.

13 of 151 (1,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 2:23:55 AM
(0)
Professor
Yeah, like a combo of the two. Its got the hugest screen, I like it. They keep up the size war and we will be back to the laptop Smiley Wink
Yeah, like a combo of the two. Its got the hugest screen, I like it. They keep up the size war and we will be back to the laptop Smiley Wink

14 of 151 (1,140 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 3:57:10 AM
(0)
Master
I like the Toshiba tablet because it's smaller model has a nicer price point and includes a full size sd slot and other ports. Things that are still missing officially from the Xoom.
I like the Toshiba tablet because it's smaller model has a nicer price point and includes a full size sd slot and other ports. Things that are still missing officially from the Xoom.

15 of 151 (1,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 2:55:28 AM
(0)
Professor

Toshiba has good products too, so they will do well in the tablet arena

Toshiba has good products too, so they will do well in the tablet arena

16 of 151 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 11:13:29 AM
(0)
Master
I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

17 of 151 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 11:37:56 AM
(0)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:

"That thing got a HIMI?.. Vrrrrrooooom! " I do agree, that would be the ultimate tablet, with all that juice! By December, some tempting devices should be available!

Ann154 wrote:

"That thing got a HIMI?.. Vrrrrrooooom! " I do agree, that would be the ultimate tablet, with all that juice! By December, some tempting devices should be available!

18 of 151 (1,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 4:07:37 AM
(0)
Employee
my xoom has all ofthat. granted I had to root and use a custom kernal to access the sdcard slot but it works lol
my xoom has all ofthat. granted I had to root and use a custom kernal to access the sdcard slot but it works lol

19 of 151 (1,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 4:21:45 AM
(0)
Master
And I would prefer to not have to root every android device that I own.
And I would prefer to not have to root every android device that I own.

20 of 151 (1,111 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 4:57:17 AM
(0)
Professor
I havent rooted the streak yet....... But starting to get tempting Smiley Wink
I havent rooted the streak yet....... But starting to get tempting Smiley Wink

21 of 151 (1,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 10:40:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
I would never root my Captivate or any other future Android phone I may have. Sacrificing the warranty is too risky as a prepaid user if my phone ever were to conk out on me unexpectedly. Leave the roots in the ground! Smiley Wink

I would never root my Captivate or any other future Android phone I may have. Sacrificing the warranty is too risky as a prepaid user if my phone ever were to conk out on me unexpectedly. Leave the roots in the ground! Smiley Wink

22 of 151 (1,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2011 11:34:58 AM
(0)
Master
I only did on the my first android phone because it was going to be stuck with Eclair (2.1) and it was easy to do. I waited until I had it for over a year, too. I was considering it on the Aria if I had kept it. The current phone is stock and staying that way until I get Gingerbread for sure. I will re-reevaluate at that point and research the exact process then.
I only did on the my first android phone because it was going to be stuck with Eclair (2.1) and it was easy to do. I waited until I had it for over a year, too. I was considering it on the Aria if I had kept it. The current phone is stock and staying that way until I get Gingerbread for sure. I will re-reevaluate at that point and research the exact process then.

23 of 151 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 10:56:38 AM
(0)
Master
Oh! I think someone just upped the ante on the tablets wars.

http://m.androidcentral.com/archos-announces-pair-g9-android-honeycomb-tablets

Price Point! internal memory size! Need more details, but I love it!
Oh! I think someone just upped the ante on the tablets wars.

http://m.androidcentral.com/archos-announces-pair-g9-android-honeycomb-tablets

Price Point! internal memory size! Need more details, but I love it!

24 of 151 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 11:09:06 AM
(0)
Professor
Ohhh no they dihh-int try and out do MYyyy Dell streak! But looks like they did, and THEN some Smiley Very Happy. How come other countries get these new toys long before we get to see one in any US stores? I is mad
Ohhh no they dihh-int try and out do MYyyy Dell streak! But looks like they did, and THEN some Smiley Very Happy. How come other countries get these new toys long before we get to see one in any US stores? I is mad

25 of 151 (994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 12:36:22 PM
(0)
Master
Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read the price and the availability of that size of hard drive. Now if it has memory card support and usb drive support... *rubs palms together* so tempting Smiley Very Happy
Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read the price and the availability of that size of hard drive. Now if it has memory card support and usb drive support... *rubs palms together* so tempting Smiley Very Happy

26 of 151 (991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 12:50:48 PM
(0)
Professor
I am about to defect over
I am about to defect over

27 of 151 (989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 12:56:34 PM
(0)
Master
Defect over? Huh?
Defect over? Huh?

28 of 151 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 1:03:51 PM
(0)
Professor
Lol, with a nice screen size as that, and the specs along with thag great price? Id probably make an easy defect from the streak to one of these. But I just love the phone/tablet combo of the streak
Lol, with a nice screen size as that, and the specs along with thag great price? Id probably make an easy defect from the streak to one of these. But I just love the phone/tablet combo of the streak

29 of 151 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 23, 2011 1:29:04 PM
(0)
Master
You can always use the Streak as your main device and get a wifi version of those tablets.
You can always use the Streak as your main device and get a wifi version of those tablets.

30 of 151 (981 Views)