Android Tablets

Master

Android Tablets

Does anyone own/played around with an Android powered tablet, yet? I think they're actually pretty cool. Today I went to Staples and noticed the Motorola Xoom and Dell Streak 7 tablets on display.

I went with trying out the Streak 7 because it was the closest to me. Smiley Tongue You know, that thing is actually pretty cool! A good size and pretty easy to work. I didn't know it had a camera, so that was kind of cool. And it's pretty much just like my phone, so there's more Android at it's finest!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 151 (4,794 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Android Tablets

Toshiba has good products too, so they will do well in the tablet arena

Message 16 of 151 (1,192 Views)
Master

I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 151 (1,186 Views)
Professor

Ann154 wrote:
I am beginning to think I need to hold my urge to get a tablet until at least the months before Christmas. There should be quite a selection then and hopefully some lower prices.

All I know that I want for sure is the sd card support, dual core, decent ram, min of 8 GB internal memory, wifi and as close to stock Honeycomb as I can get. It can be a 7" screen and I would be satisfied. 10" would be better of course. Smiley Happy Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

"That thing got a HIMI?.. Vrrrrrooooom! " I do agree, that would be the ultimate tablet, with all that juice! By December, some tempting devices should be available!
Message 18 of 151 (1,182 Views)
Employee

my xoom has all ofthat. granted I had to root and use a custom kernal to access the sdcard slot but it works lol
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 151 (1,173 Views)
Master

And I would prefer to not have to root every android device that I own.
Message 20 of 151 (1,171 Views)
Professor

I havent rooted the streak yet....... But starting to get tempting Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 151 (1,071 Views)
Master

I would never root my Captivate or any other future Android phone I may have. Sacrificing the warranty is too risky as a prepaid user if my phone ever were to conk out on me unexpectedly. Leave the roots in the ground! Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 22 of 151 (1,069 Views)
Master

I only did on the my first android phone because it was going to be stuck with Eclair (2.1) and it was easy to do. I waited until I had it for over a year, too. I was considering it on the Aria if I had kept it. The current phone is stock and staying that way until I get Gingerbread for sure. I will re-reevaluate at that point and research the exact process then.
Message 23 of 151 (1,066 Views)
Master

Oh! I think someone just upped the ante on the tablets wars.

http://m.androidcentral.com/archos-announces-pair-g9-android-honeycomb-tablets

Price Point! internal memory size! Need more details, but I love it!
Message 24 of 151 (1,057 Views)
Professor

Ohhh no they dihh-int try and out do MYyyy Dell streak! But looks like they did, and THEN some Smiley Very Happy. How come other countries get these new toys long before we get to see one in any US stores? I is mad
Message 25 of 151 (1,054 Views)
Master

Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read the price and the availability of that size of hard drive. Now if it has memory card support and usb drive support... *rubs palms together* so tempting Smiley Very Happy
Message 26 of 151 (1,051 Views)
Professor

I am about to defect over
Message 27 of 151 (1,049 Views)
Master

Defect over? Huh?
Message 28 of 151 (1,048 Views)
Professor

Lol, with a nice screen size as that, and the specs along with thag great price? Id probably make an easy defect from the streak to one of these. But I just love the phone/tablet combo of the streak
Message 29 of 151 (1,046 Views)
Master

You can always use the Streak as your main device and get a wifi version of those tablets.
Message 30 of 151 (1,041 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.