Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2010
12:58:48 PM
View profile
Android App for turning off 3g?

Hello,

I have a Captivate and I want to turn off the 3g that uses my data, is there an app to turn it off?  I tried, APNdroid, but I don't think it works for the Captivate, are there any other apps? 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a Captivate and I want to turn off the 3g that uses my data, is there an app to turn it off?  I tried, APNdroid, but I don't think it works for the Captivate, are there any other apps? 

Thanks

Android App for turning off 3g?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 1:56:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by picoturtle on Sep 5, 2010 at 2:02:15 PM

These work for me on the Captivate: Smoda - on/off widget. NetSchedule - scheduled on/off. There's probably more... The APN types don't work though.

These work for me on the Captivate: Smoda - on/off widget. NetSchedule - scheduled on/off. There's probably more... The APN types don't work though.

Re: Android App for turning off 3g?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 7:22:34 PM
(0)
Voyager

Juice Defender on the Market. Go to the android forums and search for it. Follow the instructions from the poster and it will give you a toggle on your home screen to turn 3g on and off. It does not drop down to 2g or Edge. It just eliminates all data. If you want MMS, data needs to be on, but it does not for SMS.

Juice Defender on the Market. Go to the android forums and search for it. Follow the instructions from the poster and it will give you a toggle on your home screen to turn 3g on and off. It does not drop down to 2g or Edge. It just eliminates all data. If you want MMS, data needs to be on, but it does not for SMS.

Re: Android App for turning off 3g?

3 of 3 (1,813 Views)