Android 4.0 question.

Contributor

Android 4.0 question.

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if the AT&T Fusion (U8652) gophone supports android 4.0? And if so how can I upgrade to it. I checked ehow already and for some reason my phone doesn't have "System updates" to click like it says to checked various other sources as well to no avail. If someone can tell me how to manually update to 4.0 that would be great.

Message 1 of 3 (1,711 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Android 4.0 question.

Hi there!

By looking into the specs of the device you mentioned, it does not seem to meet the system requirements for Android 4.0.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,670 Views)

Re: Android 4.0 question.

NightScream42 wrote:

Does anyone know if the AT&T Fusion (U8652) gophone supports android 4.0? And if so how can I upgrade to it. I checked ehow already and for some reason my phone doesn't have "System updates" to click like it says to checked various other sources as well to no avail. If someone can tell me how to manually update to 4.0 that would be great.

Bad news is that not even flagship devices have received ICS updates - I'm guessing the answer for 4.0 on a gophone is "never".

Especially one with specs as low as that.

It's also from Huawei, which is another bad sign.  Huawei is infamous for shovelwaring Android devices with horrible firmware and never updating it, not even bugfix releases of the same Android major version.

(Yes - disgruntled Huawei S7 owner here...)

Message 3 of 3 (1,626 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.