Android 2.2 Build leaked and seems to work great

Tutor

Android 2.2 Build leaked and seems to work great

Hey Just a heads up team, seems someone at ATT/Samsung leaked a final build of 2.2 Froyo to the nets.  Androidcentral.com has the article and instructions for those brave enough to void your warranty.  I can say I have done it to my phone and it works beautifully.  GPS bugs seem to be squashed completly and the phone runs like a dream.  Only thing I see as being pesky is the need to undo then re-install when it goes out OTA. 

If you follwo the instructions on the web, make sure you download all the official drivers from Samsung's website.  The ones they link you to on the forums dont seem to work well with Windows 7.  Other than that, you guys have fun!Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 6 (1,911 Views)
Scholar

Re: Android 2.2 Build leaked and seems to work great

I can second that, I loaded it on mine and it's awesome!

Message 2 of 6 (1,714 Views)
Explorer

I"ll third that...downloaded it last night and so far, it's awesome!!!  I'm actually getting my Exchange emails with no crashing from the native email client.  If 2.2 fixes this, everything else is just gravy.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6 (1,667 Views)
Teacher

There are some ForceClose issues that pop up if you try to reinstall settings from Titanium Backup or its ilk, but otherwise its a pretty smooth rom.  Rooting / LagFix / usual goodies are still being dialed in, so expect a bumpy ride if you like to be on the bleeding edge.

Message 4 of 6 (1,502 Views)
Mentor

This was leaked from outside the U.S. as is not an official AT&T build. To top it off it is super glitchy in 80% of cases, head over to XDA and do some research before you come to a AT&T forum and convince people to flash roms to their phones. This thing is beta at best, and there are long lists of problems, from no volume to no 3G, right on down to confirmations that GPS is not fixed. Once again this is not a FINAL build.  

Message 5 of 6 (1,416 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

You are right seems the volume isnt as loud on notification rings. 3g works just fine and gps locks quick when you arent in a moving car. I tried on the fly while on the highway and it still cant lock. Wifi tethering is enabled on the OS side and works without a tethering plan. Also this root is reversable, just keep the file on your computer and use the other button to revert to stock.
Message 6 of 6 (1,185 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.