Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G roaming problems

Contributor

Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G roaming problems

I have an Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G with a free worldwide 3G and AT&T SIM (device code B006). 

About a month ago all 3G/GPRS services completely stopped working were I live, Shadrinsk (Russia) - this territorry is served by VimpelCom subsidiary, the Beeline company. I still can browse a list of operators but when I'm trying to connect to any of them I get "National roaming not allowed".

The device is just about 7 months old and 3G/GRPS was 100% working in this region about a month ago - it was very same software, very same hardware and very same location.

I spent a few days trying to solve this problem with Amazon support (fullreset, switching carriers, switching firmware) but I didn't get anything. Assuming I wasn't blacklisted or something (SIM Status: valid, PIN okay, R3) the only problem left is a local carrier - Beeline. I wrote a letter to Beeline but so far they didn't even bother to answer.

Could you please explain what happened with the roaming? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (1,311 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Amazon Kindle Keyboard 3G roaming problems

I'm sorry you're having issues with service on your Kindle. While the issue may well lie with the local carrier, you can contact AT&T International support by dialing +1-916-843-4685 and provide the following information: 

Where you are located.
The type of issue you are having.
You contact phone number.

I hope this helps. I encourage you to continue following up with the local carrier as well.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (1,291 Views)
Contributor

I don't think this is an acceptable solution (doubt I can afford using US landline). Anybody else?

Message 3 of 6 (1,249 Views)
Master

interligator wrote:

I don't think this is an acceptable solution (doubt I can afford using US landline). Anybody else?

Use Skype to make the call.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 4 of 6 (1,234 Views)
Former Community Manager

youngjm's suggestion is a good one. 

I would work on your local provider first though. If the issue is with them, we will not be able to assist. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (1,212 Views)
Highlighted

Considering Jamileh is one of the AT&T employees here, you're probably not going to get a more acceptable solution. As someone else suggested, you can use Skype or Google Voice or Viber or any of a number of VOIP applications that allow you to make international calls to landlines inexpensively.

I just went to the Kindle Keyboard 3G page on Amazon, and they are currently NOT shipping to the Russian Federation. Sounds to me like there's some issue with the local carriers, or some kind of trade issue.

interligator wrote:

Message 6 of 6 (1,199 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.