Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Professor

Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Just got email. the Amazon Appstore for Android has launched today. Not sure how many can use it if your android has the ATT lockdown.  I think i can install on this phone , got it direct from Dell via amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

Message 1 of 26
Contributor

Re: Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Good ole ATT. First we can't get any updates for Android OS, now a new store opens up and that is blocked. Nice feeling sorry for T-Mobile customers who have had it made and will have to come over to the dark side.

Message 2 of 26
Master

Cool! Now I can finally get my thumbs on some Angry Birds! Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 26
Professor

LOLx500! That post sound like you are about to EAT them. I could go for some Kentuck FriedAngry Bird right now.... Hmmm
Message 4 of 26
Master

RicoLX wrote:
LOLx500! That post sound like you are about to EAT them. I could go for some Kentuck FriedAngry Bird right now.... Hmmm

Nope. Smiley Very Happy Just some good ol' fashioned Angry Birds. With the addition of the Rio, it should be even more exciting to play. I wonder when I can get that downloaded from iTunes/Android Market?

It would be interesting to see which apps the new Amazon App Store has in stock. It's probably not as convenient/well-stocked as the Android Market, but I'm sure there are still some good ones. Maybe even some new ones that the Android Market has yet to catch up on.

Message 5 of 26
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Nope. Smiley Very Happy Just some good ol' fashioned Angry Birds. With the addition of the Rio, it should be even more exciting to play. I wonder when I can get that downloaded from iTunes/Android Market?

It would be interesting to see which apps the new Amazon App Store has in stock. It's probably not as convenient/well-stocked as the Android Market, but I'm sure there are still some good ones. Maybe even some new ones that the Android Market has yet to catch up on.

Hey WildBanchi! I was able to download Angry Birds direct from the Android Market (free). Are you needing do download it from amazon instead? 

There are some code you can enter into the phone that suppose to 'unlock' unauthorized apps but i think thre are other steps to do as well to get it fully open to apps not from android market.  Check it out search it in the xda developers forum for your phone.

Message 6 of 26
Master

RicoLX: I would like to download it directly from the Android Market on my Captivate, but I have been having issues with the download lately. I shall try again tomorrow when I have more time to spare. Surely then I will have some entertainment before and on my vacation... Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 26
Professor

Hopefully it works buddy. Ill look up some info for you if you might need some help. Let me know how it goes.
Message 8 of 26
Professor

Any news on when will this issue with the Amazon Appstore be fixed??

Message 9 of 26
Professor

Which issue? Are you referring to ATT customers not able to download from amazonappstore?
Message 10 of 26
Professor

Yes.

Message 11 of 26
Professor

Berzerker wrote: Any news on when will this issue with the Amazon Appstore be fixed??

Not sure if anything is posted for Atrix sideload workaround on this forum, but if you browse the xda-developers forum and look up your phone you will find others that have posted the workaround. Most of which have veen very easy.
Message 12 of 26
Professor

For those not restricted to the AT&T Android Market:   Amazon App Store for a limited time has free Angry Birds Rio, and a different paid app for free every day!

Message 13 of 26
Professor

Yes! I have installed Angry Birds.
Message 14 of 26
Professor

redpoint73 wrote:

For those not restricted to the AT&T Android Market:   Amazon App Store for a limited time has free Angry Birds Rio, and a different paid app for free every day!

I was disappointed to learn that, unlike the Android Market, you have to load credit card info just to download the any free app.

Message 15 of 26
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support