Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Professor

Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Just got email. the Amazon Appstore for Android has launched today. Not sure how many can use it if your android has the ATT lockdown.  I think i can install on this phone , got it direct from Dell via amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

Message 1 of 26 (1,372 Views)
Professor

Re: Amazon Appstore Has Launched 3/22/2011

Wow I must have caught it on day one. I downloaded free without having to. But they did just bring amazon appstore online that same day I grabbed it.

Too bad neither android or amazon markets allow paypal option.
Message 16 of 26 (584 Views)
Professor

RicoLX wrote:
Wow I must have caught it on day one. I downloaded free without having to. But they did just bring amazon appstore online that same day I grabbed it.

I did a test run of installing a free app yesterday. I loaded my credit card info and downloaded a free app. Amazon processed it as a purchase with no charges. I received an emailed receipt for $0.00 and Amazon added it to My Apps in the settings. I did not like the app, so I un-installed it. Now the app is still in My Apps as available to install. I have not been able to find a way to remove it from my My Apps.

Message 17 of 26 (567 Views)
Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

RicoLX wrote:

I did a test run of installing a free app yesterday. I loaded my credit card info and downloaded a free app. Amazon processed it as a purchase with no charges. I received an emailed receipt for $0.00 and Amazon added it to My Apps in the settings. I did not like the app, so I un-installed it. Now the app is still in My Apps as available to install. I have not been able to find a way to remove it from my My Apps.

SitnSidewayz: how you liking the Inspire! cool?  Hey you are right, you have to associate the amazon appstore account with a credit card even to download a free app.  I just logged on to see if i could download something new and its now, not letting me get passed the "1-Click" link unless i provide a credit card. 

I lucked out and downloaded angry birds on the 22nd when they first announced the site was up and running (that 1 click wasnt in place early that morning).

Too bad amazon or android makets doesnt take paypal as a payent method.  I just hate linking my cards to the new site. Maybe i'll get one of those refillable visa cards and use that instead for my app purchases.

This way, Ill probably stick bout 10 buck on it and not worry too much if it gets screwed/frozen etc.

Message 18 of 26 (558 Views)
Professor

Angry Birds Rio is now available in the Android Market.Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 26 (499 Views)
Professor

Yep??? Going over there now and downloading! Thanks for the headsup!
Message 20 of 26 (495 Views)
Professor

You're welcome.Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 26 (510 Views)
Professor

SittnSidewayz is correct : you must associate a credit card to even get free apps from Amazon.com.  I wanted to download Angry Birds (Rio)... i have the initial Angry Birds already and it wouldnt let me until i load a card...

Smiley Mad

Dont think i wanna link my card to that so soon.

Message 22 of 26 (478 Views)
Master

Angry birds Rio (with ads) is now available on the Android Market for free. No credit card needed.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 26 (469 Views)
Professor

After reading that article about malware creeping into Android Market , cant help but question the due dilligence amazon has put into place so early in the game for weeding out "MALDROIDS"

Message 24 of 26 (380 Views)
Mentor

I installed the Amazon Market. Each time I go to try to order something, it tells me to Install Amazon Appstore. I have tried about 3x to do that; it says it downloads. but then I go back to the Market and nothing's different - I get the "Install Amazon Appstore message again". Is there some trick to installing this?

Message 25 of 26 (292 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I saw the post below ( re the HTC Inspire) & I don't thave the "Unknown Sources" option under the applications menu.

Message 26 of 26 (290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.